2021/2022 NHL season

Remove this Banner Ad

What in the actual heck are Florida doing? Surely Huberdeau one-for-one would have got it done. Then they could trade Weegar to Ottawa and keep the rest of their assets.

Tkachuk said he wouldn't sign, Flames had literally no bargaining power.

Holy s**t. What's Nylander worth then?

What in the actual * are Florida doing? Surely Huberdeau one-for-one would have got it done. Then they could trade Weegar to Ottawa and keep the rest of their assets.

Tkachuk said he wouldn't sign, Flames had literally no bargaining power.

Holy s**t. What's Nylander worth then?

Florida must think Huberdeau is/was likely to move elsewhere after his contract ends (2023)
Same scenario with Weegar (2023)
That’s the only way it makes sense.

Florida must think Huberdeau is/was likely to move elsewhere after his contract ends (2023)
Same scenario with Weegar (2023)
That’s the only way it makes sense.
If Calgary cant keep Hub they can flip him for a kings ransom to a team looking to bolster for a run in the playoffs.

Struggling to see how this is a bad deal for Calgary at all its win win win

If Calgary cant keep Hub they can flip him for a kings ransom to a team looking to bolster for a run in the playoffs.

Yep, the trade doesn't make much sense from Zito's end.
Their weakest area is their back end and now they are basically replacing Weegar (their 2nd best d-man) with Marc Staal.

The downside is if they are a playoff team, keep Huberdeau for the run, then he walks. Same with Weegar, although I expect he or another D will be dealt before the season begins.

Which is why they've got the prospect and the pick, so at least they have something if Hubie-dubie-doo walks after a season.

I like Bjorkstrand to Seattle. Think he’ll be good for them.
I'm assuming the thought pattern is McCann and Gourde will keep the heat off Beniers and Wright down the middle. The Laine deal is interesting at the BJs, I wonder if it means Nyquist is out the door.

The downside is if they are a playoff team, keep Huberdeau for the run, then he walks. Same with Weegar, although I expect he or another D will be dealt before the season begins.

Which is why they've got the prospect and the pick, so at least they have something if Hubie-dubie-doo walks after a season.
Supposedly Hub goes to Calgary during his summer, but we'll see what happens. I wonder if Hanifin might get dealt. Weegar would be our best D

Florida probably not wanting a bar of the UFA contract Huberdeau will get. Almost like Flordia are intentionally taking a step back next season and so letting their top two UFAs go in return for a someone they can have for years while the Flames are more than happy to have a crack. Just quickly looking at CapFriendly, they have the space to make one move for a forward too. (I'm happy to broker a deal if they want more Canucks players)

as long as they're stuck with that horrid Bobrovsky deal Florida is always in a weird spot

Last edited:

I think its kind of a dick move as a player if you go past the deadline and havent told the team of your intention to re-sign or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The former Panthers GM is more deserving of a doco dedicated to their terrible work.....

I'm not sure it's fair to group all the moves together. Chiarot and Giroux were win now moves (Chiarot being a poor target) which ended in failure while this move is very clearly around the future. It's 12 months of Huberdeau and Weegar and (they're hoping a late) first round pick vs 8 years of Tkachuk.

I think its kind of a dick move as a player if you go past the deadline and havent told the team of your intention to re-sign or not.
I was more suggesting that Calgary will make the playoffs and not trade Huberdeau before the deadline regardless.

Look at the Gaudreau situation, you may not have made your mind up at that point.

Big dub for the Flames after the Tkachuk debacle good for them

I'm still expecting a D (maybe Hanifin) to be moved out for top 6 help. Currently have 10 D on one way contracts. Hanifin, Andersson, Tanev, Weegar, Kylington, Zadorov, Mackey, Valimaki and 2 more free agency signings (although more likely to be sent to AHL)

Devante Smith-Pelly has announced his retirement today.
Likely to go full-time in the media and continue his fine philanthropy. :thumbsu:
Not only that
Chara, P.K.Subban, and Yandle also retiring.

Chara signing a 1 day contract to end his career as a Bruin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back