Opinion 2021 Player X v Y v Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Figured we should get this one rolling since pre-season games aren't too far away! (thank god)

I'm struggling with this one at the moment:

Walsh (110) + Caldwell (80) + Cumming (60-80) = 250 - 270

verse

Powell (60-70) + Heeney (85) + Laird (110) = 255 - 265

2 keepers in the latter option has me swinging that way, but it's one less rookie on the field in the first option and Caldwell has the scope to become a keeper if he gets that inside mid role at the Bombers

Figured we should get this one rolling since pre-season games aren't too far away! (thank god)

I'm struggling with this one at the moment:

Walsh (110) + Caldwell (80) + Cumming (60-80) = 250 - 270

verse

Powell (60-70) + Heeney (85) + Laird (110) = 255 - 265

2 keepers in the latter option has me swinging that way, but it's one less rookie on the field in the first option and Caldwell has the scope to become a keeper if he gets that inside mid role at the Bombers
B.

I'm not convinced on Caldwell or Isaac.

Witherden and Jezz Cameron
Or
milera and Marshall

Not too worried about Cameron’s hammy seeing as he’s already running and plenty of time for rnd 1 to be fully fit
I’d go option 2 as you get a top 6 forward and Milera should bulk coin if his body holds up

I’d go option 2 as you get a top 6 forward and Milera should bulk coin if his body holds up
Same, if Witho had a definite position and played 22 games id be keen

Ok I got one (or three):

Serong + Caldwell + $30k
OR
Prestia + J.Cameron + $30k
OR
Walsh + Daniher
Last for me,

Strong could have second year blues and Caldwell has never had a fantasy game handball happy. Could change

Prestia could get back to 100 plus and J Cameron got injured recently

Last for me,

Strong could have second year blues and Caldwell has never had a fantasy game handball happy. Could change

Prestia could get back to 100 plus and J Cameron got injured recently
Cheers mate! Will be interesting to see if Zilliams is a help or hindrance to Walsh. Hopefully the former.

I've got the same question marks on Serong, Caldwell and Cameron as you do. Now just gotta see if I can afford that $30k extra...

Cheers mate! Will be interesting to see if Zilliams is a help or hindrance to Walsh. Hopefully the former.

I've got the same question marks on Serong, Caldwell and Cameron as you do. Now just gotta see if I can afford that $30k extra...
Daniher is always an injury risk too, but Walsh will be good.

I'd go the last one too, but have a plan if/when Daniher gets injured.

Dunkley + Cogs
Or
M Crouch + Greene
Second, just

Dunkley lord knows with Bevo if he is a mid easy that one

If crouch plays like he finished the season and Greene doesn't do anything stupid that this one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going around in circles looking at the following
Walsh, Serong, dunkley
Vs
Treloar, j. Kelly, caldwell

I feel that the first option has potential and i really want those guys, but option 2 seems more likely.

Thoughts?

I'm going around in circles looking at the following
Walsh, Serong, dunkley
Vs
Treloar, j. Kelly, caldwell

I feel that the first option has potential and i really want those guys, but option 2 seems more likely.

Thoughts?
we don't no treloars role, Caldwell could be anything, Kelly will get injured at one stage

Walsh could go 120 this year, does Cerra take Serongs minutes and what's dunkleys roll

we don't no treloars role, Caldwell could be anything, Kelly will get injured at one stage

Walsh could go 120 this year, does Cerra take Serongs minutes and what's dunkleys roll
I see what you're saying but Walsh is also as big a question mark as the rest of them imo. There's no guarantee he goes into the fantasy friendly inside mid role with a fit Cripps and Williams also in there. Treloars role is likely to stay the same as he's the least flexible of the bulldogs mids. Kelly is a risk but no more so than any of those 800k mids. You Caldwell is a risk, but that's why he's 500k. Cerra doesn't just take Serongs minutes. He was already running through the midfield. If anything, he takes Fyfe and Walters minutes. Dunkley probably can't score worse than last year even in a poor role. This is the conundrum. You could raise a good argument against any of the premo mids and fwds tbh.

I see what you're saying but Walsh is also as big a question mark as the rest of them imo. There's no guarantee he goes into the fantasy friendly inside mid role with a fit Cripps and Williams also in there. Treloars role is likely to stay the same as he's the least flexible of the bulldogs mids. Kelly is a risk but no more so than any of those 800k mids. You Caldwell is a risk, but that's why he's 500k. Cerra doesn't just take Serongs minutes. He was already running through the midfield. If anything, he takes Fyfe and Walters minutes. Dunkley probably can't score worse than last year even in a poor role. This is the conundrum. You could raise a good argument against any of the premo mids and fwds tbh.
Wouldn't mind hearing FlowersByIrene thoughts on the Blues mids. Surely Setterfield is ahead of Walsh on that inside role as well. Or does Williams play more outside?

Wouldn't mind hearing FlowersByIrene thoughts on the Blues mids. Surely Setterfield is ahead of Walsh on that inside role as well. Or does Williams play more outside?
Key will be seeing them all play together in the pre-season. One thing we know for certian though - Cripps plays primarily major inside midfield role. Other things we can safely assume - Williams and Walsh will play through the midfield in the hybrid (in and out) style position, likely starting a lot of centre bounces but also occassionally starting on a wing. Setterfield and Curnow to round out the rotations with minor appearances from Martin, SPS, Murphy, Cuningham, Fisher etc.

Walsh is too good not keep getting better. He doesn't need an inside role to score well as his tank allows him to spread from the contest and pick-up +6's. His best games in his first year were in exclusively an outside role where he peeled off contests and spread. He can do that as well as earn the ball inside. I currently have Walsh in the side but am questionining whether to try and go more aggresive and pick up Setterfield at a lower price point instead.

Blues mids will surprise this season. Expect a drop from Curnow but Cripps, Walsh, Setterfield and Williams should all average 90+, with some expected to average a fair bit more.

I'm struggling with this one.

1. Grundy/ROB + Hately

or

2. Draper/Nank/Preuss + any mid premium

My calcs are;
1. 115 + 85 = 200
2. 85 + 115 = 200

So I can't split them and both options make money. The only thing I can see that would sway me is the potential for another captain option in option 2. But arguably Grundy/ROB are also captain options

Remove this Banner Ad

Back