BigFooty Official 2015 Big Footy Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that it means anything for the upcoming draft but Hinchcliffe has been playing grade cricket this summer.

All we have completed the National Draft. Good job and probably got through in a record time. Now switching over to the Rookie Draft. Please send me your 10-20 favs in order and I will slot them in for you.

Adelaide Skippos
Brisbane Quigley
Carlton LemmingMaster
Collingwood Knightmare
Essendon foj1
Fremantle Chris25
Geelong swannies
GWS Giants snoopdog
Gold Coast Suns Offsider
Hawthorn Jack Package
Melbourne Snoop Dog
North Melbourne beowulf
Port Adelaide Gee Dub
Richmond Bishop
St Kilda Rahul
Sydney Swans Thunderstruck
West Coast Eagles Monocle
Western Bulldogs Wizard17

Burton.....

Yes, agreed. Although for the price someone is going to pay, I'll throw Curnow up there. He will either be a superstar or he won't amount to much. Very much a risk/reward selection.

Another Menzel?

Hard to tell, injuries were worse than Menzel. Scope is massive though, so a team like Hawthorn for instance who won't 'really' lose too much if he flops could gamble on him at pick 15 or 18.

Weideman is probably in the same category of risk?

Not from an injury point of view. At least you know with Weideman he will take a mark and a very good contested mark. Whether that is enough to spend a top 5 pick on I'm not sure, but he has tools to succeed. If you pick him at 10, you would probably say fair enough, pick 4-5, not sure. Although I'm only going off reports and everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not from an injury point of view. At least you know with Weideman he will take a mark and a very good contested mark. Whether that is enough to spend a top 5 pick on I'm not sure, but he has tools to succeed. If you pick him at 10, you would probably say fair enough, pick 4-5, not sure. Although I'm only going off reports and everything.
He's shaping as the most interesting pick inside the top bunch of picks.

He's shaping as the most interesting pick inside the top bunch of picks.

Honestly, I think anything after pick 2 is an interesting pick.

Oliver, Francis, Weideman, McKay, Curnow, Parish, Milera....
{This was just a random group of players}
I could almost make a case for why I would select one of these players over another player...

Honestly, I think anything after pick 2 is an interesting pick.

Oliver, Francis, Weideman, McKay, Curnow, Parish, Milera....
{This was just a random group of players}
I could almost make a case for why I would select one of these players over another player...

Maybe it is just me, but I don't get the hype with Milera, that is an awfully high pick to be spending on that sort of player. Maybe it is just me, happy to be wrong there. Curnow is shaping as the likely pick 3. Just a question whether Essendon feel they 'need' Weiderman, or will they be comfortable picking one at 24/25, and taking Parish & 1 of Francis/Oliver at picks 4 & 5. Picks 3-5 will shape the draft, with Callum Mills and Jacob Hopper in there as academy selections.

Selection 56. West Coast .
Sam Menagola . 189 cm 90 kg . Mid / medium forward.
Subiaco.

Just about to head into a meeting so write up tonight.

This pick may surprise a few readers but the reinvigorated Menagola finished off the WAFL season in rare form and showed the form that many knew he had in him. Just shows how sometimes a fresh start in a new role at a new Club can be the making of some players.

I believe this would be a great pick given where your list is at mate

Maybe it is just me, but I don't get the hype with Milera, that is an awfully high pick to be spending on that sort of player. Maybe it is just me, happy to be wrong there. Curnow is shaping as the likely pick 3. Just a question whether Essendon feel they 'need' Weiderman, or will they be comfortable picking one at 24/25, and taking Parish & 1 of Francis/Oliver at picks 4 & 5. Picks 3-5 will shape the draft, with Callum Mills and Jacob Hopper in there as academy selections.

It is important to remember at the end of the season he was playing against men and doing some amazing things. I watched him at under 18's and thought he was one of the best SA prospects but really questioned his ability to play midfield. I heard reports he was asked to show his ability in the midfield and gathered 25 possessions.

He kicks goals, tough, very strong overhead, time slows down around him, high level kicking skills and great one touch hands.

I am on this kids bandwagon.

Buckenara has got good taste Francis and Curnow to EssendonEssendon

Carlton - Maris Olekalns

EDIT: Updated due to GWS nominated player.

Hey mate,

I noticed in your player profiles that you had exact measurements on each player. Do you have access to the combine measurements?

If so, could you update your phantom draft with those measurements? Or perhaps provide them to Knightmare for his phantom draft if you haven't the time to update yours?

Thanks in advance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back