2022 off season moves

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not sure what you mean by all that?

Yerp and why have they got nothing coming through? Cos their juniors have been stuffed for a decade.
Its finally bearing fruit.
Northern suburbs footy
Claremont, Brighton, Glenorchy and New Norfolk all struggling.

Sorry, I thought it was an interesting aside.

Juxtaposition.

Northern suburbs men's footy is poor, but the Men's soccer were State premiers.

Northern suburbs men's footy is poor, but Women's footy were southern GF & state Premiers.

I think thats quite interesting.

Sorry, I thought it was an interesting aside.

Juxtaposition.

Northern suburbs men's footy is poor, but the Men's soccer were State premiers.

Northern suburbs men's footy is poor, but Women's footy were southern GF & state Premiers.

I think thats quite interesting.
Yes I agree.
I think it comes down to the competing interests of junior clubs. There shouldn’t be junior clubs that exist to just under 15s or 16s or even lower ie: Claremont, Brighton, Hobart.
An age group needs to come out and i believe it should be 15s
So a 12s 13s 14s 16s 18s.
Needs to be free to play too

Last edited:

Gov due to wanting an AFL team and also improving health, community involvement, benefits of team sport etc results in the northern suburbs.

Hmmmm, maybe.

Kids are playing soccer. So its really up to AFLTas to address the problem, its their sport.

Unless of course their only interested in Private schools & kids from nice well off suburbs. ;)

Glenorchy Knights men `won the state soccer league.

Yet Glenorchy played Claremont in the SFLW GF.

Then Glenorchy won the state final.

Strange situation that!

yeah agreed they both have worked to gain good cultures and have seen rewards

the culture in the mens side is appalling

Jason Laycock moves to south Burnie from Hobart Football club

Jason Laycock moves to south Burnie from Hobart Football club
Hope his knee holds out. Blew up like a football playing on that Oatlands ground against Brighton on 5th June and he pulled the pin after that.
Apparently had twigged it in the pre-season after having not played for about four years and wasn't expected to play a lot of games, 8-10 at the most, played four, three at the TCA and one at Oatlands.
He told me the hard surface at the TCA in the earlier part of the season had made his knee issues worse and that he was struggling at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^ could be that or as someone else said, backing their youth in next year instead of signing big names with big reputations that didnt do much.
Probably pay off in the long term for them if they go that road to be fair.

^ could be that or as someone else said, backing their youth in next year instead of signing big names with big reputations that didnt do much.
Probably pay off in the long term for them if they go that road to be fair.

Yeah I ran into rat gilmour about a fortnight ago he said there gonna back the youth in this year

Couple of Pies leave to go to new Norfolk

and Luke Adams joins the mint

Remove this Banner Ad

Back