2014 Grand Final thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought having a dedicated GF thread might be a good thing. I know a few people have said they're not particularly looking forward to it, but they're two greats teams and you can easily see it being a gripping contest.

Whack your predictions in here too...

Winner & Margin: Sydney 17 points
Most possessions: Dan Hannebery
Most goals: Ben McGlynn 4 goals
Norm Smith: Ben McGlynn

Predictions:

* Hawthorn by 15.

* Hodge for Norm Smith. Lewis most disposals.

* Franklin to kick one goal. Roughy to kick three (most).

* A big injury in the first half of the game.

Not overly interested in the GF at all, but anyway...

Winner & Margin: Sydney 26 points
Most possessions: Sam Mitchell
Most goals: Jarrod Roughead 5 goals
Norm Smith: Kieran Jack

Great post Belgo. Sydney by about 3 goals IMO.

FWIW I love the Grand Final. It beats this sheer unadulterated crap that gets talked about trades etc on blog flatulence or what ever this place is called. The day a few around here get the point of the comp is winning the ****ing thing and not wetting ya knickers over an untried rookie the better things will be.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shit sorry Grand Final day, Christmas doesn't come close to the excitement you feel on this the holiest of days!

About to head out for the obligatory grand final morning walk, this gives me time to think about the game, who I am punting on and whether or not I need more beer for today.

My thoughts so far really centre around the importance of Hale and McEvoy. Sydney seems to have the edge over the Hawks on paper. Mike Pyke is good ruckmen now, but I reckon this is one area where the Hawks could exploit Sydney, also a key defender short to cover them resting forward. To be honest I am backing Hale as my NS smokey- might kick a bag today!

For the record

Hawthorn win
Margin 5 points
NS-Isaac Smith 25 touches and 3 goals- announces himself as a genuine A grader

I am starting my day with a couple of Feral Hop Hogs- just to kick the mood along and then moving into some Matilda Bay Bohemian Pilsener. Went down a level on the beer this year due to the general overexcitement I get when drinking Stone and Wood/Little Creatures Pale Ale. Likely to stop in the 10-14 range on the pilseners instead of the 16-20 range on the others.

Really hoping the post GF fallout at home will be less this year due to my responsible thinking above!:D:confused:

Winner & Margin: Hawthorn 24 points
Most possessions: Sam Mitchell
Most goals: ROUGHY
Norm Smith: Brad Hill

Man I can't wait for the day I can go to the game again with our boys out there!!!!

My tips;
Skoob to have 5 beers before the first bounce,
another 6 before final siren,
burns self on BBQ.
My tip.

Wear a fire resistant suit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Winner: Either Swans by 40 or Hawks by less than a goal
Norm Smith: Scenario 1 - Buddy Scenario 2 - Hodge
GF Sprint McStay
BWS to get my beer dollar.

Love the buildup on GF day. Sydney's midfield and forward line is too strong.

Swans by 28
Most possessions: Mitchell
Most goals: Buddy and Roughy 4 each
Norm Smith: Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back