Universal Love 2019 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Tiger currently have flights to Melbourne grandfinal weekend eg Friday morning till sunday morning at $68 each way

Has anyone bought flights to the grandfinal before round 1 before and is that so cheap that it's worth biting the bullet?

Book it regardless. It's a great atmosphere around all weekend irrespective of who is playing.
Tiger currently have flights to Melbourne grandfinal weekend eg Friday morning till sunday morning at $68 each way

Has anyone bought flights to the grandfinal before round 1 before and is that so cheap that it's worth biting the bullet?

our travel agent told us, if you are flying somewhere and have to be there same day or before a certain time, dont fly tiger or jetstar, no guarantee you will be there on time

our travel agent told us, if you are flying somewhere and have to be there same day or before a certain time, dont fly tiger or jetstar, no guarantee you will be there on time

I get that with Tiger as they predominantly only have daily flights somewhere, but don't really get that with Jetstar who still have a decent frequency on major routes.

Also, flying to get somewhere same day will always be risky no matter who you're flying with. You get a foggy morning, or a severe thunderstorm (the sort Sydney seem to get weekly these days), and you're going to be in for delays no matter who you're with.

I get that with Tiger as they predominantly only have daily flights somewhere, but don't really get that with Jetstar who still have a decent frequency on major routes.

Also, flying to get somewhere same day will always be risky no matter who you're flying with. You get a foggy morning, or a severe thunderstorm (the sort Sydney seem to get weekly these days), and you're going to be in for delays no matter who you're with.

i thought it was strange when she said jetstar, but we dont fly with them anyway after having a bad flight with them, that's true with weather or mechanical issues

i thought it was strange when she said jetstar, but we dont fly with them anyway after having a bad flight with them, that's true with weather or mechanical issues

I'm pretty much the same with Virgin - numerous below average flights with them, so I pretty much will only use them now when redeeming points (and using them out of Sydney is just a flat no after my last experience with their bag drop area).

I'm pretty much the same with Virgin - numerous below average flights with them, so I pretty much will only use them now when redeeming points (and using them out of Sydney is just a flat no after my last experience with their bag drop area).

we flew Jetstar back from Melbourne, plane was delayed and then they announced just before we landed, half of you will have your luggage in Adelaide, half of you, your luggage will be in Melbourne still, haven't flown them since.

I don't know about Tiger but Jetstar will merge flights whenever they can so if they have two flights half filled the first flight will be canceled and everyone put on the second fight. So you're flight can end up changing from morning to night and you only find out on the day. It's a bit more complicated than just having 2 flights half sold because they have the planes and where they are needed next to worry about but it still happens regularly. Virgin don't merge flights though.

we flew Jetstar back from Melbourne, plane was delayed and then they announced just before we landed, half of you will have your luggage in Adelaide, half of you, your luggage will be in Melbourne still, haven't flown them since.
That would have been a weight issue.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don't know about Tiger but Jetstar will merge flights whenever they can so if they have two flights half filled the first flight will be canceled and everyone put on the second fight. So you're flight can end up changing from morning to night and you only find out on the day. It's a bit more complicated than just having 2 flights half sold because they have the planes and where they are needed next to worry about but it still happens regularly. Virgin don't merge flights though.

Tiger would only have that option for Melbourne flights. Their Adelaide-Sydney and Adelaide-Brisbane flights are daily.

Virgin do merge flights, especially on high frequency routes such as Melbourne-Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did this with Jetstar flights in 2017 around round 6. Its hell of a ride. Big grin when we won that prelim.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I did this with Jetstar flights in 2017 around round 6. Its hell of a ride. Big grin when we won that prelim.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wasn't for the Grand Final, but I did similar for the 2016 semi final in Sydney. Once we knew we'd be guaranteed a Sydney final if we won our EF, and it would almost certainly be a Saturday night final, we booked flights. Ended up being significantly cheaper than had we waited until after we'd won the match.

Had we somehow had lost to North in that final, it would've been a weekend in Sydney anyway, so we viewed it as win-win.

Only 'mistake' we made was we assumed Sydney would win the QF, so we booked accommodation by Olympic Park.

Looks like the Wait List to get reserved seats just opened up. I put my name down 2 years ago to get the empty seat at the end of my row. Just opened up the virtual stadium but it's not available... A group of 3 available in section 523 riverbank stand... Anyone after reserved seats...?

Looks like the Wait List to get reserved seats just opened up. I put my name down 2 years ago to get the empty seat at the end of my row. Just opened up the virtual stadium but it's not available... A group of 3 available in section 523 riverbank stand... Anyone after reserved seats...?

yea we are on the wait list, been a year, so not thinking anything for this year

I just got the email to upgrade. I'd only been on the waiting list for 2 years.

Was able to find 2 seats together, so tee'd up with a mate to grab them, but weren't many 'multiples' available, mainly only individual seats left now.

I put 2 seats back into the system this year... we have seats for 3 seasons and probably used them 5 times. The Hill is must better, as our group is bigger than the 2 seats we had.

So hope someone is enjoying them for this season :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back