Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are going after Chol much rather give up 29 than our future 2nd.

Our future second locks us out of trading a first if the option appears as well as it being massive overs.

At least with 29 it would get eaten by a McCabe bid so it’s not as bad despite being overs.

Chol very much feels like he peaked with his 44 goals last year.
Need to see what we also get for Kosi and Brockman

Need to see what we also get for Kosi and Brockman
Bag Chips GIF by MOODMAN

If we are going after Chol much rather give up 29 than our future 2nd.

Our future second locks us out of trading a first if the option appears as well as it being massive overs.

At least with 29 it would get eaten by a McCabe bid so it’s not as bad despite being overs.

Chol very much feels like he peaked with his 44 goals last year.

I think if we didn’t bring much in for Kosi and Brockman if we traded out 29 and a bid came in for McCabe in the first round we’d be going into deficit.

Brockman is a huge loss. You could see his quality and we were only waiting on him to step up in his physical and mental development to become a top shelf small fwd. If I did not see it coming I would have been gutted. As I did suspect his defection as very possible I am only sorely disappointed. I wish him well.
Brockman is worth an early 2nd round pick in any analysis. 100% a starting 22 player in most teams when fit. But as he is out of contract, I don’t see how we can ask for anything in return. Can we say no? Surely not. What is our bargaining position… surely zero.

Kozie had just come good. My comment in the VFL thread was that he had possibly found the value of grippo and is now finally becoming the pack marking player that we all hoped he would be. His kicking is still suspect (yet recently good) but 100% he had a place in the Hawks Fwd line in 2024. Alas, he will be leaving us for the Tigers. For mine his value is around pick 35 (a proven player with knowledge around him certain) . But as he is out of contract I don’t see how we can ask for anything in return.

Massimo D’Ambrosio seems an interesting prospect. As I understand it, the Dons offered him a one year contract and the Hawks offered him two. Some love his kicking which is reminiscent of Matt Suckling with his style and accuracy but without the distance the Suckers could get. I love players who can hit a target and so am provisionally liking having him on the team.
What is certain! Massy is no Guerra.

2023 AFL National Draft … All of the focus is on the top 10 or maybe 20.
There are players outside the consensus top 30 that seem great prospects to me.

I’d like a trade for a fwd (Chol) but would be OK if it did not happen.

I’d be happy if the Hawks hold their money.

If Chol can keep up with our slowest player (a mid season ruck) then he is in. But if he wants an easy ride.. GF.

Last edited:
Brockman is a huge loss. You could see his quality and we were only waiting on him to step up in his physical and mental development to become a top shelf small fwd. If I did not see it coming I would have been gutted. As I did suspect his defection as very possible I am only sorely disappointed. I wish him well.
Brockman is worth an early 2nd round pick in any analysis. 100% a starting 22 player in most teams when fit. But as he is out of contract, I don’t see how we can ask for anything in return. Can we say no? Surely not. What is our bargaining position… surely zero.

Kozie had just come good. My comment in the VFL thread was that he had possibly found the value of grippo and is now finally becoming the pack marking player that we all hoped he would be. His kicking is still suspect (yet recently good) but 100% he had a place in the Hawks Fwd line in 2024. Alas, he will be leaving us for the Tigers. For mine his value is around pick 35 (a proven player with knowledge around him certain) . But as he is out of contract I don’t see how we can ask for anything in return.

Massimo D’Ambrosio seems an interesting prospect. As I understand it, the Dons offered him a one year contract and the Hawks offered him two. Some love his kicking which is reminiscent of Matt Suckling with his style and accuracy but without the distance the Suckers could get. I love players who can hit a target and so am provisionally liking having him on the team.
What is certain! Massy is no Guerra.

2023 AFL National Draft … All of the focus is on the top 10 or maybe 20.
There are players outside the consensus top 30 that seem great prospects to me.

I’d like a trade for a fwd (Chol) but would be OK if it did not happen.

I’d be happy if the Hawks hold their money.

If Chol can keep up with our slowest player (a mid season ruck) then he is in. But if he wants an easy ride.. GF.
I am not sure Brockman is committed enough to make it in the AFL.

We will get enough draft picks to cover McCabe!

Mid to late in draft I reckon we will keep an eye on Lorenz, Jiath and Dear.

It would not surprise me if we trade out our first of 2024, if there’s a forward on the board who appeals.

Massimo D’Ambrosio may not be at the standard of Suckling or Guerra yet, but I think in his own way he could be better. Has a beaut kick and seems to have some run.

It would not surprise me if we trade out our first of 2024, if there’s a forward on the board who appeals.

Massimo D’Ambrosio may not be at the standard of Suckling or Guerra yet, but I think in his own way he could be better. Has a beaut kick and seems to have some run.
Most in the 30 to 40 range in the National draft are speculative. Brockman is known AFL quality And only getting better.
Whether or not others think he will make it is irrelevant. Teams in the west think he will.

If he stayed at the Hawks he would be a best 22 player. If another W.A. team is picking him up it not as a reserves player. A pick in the 2nd round is generous in my view.

Most in the 30 to 40 range in the National draft are speculative. Brockman is known AFL quality And only getting better.
Whether or not others think he will make it is irrelevant. Teams in the west think he will.

If he stayed at the Hawks he would be a best 22 player. If another W.A. team is picking him up it not as a reserves player. A pick in the 2nd round is generous in my view.
My point being is his performance isn’t going to us a second round pick sadly. If he had play the complete season we may of been able to push the pick up a bit.

An the eagles will not pay up on promise alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weddle and Sicily can do the suckling type kick and more

Richmond are desperate for KPP and Kosi should not be moved on for peanuts. We should most definitely ask for something in the 20-30 range and a poster mentioned it earlier that if we cant get a decent and fair return we should off the PSD. Brocky will get home and Kosi likely to North so Tigers will need to play ball.

It's not trading if one club contnuously gets a reaming.

Did I seriously just read someone reckons 3, future first and scrimshaw would get naughton and JUH? 😂😂😂
Whatever you’re smoking, share it around
Yep that was me it was not well reasoned I shouldn’t drink that early…It was
a little in honour of our departing comrade Adrian. Also ironically I just started a new contract working for a Cannabis company…
Weed Cannabis GIF by MOODMAN
So

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back