2021 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Did the break suit any clubs as far as injury’s go? I reckon for the sides at the top of the ladder it could * their momentum a little; time will tell.

Did the break suit any clubs as far as injury’s go? I reckon for the sides at the top of the ladder it could fu** their momentum a little; time will tell.
Reckon it could have the opposite effect. Teams down the bottom already got nothing to play for, coming back in the depths of winter doesn't sound too appealing. Could be some big blowouts

Yackandandah a better side with out Castles; incredible.

Would hate to know the money they spent on him for so many years.
I’m guessing it would be more then what the whole team will get combined this year & next.
Funny what happens when you play as a team rather then keeping an individual

Anyone got a mid season report on teams?
The league seems very tight at the top half this season??
Reckon it's pretty tight with the top 5. Whoever is peaking at the right time will go in favorites. Got a feeling Yack a bit behind the other 4, but will be in a powerful position next year and beyond

Reckon it's pretty tight with the top 5. Whoever is peaking at the right time will go in favorites. Got a feeling Yack a bit behind the other 4, but will be in a powerful position next year and beyond
I thought the same but Yack have now beaten Barny, Tallangatta and Chiltern.
They are young and quick and that might help them even more when they get to Sandy Creek.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitta United president Alex Beggs confident reserves forfeit was a one-off.

Bit rich.
I'm not sure what Alex said, but i'll throw in my opinion regardless. Over the weekend, we had 30 players from both grades unavailable to play, and still managed to name 13 people in the 2's. Had the game been a week earlier, we would have been fine, as a few of the boys got some mates who were keen to play, but were still registered at other clubs. The numbers this year have been the best for at least 6 or 7 years, so in the context of this year it was really just a bad week. The game we forfeited a few years ago against you blokes, we'd been fielding 16-18 players most of the year, with at least 4 thirds kids helping out (not to mention regularly getting pumped by 100 + points). This year been mostly competitive in the 2's, and have even had weeks where superstars like myself couldn't get a game!
The lack of juniors is obviously a big problem, and the on field results have been very disappointing, but the club is in a much better spot now than 3 years ago, in my opinion.

I'm not sure what Alex said, but i'll throw in my opinion regardless. Over the weekend, we had 30 players from both grades unavailable to play, and still managed to name 13 people in the 2's. Had the game been a week earlier, we would have been fine, as a few of the boys got some mates who were keen to play, but were still registered at other clubs. The numbers this year have been the best for at least 6 or 7 years, so in the context of this year it was really just a bad week. The game we forfeited a few years ago against you blokes, we'd been fielding 16-18 players most of the year, with at least 4 thirds kids helping out (not to mention regularly getting pumped by 100 + points). This year been mostly competitive in the 2's, and have even had weeks where superstars like myself couldn't get a game!
The lack of juniors is obviously a big problem, and the on field results have been very disappointing, but the club is in a much better spot now than 3 years ago, in my opinion.
Out of interest there Steele on the point of having no junior footy. How does the club see itself going forward without junior sides? I’ve seen the ramifications of no juniors has had on the Upper Murray competition and I see Mitta as being similar geographically and relying on a diminishing farming community.

Optimistic.

"We have also got a stack of kids playing under-12s at the moment and I'm confident the club will have fourths next season."

Out of interest there Steele on the point of having no junior footy. How does the club see itself going forward without junior sides? I’ve seen the ramifications of no juniors has had on the Upper Murray competition and I see Mitta as being similar geographically and relying on a diminishing farming community.
I'm not sure what the long term plan is. It's undeniable there is less people though. When I grew up there in the 90's I think both primary schools had 100 between them. I think it's about a third of that now, and we even struggled for teams back then. I think at the moment the under 12's have about 30 kids, so there should definitley be fourths soon. Encouraging former players to bring their kids up is probably the way to go.

It’s time to scrap Mitta and Wodonga Saints; Mitta will die a slow painful death (like the Upper Murray league) and Wodonga Saints are already dead. Sick of seeing huge lopsided results when ever someone plays the Saints; the clubs got a horrendous reputation and no future prospects.

It’s time to scrap Mitta and Wodonga Saints; Mitta will die a slow painful death (like the Upper Murray league) and Wodonga Saints are already dead. Sick of seeing huge lopsided results when ever someone plays the Saints; the clubs got a horrendous reputation and no future prospects.

Can't understand why you've chucked Mitta in there. Made finals 3 of last 5 seasons including finishing on top in 2016. Score wise they have been in most games until half time even until 3/4 time in some. Coach will only get better and I'm certain he'll have some good recruits next year to top them up.

Can't understand why you've chucked Mitta in there. Made finals 3 of last 5 seasons including finishing on top in 2016. Score wise they have been in most games until half time even until 3/4 time in some. Coach will only get better and I'm certain he'll have some good recruits next year to top them up.
I think Craig Lieschke, Drew Cameron and Danny Stewart are 3 of their best players who have been injured the whole time too.

I think Craig Lieschke, Drew Cameron and Danny Stewart are 3 of their best players who have been injured the whole time too.
Add Josh Lieschke to that list too. which would be 4 of the top 8 players. Makes a huge difference. Heagney has only played 7 games and throwing himself everywhere to cover injuries. Would be huge at CHB with a full squad in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back