News 2022 St.Kilda AFLW Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

All-Australian Patrikios, who has twice won the club’s best and fairest award (2020 and 2021), said she was ready to go.

“I’m very excited to be back at RSEA Park,” Patrikios said.

“I’m incredibly thankful for the loyalty the club has shown me over the past 18 months.

“All I want to do now is train hard alongside my teammates and run out there with the girls next season.”

Good to see a mention of Fitzpatrick returning, hasn't been sighted all pre-season. I wonder if she stayed back in Ireland for longer, either playing Gaelic footy or packing up her life to move here permanently. The All-Ireland Ladies' final is this Sunday.

Good to see a mention of Fitzpatrick returning, hasn't been sighted all pre-season. I wonder if she stayed back in Ireland for longer, either playing Gaelic footy or packing up her life to move here permanently. The All-Ireland Ladies' final is this Sunday.
Officially in Melbourne. And they look excited to have her back.

Black and Bastiani best 21:

F: G.Greiser N.Xenos
HF:  G.Kelly. K.Shierlaw N.Stevens
C:  M.McDonald R.Dillon. E.Friend
HB:  H.Priest. C.Fitzpatrick T.White
B: B.Jakobsson R.Ott
Foll:  E.McKinnon T.Smith G.Patrikios
I/C:  J.Anderson. D.Guttridge O.Vesely J.Van Dyk N.Exon
Emerg: A.Richards H.Stuart

Not a bad team. Pretty similar to mine:

F: Shierlaw Xenos
HF: Guttridge Greiser Stevens
C: McDonald Smith* White
HB: Jolliffe Jakobsson Priest
B: Fitzpatrick Ott
R: McKinnon Patrikios Stuart
I/C: Vesely Richards Friend Kelly Van Dyk
EMG: Matin

Smith might miss most, if not all of the season though. Stevens, White, McDonald, even Jolliffe, Richards and Xenos could have a run through the middle. If we're too tall down back, swap Ott with Van Dyk. I have Greiser at CHF because I think she impacts better when she works up the ground, and can bomb a goal from outside 50. Shierlaw can take hangers at FF and kicks better closer to goal. Jolliffe slots straight in with her hard working game, versatility and skill set. Stuart might be caught out for pace at this level, but she doesn't stop getting to contests and if we can get at least 80% of her VFLW output that would be great. I'm still waiting for Dillon and Exon to lift their numbers and impact before they slot in (which might be hard to do without a reserves comp). No doubt everyone will get a crack at it and rotated throughout the season.

Last edited:
Apparently there are practice matches this weekend as well as the ones below. I haven't heard who or when we're playing.

297412544_3255288008069233_7320458396113911437_n.jpg

Last edited:

Some interesting movements there.

Possibly going with two rucks.
Tall backline with Fitzpatrick, Jacobsson and Ott.
Jolliffe used forward, and Guttridge on-ball.
Anderson already pressuring up forward.
Stuart already impacting inside.
Patrikios played.
Got the win. Not that important atm, but it's better than just letting the opposition walk over us.

And I'm thankful that the club actually reported on this match.

St Kilda will dial up its Season 7 preparations this coming Friday against Brisbane, with the official practice match to be livestreamed on saints.com.au beginning from 3:30pm AEST.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Squad for Friday's practice game

St Kilda v Brisbane | Squad Selection

1. Molly McDonald 3. Alice Burke 4. Nicola Stevens 5. Darcy Guttridge 8. Bianca Jakobsson 9. Tarni White 12. Kate Shierlaw 13. Renee Saulitis 14. Hannah Priest 16. Ella Friend 17. Erin McKinnon 18. Hannah Stuart 19. Jess Matin 20. Rebecca Ott 21. Georgia Patrikios 22. Ash Richards 23. Olivia Vesely 25. Rosie Dillon 26. Clara Fitzpatrick 30. Lucy Burke 34. Deanna Jolliffe, 35. Simone Nalder 36. Jayde Van Dyk

Note guernsey numbers for new players are not the numbers which will be worn for Season 7.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back