MRP / Trib. 2014 MRP/ Tribunal News & Reports (aka Chook lotto)

Remove this Banner Ad

Except Boomers wasn't an accident...
So he intentionally tried to headbutt him?

All harvey was doing was trying to block Selwoods run. If there had been the head contact and no blood the MRP would not have even looked at it. So essentially harvey is being suspended because harvey made contact with Selwoods eye brow which obviously can break the skin easier than say his jaw or cheekbone. Just ludicrous

All harvey was doing was trying to block Selwoods run. If there had been the head contact and no blood the MRP would not have even looked at it. So essentially harvey is being suspended because harvey made contact with Selwoods eye brow which obviously can break the skin easier than say his jaw or cheekbone. Just ludicrous

But there was head contact and there was blood. Therefore he's in trouble.

He left his feet and hit someone in the head. You can't do it, everyone in the league knows.

Cheekbone, jaw, eyebrow - it doesn't matter. You cannot make contact there and he did.

Adam goodes seemed to hit Selwood in the head this season and got off for insufficient force. Yet anyone could clearly see that force was harder than Harvey's. Purely came down to the blood factor which is ludicrous

Adam goodes seemed to hit Selwood in the head this season and got off for insufficient force. Yet anyone could clearly see that force was harder than Harvey's. Purely came down to the blood factor which is ludicrous

Go look it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFL_Tribunal

It's all there.

Staggers me that in any sport, anywhere in the world, and a referee or jurisdiction gives a verdict, it is taken as Gospell.

Our sport.....................Muck Fee, every 2 bit monkey throws his opinion in.

Last edited:
In other sports you also don't have the media fascination with trying to highlight minor incidents in an effort to get the player rubbed out. Tim Watsons post match interview of Harvey was a disgrace and Jon Ralph at half time of every match trying to find trouble for players is shambolic.

Really? Deviated 5 metres off the ball to try clean him up more like it.

983597-65f9b6e0-3c73-11e4-a57a-52576a558724.jpg

So we are reverting to still pictures now?? Watch the video. Harvey is barely moving and Selwood keeps his feet. Find me one other reportable bump where the player bumped keeps his feet?

So now it's bump not a block? Granted it's not at lightning speed and not in Byron Pickett's league but he goes out of his way to collect him with a shoulder. He has form, no need to guess what his intent was.

Simple question to consider. What was he thinking? Harvey is a bit like the angry gorilla at the Melbourne Zoo. Some years ago the Silverback named Rigo would sit with his back to the crowd ignoring all the attention. Then he would do something really crazy like running at the crowd and launch an object like a rock or his own excrement. He didn't know why but he was getting old and cantankerous. See the parallel. Harvey is just an old man who lashes out for little reason. I think it's time someone gave him some frank advice instead of pandering to his huge ego.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's an interesting thing. Personally I don't think it was a big enough hit for him to be rubbed out... however they have set a precedent with other instances earlier this season and as much as I may disagree with a lot of them, he has to be rubbed out. Poor record doesn't help him as well.

North should be filthy with Boomer, he's just come back from suspension and now he potentially will miss their biggest match in years.

Boomer cops a week.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-15/boomer-could-miss-prelim-

Kangas are gunna fight it, but geez he left the ground, hit the fella 10 yards off the ball, drew blood and Selwood had to leave the field.

Yep.
Gaaawwwn! :cry:;)

Given that he's just back from suspension, I'd say a week is very lenient. Getting some sympathy points there I think.

Can't think what the Roos' defence is going to be. "B-but... it's Boomer! Everybody loves Boomer. He just can't miss another final!"

1 week is ridiculous in my opinion, they have their favourites, Harvey is* one of them, soft decision by the MRP

*EFA

Robbo delivered a textbook bump a few weeks back and was suspended for three matches. I have little doubt that if it were Robbo and not Harvey in this case, he'd have got 3-5 weeks because of his record. Yet Harvey's record is not dissimilar to Robbo's!
Dare I say it: Harvey only got one week because IF the Roos prevail in the prelim, Harvey will be able to play in the GF, and the league is not about to miss out on the marketing potential in that scenario.
Sorry, does that sound too cynical? :$

Happy Boomer got off by the tribunal, the man is an arrogant, selfish pill, but didn't deserve to miss a prelim final for that, kudos to Joel Selwood for his kind testimony as well, thought it was classy of him.

Remember the infamous Waite head butt? The one that would not have squished a mosquito on the other guys forehead? Sufficient force for a week off.

The only reason Boomer is getting off is that it is a preliminary final and the tribunal invoked the Barry Hall get out of gaol for finals free card. He would have gone in the home and away season no ifs or buts because the rules say so.

AFL handles the rules of the game like the card sharks they are.

*EFA

Robbo delivered a textbook bump a few weeks back and was suspended for three matches. I have little doubt that if it were Robbo and not Harvey in this case, he'd have got 3-5 weeks because of his record. Yet Harvey's record is not dissimilar to Robbo's!
Dare I say it: Harvey only got one week because IF the Roos prevail in the prelim, Harvey will be able to play in the GF, and the league is not about to miss out on the marketing potential in that scenario.

Free to play...

Biggus dealus eh....:)

Dare I say it: Harvey only got one week because IF the Roos prevail in the prelim, Harvey will be able to play in the GF, and the league are not going to miss out on the marketing potential in that scenario.
Free to play...

Biggus dealus eh....:)

I see what you did there! :)

What the hey, it's finals.
And the player is a crowd favourite.
Different rules apply... apparently.

For what it's worth, I'd rather not see a good, hard, fair bump punished by suspension, but when that has been the trend throughout the past year or so, one feels a little confused today.

Hopefully now they will get rid of the MRP and go back to the tribunal system and judge each individual case on its own merit and review the bump rule while their at it the twits and throw in some common sense and logic again.

The geelong doctors report went along way to getting the little turd off whereas the NM doctor has done no favours in helping anyone else out this year, ie Lake and Robbo in fact his reports have probably added time to suspensions.

We also forget the power of a media outcry when their favourites are concern, "Waite should get a week for stupidity" was mentioned when he did the head butt but their was a media frenzy outcry for poor Boomer who has just come back from suspension. Viney got off his charge through the media but Fyfe didn't cop much attention until it looked like he might be in Brownlow form. What does the NM pres do for a crust?

No I don't think he should of been rubbed out but it obviously now just shows the system is flawed

I see what you did there! :)

What the hey, it's finals.
And the player is a crowd favourite.
Different rules apply... apparently.

For what it's worth, I'd rather not see a good, hard, fair bump punished by suspension, but when that has been the trend throughout the past year or so, one feels a little confused today.
Next issue to come along will be a team robbed of a place in a Grand Final because the umps have put their whistles away because you simply can't pay those technical tiggy touchwood frees in finals (see A. Walker, Carlton, final minute, Elimination Final vs West Coast Eagles 2011)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back