Game Day 2021 VFLW Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure did.

Wow, you were doing God’s work there cheering in those conditions!

Curious, did you see any of the board or management at the game?

Was bloody chilly though, and the wind wouldn't have made great conditions. Was really strong.

Yeah, it looked like that on the stream. I was concerned that we didn’t make the most of the wind in the first quarter. Very gutsy to defend our position in the second and fourth. Looked like the wind might have calmed down a little in the second half.

Wow, you were doing God’s work there cheering in those conditions!

Curious, did you see any of the board or management at the game?

Yeah, it looked like that on the stream. I was concerned that we didn’t make the most of the wind in the first quarter. Very gutsy to defend our position in the second and fourth. Looked like the wind might have calmed down a little in the second half.
There was a fair few people around, but can't say I saw anyone like that.

I think the wind did calm a little down, but the girls they didn't give up, even when sklls were scrappy. They did what they had to do. I think Geelong has been our toughest opponent all year, in the three games we have played them this year. Its no surprise they were 2nd on the ladder just behind us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See Mkcaptain's post on previous page.

NO,
If we win we go straight to the GF.
If we lose, we play the winner of the other semi in the preliminary final in 2 weeks time.

We still have our "double chance".

Awesome, thanks.

Does anyone know if the girls will be training at Vic Park this week? I presume they will be, even if it's just a run around.

The ground condition is ok-ish. Due to lock down, the maintenance undertandably hasn't been as frequent simply because there's very little games being played there so it's seen better days but it's not awful. The grounds keepers have got the goal areas up and about but it's a wee muddy on the goal lines. I had a kick on it yesterday and it needs a mow which I'm going to presume they'll do when they re-do the lines.

It's certainly a home ground advantage though. I hope everyone can get to the ground and cheer on our girls. This is a very, very special effort happening here ... one week at a time of course... but going to back to back premiers and also no losses for the entire season is stuff of legends.

Does anyone know if the girls will be training at Vic Park this week? I presume they will be, even if it's just a run around.

The ground condition is ok-ish. Due to lock down, the maintenance undertandably hasn't been as frequent simply because there's very little games being played there so it's seen better days but it's not awful. The grounds keepers have got the goal areas up and about but it's a wee muddy on the goal lines. I had a kick on it yesterday and it needs a mow which I'm going to presume they'll do when they re-do the lines.

It's certainly a home ground advantage though. I hope everyone can get to the ground and cheer on our girls. This is a very, very special effort happening here ... one week at a time of course... but going to back to back premiers and also no losses for the entire season is stuff of legends.

Game will also have live radio coverage on WARFRadio.com from 11am Saturday, and if you bring your radio to the ground, you can listen on 89.1FM.

Possibly. Maybe tomorrow night? The AFLW girls used to do that. And the VFLW girls used to always train at vic park.

Do we know if Newman is any chance of coming back this year?

IIRC she took time out for Army Reserve training?

And Lambert? Hasn't played since R11 against Port

Is there a limit on how many games AFLW players can play?

And Lambert? Hasn't played since R11 against Port

Is there a limit on how many games AFLW players can play?
There is, its a maximum of 10 AFLW listed players. Presumably young players would get preference for their development.

Edit - Appears we only have 9 named. Weird

Last edited:
There is, its a maximum of 10 AFLW listed players. Presumably young players would get preference for their development.

Edit - Appears we only have 9 named. Weird

That was what I was thinking.

COLLINGWOOD V ESSENDON
BPorterLee
HBPurcellFergusonButler
CCannO'DeaNeal
WLinRicardo
HFMeagherMoloneyZander
FMolloyBarnett
RKing
INTVelardoBoweyHallett
BunkerGuy
EMEJacksonWestonDurante

I guess it's nice to reward the VFLW listed players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back