News 2021 St.Kilda AFLW Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Did they play a scratch match against Carlton recently?

“The Carlton v St Kilda scratch match was closed, with the clubs choosing not to publish any information about what played out”

A bit strange, especially if they want good support.

Bought two ladies memberships last week, one for my daughter and one for her daughter.

Just not prepared to let the chance of being a foundation member pass my family by.

Go Saints.

Really looking forward to rolling up to the new/old place at Linton St in just NINE days time.....with my grandson and grand daughter.! Its wonderful and i feel extremely proud that we the SAINTS have our team, these girls playing for us and themselves....It will be a fantastic and historic moment.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unpluggered Podcast: Footy's back at Moorabbin!

Just days out from the first official match of the St Kilda FC Women in their inaugural AFLW season, the boys discuss the list build of the St Kilda FCW team and the makeup of Conference B in 2020, the Saints finals chances in year one, and of course, the big Round 1 clash with the Western Bulldogs girls, coached by none other than former St Kilda legend, Nathan Burke.

LISTEN: https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=570827
OR:
SPOTIFY: spoti.fi/33tLtSI
APPLE: apple.co/2CnLJqD
GOOGLE: bit.ly/unpluggeredgoogle

I thought the girls played really well today for a first proper hit out. Looks like they were trying very hard to play with speed, but were outmuscled in the clearances and couldn't quite work out the transition into the forward line. Played with a lot of heart - there were some big hits there!!

Standouts for me were Patrikios and Vesely with their clean disposal and movement through traffic, Rhi Watt with a few really good marks, and Fitzpatrick in the backline. I think Nat Exon was strong in the contest and Lucas-Rodd pretty clean out of the backline. Jess Sedunary provided a bit of spark up in the forward line.

Need to improve a few things for the next game, most notably looking inboard to take the 45 degree kicks instead of bombing it down the line, and also maintaining forward structure so when we do get a clean break we have something to kick to.

Really good to see a sell out crowd at Moorabbin!

I thought the girls played really well today for a first proper hit out. Looks like they were trying very hard to play with speed, but were outmuscled in the clearances and couldn't quite work out the transition into the forward line. Played with a lot of heart - there were some big hits there!!

Standouts for me were Patrikios and Vesely with their clean disposal and movement through traffic, Rhi Watt with a few really good marks, and Fitzpatrick in the backline. I think Nat Exon was strong in the contest and Lucas-Rodd pretty clean out of the backline. Jess Sedunary provided a bit of spark up in the forward line.

Need to improve a few things for the next game, most notably looking inboard to take the 45 degree kicks instead of bombing it down the line, and also maintaining forward structure so when we do get a clean break we have something to kick to.

Really good to see a sell out crowd at Moorabbin!
In the first quarter it appeared Saints were caught out, suffered from that three and a half goal lead established in the first 15 mins til the end. The battle throughout the rest of the game was incredibly even and particularly in the last quarter where our girls almost busted it open...just struggled with the wind in a lot of pivotal moments.

Might have been a different outcome had it been at Marvel don't know. The bulldogs were able to keep their passes low and not as subject to the effect of the wind. Everytime we kicked it was high and perhaps an attempt at length, maybe that is where the impression of bombing long comes in.....but we suffered a lot of lost opportunities with balls veering radically with the wind once it was given any elevation.

The experience of the Bulldogs a factor....they jumped the new Saints team and handled the conditions a little more cleverly. Really not as much in it as you might think. IMO as it appeared from my vantage point on the bayside Linton st wing.

As has been noted some massive hits observed...one in particular that occurred right in front of me on that wing was I THINK Nadia Von B.going down so hard and bouncing up 'Lennyesque' in style even. I hope i got the right girl... I think it was 28...anyway it impressed the entire Bulldog brigade arounf their interchange ...respect the outcome!!!

DESPITE THE CONDITIONS ..both teams impressed as to the standard, skill and spirit...A really great game to watch...much enjoyed and yes disappointed we didn;t get the job done. Exciting times ahead i suspect.

Attachments

• 7AFL on Twitter CRUNCH ? httpst.cosquiLDCWC3 Twitter.mp4
    1.2 MB
Last edited:
It was a great season for our girls

Wasn’t sure where to put this so I’ve put it here lol.

Great to see so many of the Saints women’s team sign up to keep playing for the Saints whenever the next season starts . I thought they showed a lot of promise during their first season and were actually building to a big finish when the season was cancelled.
With the young players still there the future looks bright .

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back