NFL 2023 - Off-Season Player Updates/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Bears GM Ryan Poles told reporters he wants to keep impending free agent back David Montgomery.​

Poles said that there would need to be "common ground" on a contract. Poles said of Montgomery: "I love his mentality, how he plays the game. I told him that to his face. He’s part of the identity that we had this year that kept us competitive." Montgomery turns 26 in June and how his free agency unwinds will determine a lot about both his own and Khalil Herbert's fantasy value in 2023. So far, it seems like the Bears are very interested in bringing him back.

Ravens signed LB Roquan Smith to a five-year, $100 million extension with $45 million in guarantees.​

After acquiring Smith near the trade deadline for a second-round pick, they hand him a record-breaking extension. Smith's reported guaranteed money is tops at the off-ball linebacker position, slightly higher than the $43 million C.J. Mosley got when he left the Ravens to join the Jets. Smith finished the season with an 84.7 PFF grade for the Ravens and keyed a defensive turnaround for the unit. He'll be a linchpin for the Ravens going forward. Taking care of their second-biggest free-agent-to-be also frees up Baltimore to use the franchise tag on Lamar Jackson should they desire.

[Mike Florio] I think a collective decision will be made by teams that Tua won't ever play in NFL again. If he has another concussion, it will be the morning shows the next day. NFL don't want that kind of attention, parents out there fretting kids playing football. Team won't say it out loud.

[Mike Florio] I think a collective decision will be made by teams that Tua won't ever play in NFL again. If he has another concussion, it will be the morning shows the next day. NFL don't want that kind of attention, parents out there fretting kids playing football. Team won't say it out loud.

He'll give it one more shot next season imo. But I agree, if it were to happen again in the first few weeks of the season his career is likely over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Florio talking about Brady and Sean Payton getting together still next season, two teams Texans and Panthers (assuming coz they were two teams to get approved with an interview from the Saints)

We better bloody not.

Florio talking about Brady and Sean Payton getting together still next season, two teams Texans and Panthers (assuming coz they were two teams to get approved with an interview from the Saints)

We better bloody not.
It’d be ridiculous if Brady continues with this. Retire and enjoy your family you dickhead

It’d be ridiculous if Brady continues with this. Retire and enjoy your family you dickhead

This ... so much this.

Lost a fair bit of respect for TB as a person, as I just cant get my head around his decision to mess up his marriage and the fabric of his family to eek out another season or two in the NFL....why just why :shrug:

Hey ....... but then again thats just me and as someone who in three months time will have been married to a wonderful lady for 40 years, with the likely prospect of becoming a grandfather in the next year or two, I just cant relate to his decision.

Family is absolutely everything to me ............ the rest is just fairy floss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back