Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
200px-Coat_of_Arms_of_the_Russian_Federation_2.svg.png
V
160px-Croatia_national_football_team_crest.svg.png

4am Sunday 8 July @ Sochi

Last edited:

Just got back from Croatia, wish I was still there.
Will be watching this one.
I think we should win but too many good teams have gone out for me to feel even remotely comfortable.
Ajmo Hrvatska!

Could have been us playing russia. If only.
Nah, should have beaten France and won the group and then faced off against Argentina and now facing Uruguay.

I think there's going to be other factors at play here.
Mainly, Putin.
Croatia is gonna get screwed somehow. Either by the ref or the squad are gonna wake up with the Ebola virus.
Croatia should win this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there's going to be other factors at play here.
Mainly, Putin.
Croatia is gonna get screwed somehow. Either by the ref or the squad are gonna wake up with the Ebola virus.
Croatia should win this.
You could be right but Uruguay could have easily got ****ed over and they didn't. They could have did a Korea 02 and just wave the goals away like they did against Italy and Spain.

Additionally people don't realise that Russia are a hard side to beat at home and even away during qualifying at times. Croatia were the best side in the group phase but looked ordinary like every other side has at times against Denmark. From game to game you don't know how teams will perform. Russia could come out guns blazing full of energy in front of massive home support just as easy as they could fold like they did against Uruguay.

I'm predicting an epic choke or convincing win for Croatia

yeah, for the Croats sake, I wouldn't want them to go through another penalty shoot out with a raucous russian crowd at either end. furthermore, when your the favourite to win a match, the pressure on you in penalties is so much greater. the job should've been done in normal time.

croats need to assert themselves with a couple of goals here, otherwise, the crowd and the pressure could get to them like it very nearly did against Denmark.

You could be right but Uruguay could have easily got ****** over and they didn't. They could have did a Korea 02 and just wave the goals away like they did against Italy and Spain.

Additionally people don't realise that Russia are a hard side to beat at home and even away during qualifying at times. Croatia were the best side in the group phase but looked ordinary like every other side has at times against Denmark. From game to game you don't know how teams will perform. Russia could come out guns blazing full of energy in front of massive home support just as easy as they could fold like they did against Uruguay.
Disagree with this.

Russia had no interest in winning game 3 as they were aware it would be more beneficial to be on the "easier" side of the draw.

Having said that, there was nothing dodgy about their win against Spain who only have themselves to blame. Although it is hard to argue against Russia's alleged doping activities, good football should be enough to beat their abnormal running capacity (35km more than any team).

Unfortunately for Croatia, this World Cup has taught us that anything is possible for the underdogs.

But I still back the Vatreni for the win. Ajmo Momci!!!!

Disagree with this.

Russia had no interest in winning game 3 as they were aware it would be more beneficial to be on the "easier" side of the draw.

Having said that, there was nothing dodgy about their win against Spain who only have themselves to blame. Although it is hard to argue against Russia's alleged doping activities, good football should be enough to beat their abnormal running capacity (35km more than any team).

Unfortunately for Croatia, this World Cup has taught us that anything is possible for the underdogs.

But I still back the Vatreni for the win. Ajmo Momci!!!!
You're wrong. Having no interest in game 3 based on '' easier '' side of the draw is nonsense. Nothing was concrete yet for anyone on if they would finish 1st or second. You're Croatian so your post is biased and from a Croatian perspective and through how you want to see it. You could argue that they wanted to finish top to avoid Spain. In any case, stating the obvious, Russia was in Group A, meaning they played their last game before all the other groups would. Heaps of teams fate was still on the line and positions up in the air. With this world cup, nothing was to be taken for granted on who would win which game so to say they knew where the other sides would finish, is complete fiction. Easy to say now once it's all said and done, but the positions were not determined so what looked like an easier side of the draw after it, wasn't painted that clearly BEFORE teams played their final group game.

France
Germany
Brazil
Belgium

All could have ended up on the other side of the draw. If Germany beat Korea, they go top and into that side of the bracket. Could also make a case for Russia winning and having momentum. Maybe not. But your reasoning with the point on hand, is completely invalid.

Russia's dream run surely has to come to an end here. Croatia have been one of the more impressive teams at this years World Cup. But playing the host nation is gonna be tricky. Crown will be heavily against them. Should be a cracker.

But Croatia for me.

You're wrong. Having no interest in game 3 based on '' easier '' side of the draw is nonsense. Nothing was concrete yet for anyone on if they would finish 1st or second. You're Croatian so your post is biased and from a Croatian perspective and through how you want to see it. You could argue that they wanted to finish top to avoid Spain. In any case, stating the obvious, Russia was in Group A, meaning they played their last game before all the other groups would. Heaps of teams fate was still on the line and positions up in the air. With this world cup, nothing was to be taken for granted on who would win which game so to say they knew where the other sides would finish, is complete fiction. Easy to say now once it's all said and done, but the positions were not determined so what looked like an easier side of the draw after it, wasn't painted that clearly BEFORE teams played their final group game.

France
Germany
Brazil
Belgium

All could have ended up on the other side of the draw. If Germany beat Korea, they go top and into that side of the bracket. Could also make a case for Russia winning and having momentum. Maybe not. But your reasoning with the point on hand, is completely invalid.
Cool, so I guess anything you say about Geelong is biased? That's a reflection on your inability to be impartial, not mine.

Of course nothing was guaranteed but outcomes are still much more likely than unlikely. Germany's chances of finishing 1st were less than 30% prior to the Russia game and Croatia had a less than 5% chance of finishing 2nd - France were never going to lose to Denmark as it was a training run for both sides. Once again, yes nothing is guaranteed, but it doesn't mean you don't play the law of averages.

Also, FYI - Croatians are the most pessimistic / negative people you'll ever come across, no bias here :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back