2022 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 5, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
With this new variant of Covid ripe through the community, what consequences will we see when the season comes around with multiple players infected from teams. The players wont bubble, nor should they. Covid is going to be rank throughout Australia and still we need to isolate if we are infected even though immunized. We could see teams decimated with quarantines and not able to field a team or at least field a team that will be competitive. Season shutdown/delay is a real possibility again...

Everyone who wants to be vaccinated is vaccinated, for F sake lets just live with it.

....and still take our own precautions like wearing masks etc, regardless if others are doing it (all the more reason to wear one).....or avoid crowds altogether.

We just cannot do anymore lockdowns, so it is up to us now to be careful and to be able to get on with our lives safely.

Seeing it with the NBA and now the EPL (some what the cricket as well)

The covid protocols will ruin sport next year unless they change to rules of close contacts and isolation rules in each state.

WA teams will have to move the teams to melbourne or sydney for the year.

Should be a shorter season, play each other once, finals with no break and be done with it.
same length season, fewer games, rolling fixture. gives time to shuffle games when inevitably half a team has to isolate and if everything goes without a hitch, well then either we have some late season byes or juts finish early.

....and still take our own precautions like wearing masks etc, regardless if others are doing it (all the more reason to wear one).....or avoid crowds altogether.

We just cannot do anymore lockdowns, so it is up to us now to be careful and to be able to get on with our lives safely.
you say that, but:

and our leaders ignoring health advice to implement the most basic and unobtrusive preventative measures just makes it more likely we have more lockdowns:

theyre not yet though. kids only start next year.
Healthy kids are at no more risk from Covid than the seasonal flu yet we don't mandate flu injections for them.

Covid is here to stay, zero cases and deaths is nigh on impossible, lets just get on with life.

It gives me the shits that even though I am fully vaccinated and we are told the massive majority of people admitted to hospital with Covid are unvaccinated I now have to wear mask indoors here in Brisbane, it's nonsensical to me.

Healthy kids are at no more risk from Covid than the seasonal flu yet we don't mandate flu injections for them.

Covid is here to stay, zero cases and deaths is nigh on impossible, lets just get on with life.

It gives me the shits that even though I am fully vaccinated and we are told the massive majority of people admitted to hospital with Covid are unvaccinated I now have to wear mask indoors here in Brisbane, it's nonsensical to me.
After nearly 2 years people like you still don't get it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you saying the vaccines don't work or at the least don't work all that well at stopping the spread of the virus?

How long are we to put up with lockdowns and mandates before we can stop living in fear?
You are dead right mate. Today's headline: Doherty modelling predicts 200,000 cases a day. I mean, seriously?
Anyone ever hear of personal responsibility? Instead of the government telling you how to do everything.

You are dead right mate. Today's headline: Doherty modelling predicts 200,000 cases a day. I mean, seriously?
Anyone ever hear of personal responsibility? Instead of the government telling you how to do everything.
I haven't read their modelling report but to get 200,000 cases a day how many tests would they have to do? I'd suggest millions, I don't think we'd have the resources to even do that many tests per day, it's just blatant fear mongering and the press lovingly eat it up and regurgitate it as click bait.

Season will be effected no doubt, question is how many players out/isolating will it take for game to be postponed?
this season will be based on lots of luck with this.. look at nba,players every week out due to COVID..

I haven't read their modelling report but to get 200,000 cases a day how many tests would they have to do? I'd suggest millions, I don't think we'd have the resources to even do that many tests per day, it's just blatant fear mongering and the press lovingly eat it up and regurgitate it as click bait.
Do you understand what modelling is and how it works?

Is extended lists/top up players an option? No one wants to see sub AFL standard players but it seems inevitable a club/s will end up with a large number of players out at once.

....and we thought 2021 was going to be better!

Here we are about to go into 2022 and things are out of control. Can't see it being anything but a disrupted season for our teams.

Fingers crossed we get pleasantly surprised when one day we wake up and all this goddamn mayhem to our lives is gone!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back