BigFooty Official 2017 Big Footy Phantom Draft .....Trial Run (Starts Monday 9am)

Remove this Banner Ad

They still need to wait for the clubs to finalize the number of list spots they'll have available come draft night.

and based on the numbers I just did between National and Rookie pre any DLFA being signed post Mullett and Morgan today we are looking at something like 120-130 selections.

If I didn't "win" this draft I don't know who has...

# 52 Richmond (received from Greater Western Sydney) - Nathan Murphy
# 66 Richmond - Aiden Bonar

Both players will go inside Top 10 I expect.
giphy.gif

there is no way we will take brander with our first. which pork chop is responsible for this selection?

if murphy goes top ten it will be a massive waste of a pick.

Why not? I wouldn't say Swans are blessed with quality depth for talls. If Swans take him it would be as a defender imo and he would be able to take over from Grundy when he eventually retires.

seriously?

we have melican, allir and maibaum. the former two are second talls. the third can play on key forwards. reid also operates as a swingman (which is what brander will be as he is not good enough in any one position) none were in the side that lost to geelong in the finals.

brander is inconsistent and soft. he is not reg Grundy's backdoor.

I'd have the future 3 tall defenders as Melican, Maibaum and Brander, not a fan of Aliir

For Key Forwards Tippet is on the decline and Reid is injury prone and if Franklin gets injured the Key Forward depth looks horrible so atleast he could be a good back-up there and despite being tall he can play smaller aswell so could see him swinging forward with Reid going back if your ever too top heavy with Franklin,Sinclair and Reid forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bonar will definitely be a 1st round pick. His star is on the rise, if the scribes know anything. Even afl.com.au have him in the 1st round. If he were to last to pick 66, then there is something that the clubs know that we must not.

Murphy is harder to judge, but late 1st round, early 2nd round is not unreasonable. 52 for a guy like him is a remarkable deal.

No matter what the others picks may be, this really a dream pair of selections at these picks. If it went this way for real, then Richmond would be handed an incredible bargain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back