AFL RDT 2024 AFL DT

Remove this Banner Ad

I was lucky enough to miss the Green and Whitfield scores, but did cop the Rozee score.

Zorko was on the end of everything in our back half yesterday, with everyone else being very solid. Some luck with holding and fielding the likes of McKercher, Wilson and Sharp, so I ended up with 2214.

Trade wise I’m sitting on 343k, Roberts has been great and with his first down games, it’s very likely he makes way for Daicos to finish my backline. Leaving me with Sheezel, Martin, Daicos, Young, NWM and Stewart.
The second trade will likely be Reid / Darcy to Jones, both still have some cash generation in them but these two are really my best options to downgrade.

Possible opportunity to trade boost again, picking up Moore who is well priced and scoring very well.
That would complete my forward line of
Heeney, Zorko, Flanders, Moore, Macrae and Powell. I’m not overly confident with the last few in that group, but there’s not a heap of stand out choices there either.

Nice looking team, jealous of your midfield.

I’d be very wary of going early on Reville, we have a tendency to give new starters a few games then they seem to drop off, we do like to play Ah Chee who will likely be back soon too. Having a look, you have a few non starters already, and id be prioritising job security.

What’s your thoughts on Darcy Jones ? He’s looked good in the game I saw and scored well again this week, he may have some JS issues though ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I'm interested on why you'd want to go early on Reville. Morris looked the much better player to my eyes. If they have the injuries they look like they do, there will be spots open in that Lions side for young guys to make claim to. If it were me going early on a player this week, I'd be more interested in Sullivan at Pies, or Jack Hayes if you could afford it.

Nice looking team, jealous of your midfield.

I’d be very wary of going early on Reville, we have a tendency to give new starters a few games then they seem to drop off, we do like to play Ah Chee who will likely be back soon too. Having a look, you have a few non starters already, and id be prioritising job security.

What’s your thoughts on Darcy Jones ? He’s looked good in the game I saw and scored well again this week, he may have some JS issues though ?
Im struggling to find rookies with good job security to be honest. I realise ive already got a few dead rookies though. The appeal of Reville is that i can get Noah Anderson and Reville with just the 2 trades. Saving that boost could be worth it in the long run as i can offload a dead rookie when its absolutely needed. I like Darcy Jones a lot, he passes the eye test and if he keeps playing like he is, he will hold his spot. That said, im not 100% sure of his JS either. I can get Jones in and target someone like Parish instead of Anderson but im not really enthused about that possibility.

I'll keep experimenting i guess. Im hoping McAuliffe gets a call up this round after a shocker from the Tiges and with all their midfield injuries. Wait and see i guess

Yeah, I'm interested on why you'd want to go early on Reville. Morris looked the much better player to my eyes. If they have the injuries they look like they do, there will be spots open in that Lions side for young guys to make claim to. If it were me going early on a player this week, I'd be more interested in Sullivan at Pies, or Jack Hayes if you could afford it.
Sullivan may be the go actually.

rd8: 2150pts (top 4%) :)
overall: 786th (top 10%)... up 464 spots
trades: 27

Martin + Young + Daicos + Zorko + Wilson + Marshall + Sweet + Dunkley + Mckercher = :thumbsu:
Sheezel(c) + Roberts + Burgoyne + Darcy + Reid + Fyfe(bench) + Petracca = :thumbsdown:
Green = :mad:

Zorko & Dunkley saved the day... however, Green ruined everything
sold Grundy for Sweet(R2)... i think that will pay off considering Soldo is out until after their bye
i could use another premo fwd right now... and i don't have Heeney
possibly Darcy -> Jones and Reid -> Heeney is on the cards
i think i'll hold Green (as long as he doesn't miss too many games)
Petracca needs to lift !!

rd8: 2150pts (top 4%) :)
overall: 786th (top 10%)... up 464 spots
trades: 27

Martin + Young + Daicos + Zorko + Wilson + Marshall + Sweet + Dunkley + Mckercher = :thumbsu:
Sheezel(c) + Roberts + Burgoyne + Darcy + Reid + Fyfe(bench) + Petracca = :thumbsdown:
Green = :mad:

Zorko & Dunkley saved the day... however, Green ruined everything
sold Grundy for Sweet(R2)... i think that will pay off considering Soldo is out until after their bye
i could use another premo fwd right now... and i don't have Heeney
possibly Darcy -> Jones and Reid -> Heeney is on the cards
i think i'll hold Green (as long as he doesn't miss too many games)
Petracca needs to lift !!
Congrats mate. You're flying last 2 weeks

Im struggling to find rookies with good job security to be honest. I realise ive already got a few dead rookies though. The appeal of Reville is that i can get Noah Anderson and Reville with just the 2 trades. Saving that boost could be worth it in the long run as i can offload a dead rookie when its absolutely needed. I like Darcy Jones a lot, he passes the eye test and if he keeps playing like he is, he will hold his spot. That said, im not 100% sure of his JS either. I can get Jones in and target someone like Parish instead of Anderson but im not really enthused about that possibility.

I'll keep experimenting i guess. Im hoping McAuliffe gets a call up this round after a shocker from the Tiges and with all their midfield injuries. Wait and see i guess
All logical reasons, just think you will likely be compounding your issues if you go early in Reville. Atleast Jones is on the bubble, and I think he looked really good, scored in a bad game even with Toby and Daniels back in the side.

Looking at your team from an outsider perspective, do you think you’re potentially over capitalizing on your midfield ?

Anderson with his current breakeven isnt a now or never. By completing that trade, your backing yourself into fielding Wilson, Garcia and Reville in your forward line. I think your team would be better balanced with a forward line upgrade personally (I’m targeting Moore, as he may become very pricey at his last months output)
You’d be able to field Clohesy and Loop Reid/Garcia in the middle, have Moore, Wilson and loop Jones/Garcia in the forward line.
You get a better rookie, still getting an upgrade and positioned to have another look at the Rookies instead of going early, carrying some cash to make next weeks upgrade easier too.

Who are everyone's main targets in the coming few weeks?? Oliver seems popular, and I realise he is cheap, but his form has been pretty terrible imo. Does everyone think something is about to click for him, or is it just about jumping on a premo from years past at a discount ?? I think Dunkley's year is going under the radar.

Who are everyone's main targets in the coming few weeks?? Oliver seems popular, and I realise he is cheap, but his form has been pretty terrible imo. Does everyone think something is about to click for him, or is it just about jumping on a premo from years past at a discount ?? I think Dunkley's year is going under the radar.
Moore this week, watch on Oliver for next week. Apparently looked bit better this week. He's basically a mid pricer now so don't want to be going against the grain if he goes 105+ at $700k lol.

After that I'll need a mid a forward and a ruck plus Dale will need to be sidewaysed.

Rozee might be an option to go bargain hunting as the last mid. Dale might go to Zorko over the byes to fill the forward spot and I probably need to go Marshall as I've missed the English boat now.

Oliver is hard to ignore because of what he has done in the past. He was clearly hampered by the hand injury and think if he hadn’t gone going through the media circus earlier, he would have been rested, but they didn’t want any additional attention and speculation around him.
At his current price, even if he doesn’t turn it around completely, he’d still make a decent M9 as a luxury.

Common targets are the fallen premiums, I don’t have Green so he is on my radar. I’d expect Rozee and Bont to be on everyone else’s radar, as you’d think they turn it around like they have in the past.

My current midfield is Dawson, Bont, Walsh, Steele, Rozee, I’ll add both Oliver and Green fairly easily having Sharp, Wilson, McKercher as starters, with 243k in the bank. My final trade I think I’ll need to bite the bullet and get a Zerrett type to finish it off as I think it lacks just a little. I’ll avoid Serong to keep a point of difference as I’d imagine he’d be fairly common amongst most top teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back