2019-2020 NHL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Really important for Dallas to start well and get an early win.

Tampa will deservidly be favs, but the rest factor is on the Stars side, should have better legs.

Dallas gets 4 off days after their series while Tampa only get 1...Tampas last two games also went deep into OT so have played tge equivalent of 3 games in the last 3 days.

Dallas need a fast game 1

Really important for Dallas to start well and get an early win.

Tampa will deservidly be favs, but the rest factor is on the Stars side, should have better legs.

Dallas gets 4 off days after their series while Tampa only get 1...Tampas last two games also went deep into OT so have played tge equivalent of 3 games in the last 3 days.

Dallas need a fast game 1

Agreed. However the rest could be a blessing and a curse. The Stars had a longer rest but they would need to get on top and grind the Bolts into dust in the first two games of the series.

See you on the Ice catters. Hopefully the series lives up to expectations.

Go Bolts
Go Stars

Agreed. However the rest could be a blessing and a curse. The Stars had a longer rest but they would need to get on top and grind the Bolts into dust in the first two games of the series.

See you on the Ice catters. Hopefully the series lives up to expectations.

Go Bolts
Go Stars

Definitely could be a blessing or a curse.

Someone posted that the better rested team has lost ever Cup final since 2012. So Dallas will need to flip that

Hoping its a different type of rest fatigue for Tampa and they start slow.

Dallas played strong 1st 2 periods and owned play (could have been up by more)

Tampa threw the kitchen sink in the 3rd but stars lean on Khudobin. Big shot count but only 3 shots registered below the dots, everything else was from a reasonable distance.

Tampas only goal was a pin ball that right turned in from Hintz skate.

Very confident after that.

Poor second period really hurt Dallas. They were more than competitive in the first and so far in the third. Struggling to capitalise while dominant.

All about Game 4 now for Dallas. Simply have to win it. Biggest game for the franchise in 20 years.

Win and make the series 2-2 and anything can happen.

Lose, its probably Tampa in 5.

(Side note, game 4 and 5 are a back2back).

Praying Faksa can come back. Tampas top line is feeling it, hes the one who can slow them down

Today was Stamkos in a nutshell. Terrifically talented player betrayed by his body. I hope all it was was precautionary, and he can return in Game 4 if not then 5.

For the Stars though it probably wasn't their night though, especially Khudobbin, who was pulled and replaced by Otteinger. Dallas has their backs to wall however teams in Dallas have been known to come back, see the Cowboys over the Falcons in the NFL, so who knows.

Hedman needs just 2 more goals to tie the record for the most single-season playoff goals by a defence-man, though I think that doesn't bother him so much as winning the Stanley Cup.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today was Stamkos in a nutshell. Terrifically talented player betrayed by his body. I hope all it was was precautionary, and he can return in Game 4 if not then 5.

For the Stars though it probably wasn't their night though, especially Khudobbin, who was pulled and replaced by Otteinger. Dallas has their backs to wall however teams in Dallas have been known to come back, see the Cowboys over the Falcons in the NFL, so who knows.

Hedman needs just 2 more goals to tie the record for the most single-season playoff goals by a defence-man, though I think that doesn't bother him so much as winning the Stanley Cup.
Did Stamkos not come back after leaving late in the first period? I had the game on mute because I was working throughout it, though I did catch that he left the game by popping into Twitter here and there.

Did Stamkos not come back after leaving late in the first period? I had the game on mute because I was working throughout it, though I did catch that he left the game by popping into Twitter here and there.

He didnt have a shift after the 1st period...but as Tampa got a 3-1 lead 1 min into 2nd and then were quickly up 4 and 5 to 1 they obviously had the opp to not use him, so possibly being precautionary when game was safe

The otherway to look at that though is he still isnt healthy to play more than 5 to 8 mins.

Hard to tell if he will be healthy enough to keep playing

That didn’t last long. Stars had a 2-0 lead with only a couple of minutes remaining in the first then I got sidetracked at work and next thing I see it’s 2-2 early in the second

NHL media and officiating summed up in three consecutive tweets:

1c19092e7885267d6166ac397a4c0d04.jpg

Would have loved to see it not decided in that power play after a call that was bound to cause discussion. But not to be.

Ill keep my views away from the penalty call on Benn in overtime as im biased and that loss stings. (the call by the ref was a trip and he took out Johnsons skates the ref told Benn).

Bottom line is Dallas had to get good goal tending or better in the series. But unfortunately its been below average. Both the 4th and 5th tampa goals should have been stopped.

Dallas has scored 4,2,2,4 goals in each game of the series. If you get good goal tending in most series youd at least be tied.

Devo about that loss as it probably sinks us.

Ill cheer hard tomorrow, but that one stings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back