Resource 2023 AFL Draft Discussion...

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone wanting a look at Harley Reid he's playuing for Carlton's VFL team right now...quiet so far..#78

How is that allowed?
Could we get Moir to play for our sanfl side?

How is that allowed?
Could we get Moir to play for our sanfl side?
Of course not, unlikely we'll get Welsh or any other father sons in our side prior to drafting, even though there's potential for that to happen

Last edited:

No because he's indentured to Glenelg...all SANFL draftees have a club they're zoned to, the SANFL will allow F/S's or NGA Academy players to play for the Crows SANFL or Port Adelaide if their clubs are agreeable.

Same applies to AFL Academy players in Victoria with each Coates League team being designated to a VFL club....Phiactides is playing for the Tigers VFL and Zane Duursma for the Demons VFL this weekend with there being no Coates League games for them this weekend.

Soligo played for Richmond under the same conditions in 2021.
Thanks for the explanation

No he doesn't, not even close yet.

JHF also entered the AFL far more physically developed and game ready than Dangerfield.

JHF has it all in front of him to achieve...

View attachment 1673335
At the same age JHF is more advanced on Dangerfield and that’s all he can do at this point

Of course he needs to keep developing to match dangerfields achievements in time but right now he’s doing all he can for a 2nd year player

Moir hasn't lifted as the class has gone up, nice being a dual sided elite kick but boy does he need to lift his competiteness especially with contested ground ball.
Yeah can't say he's imposed himself on the game. Not top 10 for me currently

Duursma, on the other hand, seems to have lifted. Still getting shades of Jaidyn Stephenson, but the class at this level is evident

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moir hasn't lifted as the class has gone up, nice being a dual sided elite kick but boy does he need to lift his competiteness especially with contested ground ball.

Did they end winning? Looked like it but I missed the last 10 minutes

Does that happen often - the kids beating a VFL side? I would have thought those Carlton’s boys would feel pretty embarrassed losing to a bunch of kids - even elite ones

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Does this surprise you .....going too early on kids, predicting huge futures, when they are only 16 YO ......often backfires.

It's only when youngsters play against those of equal talent at the Nationals, in their Draft Year ....that we see, skills under true pressure ....even then, we can't see their internal motivations

Once the ball hits the deck he's been very very ordinary this year so far....as the class has gone up he hasn't risen with it...
Is playing with an injury atm, from what I heard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back