Draft Review 2015 - Redo the 2015 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Team 1:
B: Blake Hardwick (Pick 44) - Ben McKay (Pick 21) - Sam Collins (Pick 55)
HB: Daniel Rioli (Pick 15) - Jacob Weitering (Pick 1) - Jordan Dawson (Pick 56)
C: Ben Keays (Pick 24) - Clayton Oliver (Pick 4) - Callum Mills (Pick 3)
HF: Jade Gresham (Pick 18) - Harry McKay (Pick 10) - Tom Papley (RD Pick 14)
F: Harrison Himmelberg (Pick 16) - Charlie Curnow (Pick 12) - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (RD Pick 22)
R: Mabior Chol (RD Pick 30) - Darcy Parish (Pick 5) - Josh Dunkley (Pick 25)
I: Jacob Hopper (Pick 7) - Mason Redman (Pick 30) - Dan Houston (RD Pick 45) - Nathan Broad (Pick 67)

Team 2:
B: Riley Bonner (Pick 37) - Marcus Adams (Pick 35) - Alex Keath (RD Pick 48)
HB: Ryan Burton (Pick 19) - Tom Doedee (Pick 17) - Bailey Williams (Pick 48)
C: Tom Phillips (Pick 58) - Brayden Fiorini (Pick 20) - Wayne Milera (Pick 11)
HF: Will Snelling (RD Pick 10) - Eric Hipwood (Pick 14) - Darcy Macpherson (RD Pick 21)
F: Daniel Lloyd (RD Pick 26) - Sam Weideman (Pick 9) - Jack Silvagni (Pick 53)
R: Matthew Flynn (Pick 41) - Hugh Greenwood (RD Pick 48) - Matthew Kennedy (Pick 13)
I: Tom Cole (Pick 36) - Ryan Clarke (Pick 31) - Callum Ah Chee (Pick 8) - David Cuningham (Pick 23)
That's bad reading for a dockers fan. Dockers had no 1st rounder because of the Harley Bennell trade.

Sam Collins was on freos list for 2 seasons and revived his career at gold coast.

Darcy Tucker played 7 seasons at freo and can get on not only the 1st 22 but the 2nd 22 as well

1. C.Oliver
2. H.McKay
3. C.Curnow
4. Weitering
5. C.Mills
6. Papley
7. Dunkley
8. Parish
8. Hipwood
9. Gresham
10. Doedee

Oliver is one of the top onballers in the AFL. Harry & Charlie Coleman medallist’s. Weitering in the top 3 fullbacks. Mills, Dunkley and parish have developed into very good players. Papley is a brilliant forward pocket. Hipwood and Doedee very good KPP’s.

I consider Charlie and Weiters far better footballers than Harry (who would still be in my top 5).

Just looking back on this, and boy did the Swans pick well in this draft. Mills was a gimme but Jordan Dawson (pick 56) and Tom Papley in the rookie draft are outstanding efforts.

Overall, my top 20 would be:

1. Oliver (freakish elite consistency for a number of years), closely followed by 2. Curnow (could one day overtake Oliver just to the rareness of elite KPFs who can dominate games).

A bit of daylight, then in order:

3. H McKay
4. Mills
5. Weitering
6. Papley
7. Dunkley
8. Parish
9. Dawson
10. B McKay
11. Rioli
12. Gresham
13. Doedee
14. Redman
15. Hardwick
16. Hopper
17. Kennedy
18. Himmelberg
19. Hipwood
20. Menegola

Just looking back on this, and boy did the Swans pick well in this draft. Mills was a gimme but Jordan Dawson (pick 56) and Tom Papley in the rookie draft are outstanding efforts.

1. Oliver (freakish elite consistency for a number of years), closely followed by 2. Curnow (could one day overtake Oliver just to the rareness of elite KPFs who can dominate games).

3. H McKay
4. Mills
5. Weitering
6. Papley
7. Dunkley
8. Parish
9. Dawson
10. B McKay
11. Rioli
12. Gresham
13. Doedee
14. Redman
15. Hardwick
16. Hopper
17. Kennedy
18. Himmelberg
19. Hipwood
20. Menegola

Really strong draft.

Wouldn’t argue if anyone had Broad, Collins, AMT, Houston or Keath in their top 20 either.

3. H McKay
4. Mills
5. Weitering
6. Papley
7. Dunkley
8. Parish
9. Dawson
10. B McKay
11. Rioli
12. Gresham
13. Doedee
14. Redman
15. Hardwick
16. Hopper
17. Kennedy
18. Himmelberg
19. Hipwood
20. Menegola
I'd have Mills and Weitering ahead of McKay now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Dunkley didn't end up at the Bombers but he is clear 6th let alone top 10
He's in the next group. That top 6 are all better players than him and that 7-15 is very tight. Went the KPP's ahead of him, considered going him over Rioli but it's no disrespect.

He's in the next group. That top 6 are all better players than him and that 7-15 is very tight. Went the KPP's ahead of him, considered going him over Rioli but it's no disrespect.
Mate he has been a top player for the past 4/5 years and you're picking guys who have been solid for 2 over him

I'd have Mills and Weitering ahead of McKay now
agree
Harry has size on his side to help impact the marking contests, but **** me is he a terrible kick for a forward. and in general really.

Prediction for me - Redman will jump a few spots. Since late last season, have seen a motivation in him to lead through action.
Was great to see him calm the backline group down after the 50 for dissent form Laverde.

Oliver, Curnow, Mills, Weitering clear top 4 for me.

Mate he has been a top player for the past 4/5 years and you're picking guys who have been solid for 2 over him
You can disagree with me, fine. He's an excellent player in a very good draft.

You can disagree with me, fine. He's an excellent player in a very good draft.
Parish is the only debatable on on there though Gresham has done what? Hipwood and Himmleberg haven't kicked over 30 goals for 2 years and Rioli has had half a decent season at half back where he had to be moved because he was dropped as a forward. Jordan Dawson is also better then all of the above

Parish is the only debatable on on there though Gresham has done what? Hipwood and Himmleberg haven't kicked over 30 goals for 2 years and Rioli has had half a decent season at half back where he had to be moved because he was dropped as a forward. Jordan Dawson is also better then all of the above
Parish has an All Australian under his belt.
Not sure why that would be debatable.

Will see how Dunkley goes this year with significant mid time to judge fully but Parish has really only had the 1 elite year Dunkley has been consistent for years now
Parish's one elite year was the first where he played full time mid
Injured the year after then came back into a team that had been lost by the coach
Back this year and seems to be better than 2021.

He's suffered the same as Dunkley at the Dogs prior to that. played off HFF whilst we ran the likes of Merrett, Shiel, Smith, Heppell, Myers in the middle.

I'd have Dunkley well ahead of Gresham and Hipwood in a top 10 though.
Esp Hipwood. has little impact on 90% of the games he plays.

Parish's one elite year was the first where he played full time mid
Injured the year after then came back into a team that had been lost by the coach
Back this year and seems to be better than 2021.

He's suffered the same as Dunkley at the Dogs prior to that. played off HFF whilst we ran the likes of Merrett, Shiel, Smith, Heppell, Myers in the middle.

I'd have Dunkley well ahead of Gresham and Hipwood in a top 10 though.
Esp Hipwood. has little impact on 90% of the games he plays.
And that is where I am saying the debate can come in Dunkley is finally getting the full time mid role but was still elite in the mid/fwd

id have to take a look at the draft again, but in the last 2 years i'd have Hipwood sliding back and possibly out of the top 20.

Yep.

Hipwood's slip sliding away.

I'd have Burton and Doedee in front of Hipwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back