List Mgmt. 2023 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

I love it.

We can't knock back talent in compromised drafts, we don't have the luxury at St Kilda.

These KIDS make mistakes, it's the St Kilda FC's culture and coaches that now get the chance to improve their character.

You either back Toce & Co's diligence and our club culture, or you don't. I'm choosing to have faith in both after the last few years.

Also love to see that every player we selected can kick the ball well and run well. Ross has eyed these traits and players and wants to work with them.

Love the choices, nailed it!

Part of my job is working with people who are disabled to help them develop skills to gain employment. I didn't want to mention it.

Never in a million years would I think about making light of someone like this who may have been bullied. This s*t is ****** low.

Hope we can discuss him as a footballer now.
I’m on the same page as you with this. Really hope it’s not true.

Sam Hayes apparently.

And I’ve got to be right one of these days.
Not bad at all. I hope Heath comes on like I thought he would. Looks like he's going to be a really decent player. Wonder what we'd look like with Marshall fwd and Heath in the ruck in a couple years, if it comes to that.

Campbell will be gone end of next year so think we probably have to go with a project ruck type and give Campbell the job of getting him up to speed as much as possible for the years to come.

I’m on the same page as you with this. Really hope it’s not true.
I think it's probably bullshit but it's beside the point as Minga mentioned above. Lets see how he turns out. Would love nothing more than seeing him (if true) change as a person under the leadership of Lyon and co, and develop as a footballer. He is a steal at 62, and has the ability to be one of our best in a few years.

Quietly confident we have nailed the last 3 drafts… at the least there’s certainly much to be excited about and the kids are in good hands.
First time in a long time Sandy will be worth watching for more then 1 or 2

Didn't have high hopes for this draft but I'm pretty excited by who we picked up. A range of talents in a number of positions, and I love how we prioritised speed and skills. Pinching Schoenmaker at 62 to cap it off is also just ridiculous.

I think it's probably bullshit but it's beside the point as Minga mentioned above. Lets see how he turns out. Would love nothing more than seeing him (if true) change as a person under the leadership of Lyon and co, and develop as a footballer. He is a steal at 62, and has the ability to be one of our best in a few years.
AFAIC he has a clean slate right now.
As much as any other of the new draftees.
If they stuff up there’ll be consequences. But for now I’m backing them all in. It might also be helpful for us to stop referring to him on here as “Bully.”
Thats bullying in itself.

Young kids can be sh*ts. Believe me, I teach adolescent girls.
The majority learn and mature. Time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFAIC he has a clean slate right now.
As much as any other of the new draftees.
If they stuff up there’ll be consequences. But for now I’m backing them all in. It might also be helpful for us to stop referring to him on here as “Bully.”
Thats bullying in itself.

Young kids can be sh*ts. Believe me, I teach adolescent girls.
The majority learn and mature. Time will tell.
Yes, using the bully nickname for allegedly bullying a person with disabilities as a term of endearment is also low, but I'm not that surprised. Wonder how the kid turns out.

End of first round/start of second round rated player gets picked at the end of the 5th round, wowzers that’s a Beach House level slide.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes, using the bully nickname for allegedly bullying a person with disabilities as a term of endearment is also low, but I'm not that surprised. Wonder how the kid turns out.
Well he’s got his chance.
Nearly missing out on being drafted will be a huge wake up call.
Still, I’m confident in our coaching team to get the best out of him.

Richo etc, not so much.

Well he’s got his chance.
Nearly missing out on being drafted will be a huge wake up call.
Still, I’m confident in our coaching team to get the best out of him.

Richo etc, not so much.
Can agree on that. Look at what Richo has done to Melbourne 😎

I like that we've been consistently bringing in youth. At the start of next season:

18: Hastie, Wilson, Garcia
19: Collard, Schoenmaker, Phillipou, Hotton, McLennan, Van Es, Keeler
20: Caminiti, Owens, Windhager
21: Wanganeen-Milera, Heath

That's 15 in an age range who can develop super fast. No idea if any of them become superstars but if you don't buy a lottery ticket you're guaranteed not to win.

Speed will be nice.
Hopefully our days of the slow switch or bomb down the line or bust are well behind us.
Yes. Really sick of Richo’s/Ratten’s only tactic - blind bombing the ball forward 200 times a game and blame it on work rate when this genius game plan failed.

Hopefully getting speed and dare into the side means more exciting football. Even at times this year, we struggled to get the ball outside defensive 50.

Last edited:
I didn't wanna make this public but the guys on the PM thread know.

So I've got some background on the bullying claims... my cousin teaches at a south east high school and he witnessed the bullying. It's not the only incident though.

They had a footy clinic and they had the pies boys come down. They knew Ariel was in the champs so they had him do some one on one marking with Murphy. Murphy's taken it pretty casual and he's been outmarked. So they go again and Murphy takes it more seriously and again is beaten. He's angry now. Orders another go. Gets beaten again. At this point Murphy's gone to bump into him front on but then feigned for contact, ducked into and Ariel has ended up smashig into his head and making him groggy.

The pies guys had to drag him off the ground and into a car. He was yelling all kinds of expletitives and calling him a Bully.

Apparently the drinking stuff purely comes from the fact he did some training at Casey. He was ok it was more he had to drive another dees player home who had too many post training with one of the coaches.
Cant tell if serious, but if it is it's freakin hilarious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back