T20I 2021 T20 World Cup Semi Final 2 - Australia v Pakistan 12 Nov 1am AEDT

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah he hasn't been great but that's also 20/20. One day you're sh*t and the next you make runs. Warner is all of a sudden looking good when he looked terrible early in the series.

One thing with finch is he seems to get out for a duck in big games. World cup finals etc. The victorian choking on the big stage syndrome

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Mark waugh scored ducks in both 1996 and 1999 WC semi finals they showed it on the other night in the pregame show to stitch him up

How's that knock rank in Wade's career? I'd almost have it second behind his ton in the first Ashes Test in 2019.

I think last night

I was at edgbaston when wade scored his ton in 2019.

The poms were cooked by smithy when he came in. Smithy just needed someone to hang around with him. Anderson was out injured.

So England were a bowler down and consumed by smith they had no idea how to get him out Joe root basically gave up winning and spent the day rotating moeen ali, joe denly and himself at one end hoping for a draw.

It was still a great innings and basically drove the nail into England's coffin but last night was more high pressure imo

I looked up Matthew Wade on twitter and all the comments are by Indians....oh yeah, they hate pakistan, they enjoyed it more than we did 🤣

The prayers God receives in his mailbox in every Australia match just got multiplied by millions yesterday. A billion prayers to a million gods probably helped Australia get over the line as well.:tearsofjoy:

I was pumped having watched the replay this morning only to come into this thread to see how sh*t we are and how much this doesn't matter. I knew there was a reason I avoided the Australia threads the majority of the time.

Do you check the result before watching the replay or you just watch it without checking social media?

Goodnight and goodmorning haha. Totally worth staying up for both semis. Thanks for the fun fellas, not sure who to support in the final lols

Could care less mate, just grateful to Australia for knocking Pakistan out.

We wouldn't have heard the end of it if Pakistan had won the world cup :tearsofjoy:

Just watched the Kayo Mini.Amazing semi final.Like game 1 Stoinis and Wade there at the end.
Great tournament by Pakistan.On another night might of nailed thoes run-outs.
Australia have exceed all expectations so far.Lets see how we go ,v the kiwis

Just watched the Kayo Mini.Amazing semi final.Like game 1 Stoinis and Wade there at the end.

Wade could of/should of been run out without facing a ball..! Warner given out despite his bat not being anywhere near the ball..! And Smith's dismissal was handy in hindsight, given he was scratching around like an old chook at the time. While, Ali's catch/drop of Wade towards the end could of won it for Pak..?

Great game of T20 and to quote Blackadder; 'it had more twists and turns than a twisty turny thing"...

Last edited:
R
Wade could of/should of been run out without facing a ball..! Warner given out despite his bat not being anywhere near the ball..! And Smith's dismissal was handy in hindsight, given he was scratching around like an old chook at the time. While, Ali's drop of Wade towards the end could of won it for Pak..?

Great game of T20 and to quote Blackadder; 'it had more twists and turns than a twisty turny thing"...
deanc how about the noise made by the Pakistan fans.

I also wonder if this will make BCCI revist their policies surrounding allowing Indian players to compete in non-IPL T20 tournaments.

Not a chance of this happening. Indian cricketers play too much cricket, not less cricket.

The T20 world cup is such a random tournament that no matter how well you're prepared, you might stumble if things don't fall your way.

Before the tournament started, because of the venue, I had India, England and Pakistan as the top 3 favourites with Windies being the dark horses. India and Windies bombed in the group stages while Pakistan and England were probably the top 2 favourites among the 4 semifinalists and they have both got eliminated. I don't think many would have predicted an AusvNZ final in the UAE WC before the tournament started. I mean, Australia are probably the side that gives the least importance to T20s while England and Pakistan both give a lot of attention to T20Is, yet Aus has made the final while Eng and Pak have been knocked out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a chance of this happening. Indian cricketers play too much cricket, not less cricket.

The T20 world cup is such a random tournament that no matter how well you're prepared, you might stumble if things don't fall your way.

Before the tournament started, because of the venue, I had India, England and Pakistan as the top 3 favourites with Windies being the dark horses. India and Windies bombed in the group stages while Pakistan and England were probably the top 2 favourites among the 4 semifinalists and they have both got eliminated. I don't think many would have predicted an AusvNZ final in the UAE WC before the tournament started. I mean, Australia are probably the side that gives the least importance to T20s while England and Pakistan both give a lot of attention to T20Is, yet Aus has made the final while Eng and Pak have been knocked out.
Someone will provide the stats but batting first ensures a loss, hence the winners of the toss insert the opposition as happened in the semi finals. I am excluding matches with Namibia, Scotland..

Probably already been said but jeez Ghambir is a knob. If Ashwin is coming to your defence then you know you’ve said something dumb

Do you check the result before watching the replay or you just watch it without checking social media?
Watch it without checking social media. Given it was 5am when I woke up to watch it it wasn't difficult. Can watch a match in under 2 hours through skipping breaks between overs and on Kayo you can watch at 1.5x or 2x speed so I do that at times too.

Tbf Gambhir's got a huge axe to grind against most Indian cricketers too, Dhoni and Kohli being his main targets. He's got bit of a Napoleon complex.
I didn't call him a ****ing idiot because he said a bad thing about an Australian, I called him a ****ing idiot because he's a ****ing idiot and this is just the latest example.

Sounds like one of dumbest things I heard an international cricketer say.

As for the final itself, when is it actually played?
Is it tonight or Sunday night?
Also where?
Is it same pitch as the other night or same pitch Australia played South Africa?
There about the only games I actually tuned in to watch more than 30 minutes live.
If it as same pitch as when they played South Africa I assume another tough pitch for batsmen but if it same pitch as the other night it going to suit the batters and spinners more.

Back