2018 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it's true I haven't been a fan since some run ins in the early 2000s, but this wasn't a pot shot, just a genuine question regarding something I heard

Let it go buddy, that sort of negativity can eat you up from inside.

Corowa Cluster Carnage. Tough day at the office for the Corowa Cluster ( Wahgunyah, CDHBU, Corowa/ Rutherglen).
The total for scores =425
Total against = 1104.
24 players doubled up
3 teams were 16 players or less
1 fifty year old player.
The two highest paid players don’t train.
Corowa got the biggest hiding, but expected against the highly fancied Albury.
Wahgunyah won the 4ths and got smashed in the rest, Yackandandah seniors 4th last won by68 points.
CDHBU has the lest carnage, but the worst loss. Kicking only 5 goals to lose to the bottom placed billabong Crows. One 12 year old patron said the game was as exciting as watching dog s**t dry on the front lawn!!
CDHBU reserves had an excellent win, thrashing the crows by 20 goals. (Who has won 5 games in 7 years). They were lead by the evergreen Dean Fitzgerald who kicked one.
Of the 24 that backed up most we’re kids that got smacked in the thirds then again in the seconds, except for the 3 at CDHBU that got there 1st win of the year.( and got to play with Fitzy).
All is not lost though as we all have players coming home from overseas, just in time to get the last couple of matches to clear the credit card!!
On a brighter note I believe that the Carlton rebuild has began with a mouth watering display against the in form Suns.
2020 Premiers Blues.

Corowa Cluster Carnage. Tough day at the office for the Corowa Cluster ( Wahgunyah, CDHBU, Corowa/ Rutherglen).
The total for scores =425
Total against = 1104.
24 players doubled up
3 teams were 16 players or less
1 fifty year old player.
The two highest paid players don’t train.
Corowa got the biggest hiding, but expected against the highly fancied Albury.
Wahgunyah won the 4ths and got smashed in the rest, Yackandandah seniors 4th last won by68 points.
CDHBU has the lest carnage, but the worst loss. Kicking only 5 goals to lose to the bottom placed billabong Crows. One 12 year old patron said the game was as exciting as watching dog s**t dry on the front lawn!!
CDHBU reserves had an excellent win, thrashing the crows by 20 goals. (Who has won 5 games in 7 years). They were lead by the evergreen Dean Fitzgerald who kicked one.
Of the 24 that backed up most we’re kids that got smacked in the thirds then again in the seconds, except for the 3 at CDHBU that got there 1st win of the year.( and got to play with Fitzy).
All is not lost though as we all have players coming home from overseas, just in time to get the last couple of matches to clear the credit card!!
On a brighter note I believe that the Carlton rebuild has began with a mouth watering display against the in form Suns.
2020 Premiers Blues.

I bet you’re one of “them blokes” who are happy to sit on the fence and continuously run down their own clubs without willing to put your hand up to try and help out . We are also involved in the cluster I believe , even though we aren’t involved too heavily in most discussions. If football is to be sustainable In this area something needs to happen over the next 4 months .

I bet you’re one of “them blokes” who are happy to sit on the fence and continuously run down their own clubs without willing to put your hand up to try and help out . We are also involved in the cluster I believe , even though we aren’t involved too heavily in most discussions. If football is to be sustainable In this area something needs to happen over the next 4 months .
Well said, there is nothing worse then seeing clubs continuously struggle before something is done. Usually by that period it is already too late. Any ideas on how to fix the situation?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doswell has been a bit down this season due to injury will see how much it slows him down.
I haven’t heard anything for wahgunyah yet but did hear Cory Smith will head back to Moyhu.

Who’s everyone’s tip for the Barton Medal?

Moyhu need about 10 of him to be competitive. I have watched them twice this year and they are a long way off also there 2nds forfeited on the weekend

Mitta weren't struggling for numbers today. They had too many on the ground and had their first quarter score zero'd. Annnnnd they're gone. Anyone got an insight?

Mitta weren't struggling for numbers today. They had too many on the ground and had their first quarter score zero'd. Annnnnd they're gone. Anyone got an insight?
Mitta dominated the first quarter kicking 2.6 to 1.3. Just before the next quarter started all the spectators were off the ground but the boundary umpires were still in the Centre and the siren hadn’t rang. Tallangatta called a head count and Mitta had an extra one on the ground. They got their score wiped.
It would’ve made a huge difference because Mitta could’ve been up 4 to 5 goals early in the second with that score added back and would’ve changed the way Tallangatta played.
I thought it was poor spirit by Tallangatta to enforce the rule with the extra player not actually on the field for even one second of actual playing time.

Mitta dominated the first quarter kicking 2.6 to 1.3. Just before the next quarter started all the spectators were off the ground but the boundary umpires were still in the Centre and the siren hadn’t rang. Tallangatta called a head count and Mitta had an extra one on the ground. They got their score wiped.
It would’ve made a huge difference because Mitta could’ve been up 4 to 5 goals early in the second with that score added back and would’ve changed the way Tallangatta played.
I thought it was poor spirit by Tallangatta to enforce the rule with the extra player not actually on the field for even one second of actual playing time.
So, technically speaking the game wasn’t in progress.
That’s pretty ordinary

If I remember correctly the same thing happened about 3 years ago in the O&M with Wodonga vs North Albury, North had to many men on the ground at the start of one of the quarters but no play had started. But their score wasn’t wiped, is there any difference, or has the rule changed?
Obviously a mistake that someone just hasn’t read the magnet board, harsh penalty for country footy

If it had have been the start of the last with one team up by 15 goals, would there be grounds for an appeal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back