Competitions 2020 GWS Goalkicking Knockout Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

All good mate, youve been here since day dot
Prompted me to go back and look at the first year of the forum. About half a dozen of us were regulars, wonder where they all are now. Brave New World was the only one I recognised as still posting on here occasionally.

Prompted me to go back and look at the first year of the forum. About half a dozen of us were regulars, wonder where they all are now. Brave New World was the only one I recognised as still posting on here occasionally.
Some probably were alts. Others didnt get past the whole trolling on the main board that we copped (and sometimes still do) so left for the Facebook fan page. I know one is perma-banned no matter what.

OK, last 5 rounds coming up. Despite a couple of poor games, and looking like we would repeat the last two years where this comp ended abruptly, we're still going.

So, I'm going to set in place some rules for countback if it's required.

We'll continue with nominating the primary & secondary players, ability to change them game-to-game, and a reserve being named. Reminder that the reserve only gets swung into the comp in the event of a player suspended or injured before the game, not for being dropped.

From the last game we play (i.e. round 18 if we don't make finals), if there's still 2 or 3 competitors in the comp, countback will decide a winner based on:
  • Primary player kicking a goal. (So, if there's 3 still in, and one has his primary player not kick a goal in round 18, he's out. If one of the remaining two players has his primary player not kick a goal in round 17, then he's out, and the competitor who's primary player kicked a goal in both the last round is the winner. I''ll work through all those options back to round 14 to determine a winner; if nothing can separate the players then ...)
  • Secondary player kicking a goal. (We'll work from round 18 backwards on whose secondary player kicks a goal to determine a winner. If still can't pick a winner then ...)
  • Earliest goalkicker primary/secondary. (Starting in round 18 & working backwards, whichever competitor's player kicks the goal earlier in the match will win. Starting with primary, but using secondary players if required. I can't see how that cannot produce a winner!)
(Now watch after stating those rules, we'll end up with a winner outright today! o_O )

So, competitors still in the running:

Callums_Gun: Cameron, Himmelberg Res: Coniglio

GWS Goose: Greene, Coniglio Res: Finlayson

Giant Gutsache: Greene, Kelly Res: Hopper

Good luck to the final 3! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, final siren and ...

Callums_Gun: Cameron, Himmelberg Res: Coniglio :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

GWS Goose: Greene, Coniglio Res: Finlayson :thumbsu: :thumbsdown:

Giant Gutsache: Finlayson, Greene Res: Hopper :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Sorry, Callums_Guns - you're out unfortunately, and we're down to 2: GWS Goose and Giant Gutsache. Good luck for the next few weeks guys.

And BTW, Finlayson continues his run of kicking a goal every game (that he plays).

We were down to 2 this round, and then this happened ...

GOALS - GWS Giants: Finlayson 2, Hill, Caldwell, Jacobs, Cameron, Shaw ... so, when we look at our final competitors:

GWS Goose: Greene, Coniglio Res: Finlayson :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Giant Gutsache: Finlayson, Greene Res: Hopper :thumbsu: :thumbsdown:

... we have a winner! Congratulations Giant Gutsache our goalkicking knockout comp winner for 2020!!

(And the longest we're lasted in the few years we've been running it.)

We were down to 2 this round, and then this happened ...

GOALS - GWS Giants: Finlayson 2, Hill, Caldwell, Jacobs, Cameron, Shaw ... so, when we look at our final competitors:

GWS Goose: Greene, Coniglio Res: Finlayson :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Giant Gutsache: Finlayson, Greene Res: Hopper :thumbsu: :thumbsdown:

... we have a winner! Congratulations Giant Gutsache our goalkicking knockout comp winner for 2020!!

(And the longest we're lasted in the few years we've been running it.)

As excited as I am, there will be no champagne shower tonight. A little smile on a disappointing evening.

Thanks for taking the time to run the competition. Would have been great if we’d run on into late October with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back