2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

As in $750 per year? Remember Dusty brings a bit more than just on field. He will help fill the stadium, give us a nice spike in attendance I reckon. 750 seems a lot but over next few years with salary cap increasing it may not be…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Do we actually believe that Dusty is going to help fill the stadium?

I really don't feel the name value is enough to be drawing the kind of sustainable crowd attendance we're chasing.

As for Ainsworth: Like the guy. Got nothing against him but wouldn't cry over losing him.

I really don't feel the name value is enough to be drawing the kind of sustainable crowd attendance we're chasing.

As for Ainsworth: Like the guy. Got nothing against him but wouldn't cry over losing him.
Have to agree re ainsworth, would definitely rather keep him but if there is a top liner wanting to come to the club and moving on ainsworth would help make it happen then I would move on pretty quickly.
As for dusty I don't mind either way but we are really lacking those skilful goal assist type players and he would make the forward line operate better. We seen what happened when Rogers got plenty of the ball against West Coast, we need more creative players. Not sure if he fills the stadium but the kids still absolutely love him and would create a real buzz around the place.

I think it would create a significant spike, then it’s up to the suns to actually win to keep them coming…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wanted dusty a few years ago but he’s well and truly past his prime now and for what he will command $750k+ a year I just don’t think it’s worth it. Would rather see us invest in our core players and re-sign our young stars instead.
I feel similar.

If we got him two years ago, maybe (would have cost a lot though). Right now he would be good, but not at the expense of some other players.

Every player has a price though, but he is only worth it if he fits our cap and list and overall needs. Does he, now. And will he next year? Dunno about that.

I feel similar.

If we got him two years ago, maybe (would have cost a lot though). Right now he would be good, but not at the expense of some other players.

Every player has a price though, but he is only worth it if he fits our cap and list and overall needs. Does he, now. And will he next year? Dunno about that.
It does look like we are definitely after Rioli according to Midweek Tackle. How much would he cost us? Not less than 750K, more probably. I doubt we would bring in both Rioli and Martin, costing us 1.5M+ unless someone like Luko, Ainsworth leave.

I wanted dusty a few years ago but he’s well and truly past his prime now and for what he will command $750k+ a year I just don’t think it’s worth it. Would rather see us invest in our core players and re-sign our young stars instead.
If Ainsworth were to leave would you consider Dusty a good choice to replace him? Dusty may also make the move sweeter for D. Rioli. Who I believe would be a priority target.

It does look like we are definitely after Rioli according to Midweek Tackle. How much would he cost us? Not less than 750K, more probably. I doubt we would bring in both Rioli and Martin, costing us 1.5M+ unless someone like Luko, Ainsworth leave.

If Zac Williams cost 800k few years ago as an FA

I would pay Rioli 800k now

If Ainsworth were to leave would you consider Dusty a good choice to replace him? Dusty may also make the move sweeter for D. Rioli. Who I believe would be a priority target.
In that circumstance of Ainsworth and or others leaving ultimately creating cap space then I would be open to looking into it pending medicals/physicals etc. If he’d be used as a pressure half forward it would be enticing.

In that circumstance of Ainsworth and or others leaving ultimately creating cap space then I would be open to looking into it pending medicals/physicals etc. If he’d be used as a pressure half forward it would be enticing.
I dunno if Dusty could be considered a “pressure” forward. But he often brings my favourite kind of pressure: scoreboard.

However, really, his stat sheet isn’t much better than Ainsworth (at this point in Dusty’s career). Maybe a few more goal assists for Dusty, but a few less shots on goals.

Really don’t think it is worth. Seems like we’d be paying for a similar shirt, but paying extra for the fancy brand-name. Or maybe it’s more like we’d be picking up a used (and a bit banged up) brand-name shirt from a garage sale for the same price.

Gold Coast don’t need more pimply kids, but the Tigers do: Why a Rioli trade could be on​

Richmond need to seriously consider the Gold Coast Suns’ interest in Daniel Rioli.

This is not a reaction to another bad loss given the injuries at Punt Road, but recognition of the depth that needs to be addressed. Rioli could bring in multiple picks in return.

Rioli in the next five years is worth more to Gold Coast than he is to Richmond. That is not a reason for Richmond to trade him, but it is a reason why his trade value might be high. In terms of players who can bring in quality picks, Rioli would be valuable.

The Suns have a plethora of first- and second-round selections this year. After last year’s heavy trading they have two first-round picks and an end of first-round, as well as two second-round picks in this year’s national draft.

A player of Rioli’s age and skill set is more important to them than another precocious, pimply kid in the draft.

Thus, they can afford to pay relative overs in a trade sense than what Rioli would command from another club. If he can potentially generate a decent first-rounder as part of two picks inside 20, the Tigers would have to consider it.

When Richmond took Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper they were hoped to be the players who could keep them in flag contention as they regenerated on the run. It hasn’t worked out. The reasons for that are myriad, but none more so than the fact Tom Lynch has been injured for most of the time they have been there, as has Josh Gibcus.

Yes, the picks the Tigers gave up were in COVID-affected drafts that turned out to be more of a lottery than other drafts, but still losing that volume of early access to the draft comes at a cost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back