2021 SBFFL Matchday Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The home and away portion of the league is now complete. Congratulations again to St Kilda Death on the minor premiership. I have now locked the four non-competing teams out of the waiver wire for the duration of finals, and as each team is eliminated they also lose access to the player pool.

EMU FC and JONZI FC both get the week off after a terrific run of form in the second half of the season saw them storm home to occupy the top two rungs on the premiership ladder.

In the 1st Elimination Final an underperforming CANONEYES FC (projected 1909) will head in as underdogs against a powerful BROWNLOW BEACH WRACK lineup (projected 2047). Rory Laird is set to lead the BBW out and he will be expecting a lift from team fellow leaders Dangerfield & Hawkins who were both relatively quiet last week. CanonEyes on the other hand has handed the captaincy to the emerging Sam Walsh and is hoping that Lance Franklin can set himself for a big day out against an undermanned St Kilda defence.

in the 2nd Elimination Final FLAMING PHOENIX (projected 1983) also finds itself in the underdog position against OLMA FC (projected 2152) despite their higher ladder finish. OLMA FC captain Clayton Oliver is in a rich vein of form and leading a star studded outfit that includes Touk Miller, Andrew Brayshaw, Darcy Parish and the evergreen David Mundy. PHOENIX will be hoping that Grundy can lift his numbers this week in a bid to deprive their highly fancied opponents in the middle.

Good luck to all four coaches vying for a preliminary final finish. I will post the scores from each match at the end of each match day for those who are interested.

Is that the norm - that non finalists get locked out of the waiver wire? If so shouldn’t it be next week, as the waiver that goes off tomorrow pertains to teams that played this past weekend.....I know I’ve put a claim in over the weekend during the round.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is that the norm - that non finalists get locked out of the waiver wire? If so shouldn’t it be next week, as the waiver that goes off tomorrow pertains to teams that played this past weekend.....I know I’ve put a claim in over the weekend during the round.

Actually it’s never been done before and I’m happy to change it. The thinking is that it prevents non finalists from beginning the process of list management…but technically speaking there is probably no restriction on finalists from doing the same

What does the group think?

To me the waiver wire should be open to all, that’s why we have a waiver priority list. Blocking non finalists actually disadvantages us. Generally it’s only fringe players that are dropped and added, so why restrict it ?

In other words, why block lower teams from trying to improve their squad ?

Yeah open it up to all. Very slim chance that the guys outside finals are going to snipe some guy that is going to decide a finals matchup.

To me the waiver wire should be open to all, that’s why we have a waiver priority list. Blocking non finalists actually disadvantages us. Generally it’s only fringe players that are dropped and added, so why restrict it ?

In other words, why block lower teams from trying to improve their squad ?

Yep open it up to all I say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I'm running with this weekend barring any selection surprises. Tom Lynch being benched again, as is tradition put money on him for 6 goals.
Good luck Phoenix_9

Captain: Clayton Oliver
VC: Touk Miller

B: H. Young (94), C. Ballard (86), N. Vlastuin (123)
HB: D. Rich (122), S. May (105), J. Howe (75)
C: D. Mundy (74), C. Oliver (196), T. Miller (155)
HF: Z. Fisher (40), A. Naughton (71), W. Snelling (79)
F: S. Higgins (78), P. Ladhams (64), L. Hunter (88)
R: T. Goldstein (115), D. Parish (96), A. Brayshaw (93)
I: B. Smith (72), S. Draper (109), J. Anderson (78), B. Crouch (72)

Emergencies:
B: Jake Kelly
M: N. Blakey
R: -
F: T. Lynch
I: T. Phillips

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Benching Aliir over Roughead could be telling 😬
I think you have still got the edge at this point! I'm just happy to get to Sunday and I'm still in it!
1628342120784.png

Traded out keays ave 80
Averaging 100 this year

traded out Libba after a couple of quiet years, ave 105

traded out perryman at an ave of 75 he’s gone 90+ the last 2 years.

Delisted fiorini after holding him for 4 years. Averaging 115 atm.

delisted drew, aving a nice 88 and improving.

You’re welcome guys!

but I said no to those offers on worpel and setterfield because I know talent when i see it!

oh and I gave jonzi Jayden short too!
How the hell I finish on top the ladder is some mr. magoo s**t with this list management 😂

Yeah no fat lady yet.
Presume you get 53 from edwards to replace Kelly?
That has you about 460 down with 6 to play vs Sheed.
I prefer my position, but I’m nervous.
Josh Kelly was the late out, I'm pretty sure that Tim Kelly is still on for today. Ed Richards 31 has already been taken up for Jelly. The fat lady has been bellowing at my place mate, it will take something pretty special to get close from here, and I don't think the Perth weather will be conducive to bug scores.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back