13. Wilmott
14. Hobbs
15. Andrew
16. Windhager
17. Erasmus
18. Motlop
19. Ward
20. McDonald

Early attempt and you could probably throw a blanket over that last 10 at this point.

1. Daicos
2. Horne Francis
3. Amiss
4. Rachele
5. Owens
6. Callaghan
7. Darcy
8. Soligo
9. Wanganeen Milera
10. Van Rooyen
11. Gibcus
12. Johnson
13. Wilmott
14. Hobbs
15. Andrew
16. Windhager
17. Erasmus
18. Motlop
19. Ward
20. McDonald

Early attempt and you could probably throw a blanket over that last 10 at this point.

Have to rate on present what they have produced.

At present Van Rooyen has produced more than an injured Darcy. As their careers go on, this may change.

This looks like an absolute cracker of a draft.

From Geelong's perspective thankfully Knevitt has really stepped up in the last month. There was some scepticism when he was picked on our board but he looks a really interesting player.

Ollie Dempsey is still very raw but has serious talent. I doubt Cooper Whyte will make it. Apart from that Conway, Willis and Kroeger have barely got on the ground due to injury. Hopefully they at least get a clean run at it.

1. Daicos
2. Horne Francis
3. Amiss
4. Rachele
5. Owens
6. Callaghan
7. Darcy
8. Soligo
9. Wanganeen Milera
10. Van Rooyen
11. Gibcus
12. Johnson
13. Wilmott
14. Hobbs
15. Andrew
16. Windhager
17. Erasmus
18. Motlop
19. Ward
20. McDonald

I think there is a fremantle lens on this list, all the Freo guys are much higher than where I think most would have them.

From a Giants perspective, very happy with how Callaghan is coming along, on the weekend his first go in the middle, he looked really good.

I think there is a fremantle lens on this list, all the Freo guys are much higher than where I think most would have them.

From a Giants perspective, very happy with how Callaghan is coming along, on the weekend his first go in the middle, he looked really good.
I'd agree on Johnson and Erasmus (though I think Johnson is going to be special) but Amiss should be rated as highly as any young KPF going around given the start to his career.

I'd agree on Johnson and Erasmus (though I think Johnson is going to be special) but Amiss should be rated as highly as any young KPF going around given the start to his career.
I think they are all good. But most non-freo fans would have all of them lower.
Everyone watches their own guys more, so its natural to have them a higher.

I think they are all good. But most non-freo fans would have all of them lower.
Everyone watches their own guys more, so its natural to have them a higher.
That's my point though, should Amiss be lower or is it non-Freo supporters that would be wrong? He's a 19 year old KPF on track to kick 40 goals in his second season. If he does that, only Hogan and Cameron performed better, this early.

Callaghan will be better than Rachele by the end of the season imo, he is just getting better and better by the week, developing nicely under Kingsley

That's my point though, should Amiss be lower or is it non-Freo supporters that would be wrong? He's a 19 year old KPF on track to kick 40 goals in his second season. If he does that, only Hogan and Cameron performed better, this early.
That's why I said through a Freo lens, not necessarily wrong, you guys might just be early to the party, hard to say.

On Taylor, a lot of Giants fans were wrapped and talking him up early and had him ranked far higher than most early and I think we have sort of been proven right. It also goes the other way where we are blinded by optimism and/or missing what others are doing elsewhere.

Another outstanding performance from Mitchito Owens last night.

Have to put him now 3rd after Daicos and JH-F, but geex, it's a very strong and deep top 5-10.
Call me biased but I’d have him at 2.

Possibly our most important player at the moment and having massive impacts on games.

It’s looking like a great draft though.

Call me biased but I’d have him at 2.

Possibly our most important player at the moment and having massive impacts on games.

It’s looking like a great draft though.

I can accept having Owens at number 2, although I still think JH-F being a major part of the surging Port Adelaide on a club winning historical win streak probably (just) ahead of Mitchito, but boy the way he has been playing, he could possibly be number 1 in 18 months time (I also feel that way about Finn Callaghan)

Most exciting young player the Saints have had since a rookie BJ Goddard I dare say.

He is a ripper.

You are right, this does look like a bloody good super draft.

I could make a solid case for wanting any of the top 5 (including Jye Amiss) at Carlton or any other club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can accept having Owens at number 2, although I still think JH-F being a major part of the surging Port Adelaide on a club winning historical win streak probably (just) ahead of Mitchito, but boy the way he has been playing, he could possibly be number 1 in 18 months time (I also feel that way about Finn Callaghan)

Most exciting young player the Saints have had since a rookie BJ Goddard I dare say.

He is a ripper.

You are right, this does look like a bloody good super draft.

I could make a solid case for wanting any of the top 5 (including Jye Amiss) at Carlton or any other club.

I love Flamin' Hot Chito, but don't see how he can surpass Daicos at this stage. Extremely high bar set.

Would happily take him as 2nd behind Nick, though, given the quality of this draft.

I love Flamin' Hot Chito, but don't see how he can surpass Daicos at this stage. Extremely high bar set.

Would happily take him as 2nd behind Nick, though, given the quality of this draft.
Then there's the absolute insanity that is Daicos cost picks 38, 40, 42 and 44, Owens cost 48 and 54.

1. Daicos
2. Horne Francis
3. Amiss
4. Rachele
5. Owens
6. Callaghan
7. Darcy
8. Soligo
9. Wanganeen Milera
10. Van Rooyen
11. Gibcus
12. Johnson
13. Wilmott
14. Hobbs
15. Andrew
16. Windhager
17. Erasmus
18. Motlop
19. Ward
20. McDonald

Is number 20, Connor McDonald? if so that kid is going to be something special. just a feeling atm but bookmark him as a top 10.

1. Daicos
2. Horne Francis
3. Amiss
4. Rachele
5. Owens
6. Callaghan
7. Darcy
8. Soligo
9. Wanganeen Milera
10. Van Rooyen
11. Gibcus
12. Johnson
13. Wilmott
14. Hobbs
15. Andrew
16. Windhager
17. Erasmus
18. Motlop
19. Ward
20. McDonald

I'd probably have Wanganeen-Milera and Van Rooyan above Darcy and Soligo at this point. Could see Darcy exploding in like a year or two tho,

Amiss another 4 goals today
14th on goal kickers
Only 19 and has kicked the most goals of any key forward under 24
Second most, Ben King has more. He's kicked the most goals of any key forward under 22 (but then that's not a big club).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back