Sport 2014 betting thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Was going to leave this one alone but after going over the teams i just can't see how the Tigers can win it without Deledio and Rance. The pies with a midfield of Swan, Pendlebury, Beams, Ball, Beams, Sidebottom should be too strong for the Tigers, plus the fact it's Cloke's 200th will give them something else to strive for.. For insurance the Pies +23.5 should be plenty, so it's $193.10 @ $1.10.

Starting Bank $100.00
Current Bank $193.10

7-0-6 (+97)

$57 on Richmond +12.5/Carlton -8.5 @ $2.05 odds.

$40 on Collingwood 1-19 points @ $3.90 odds.

A good result for you Bobby would be the pies winning by a goal, so lets hope that's exactly what happens.

good work tonight carl. Back to even money again for me. Can't seem to get past $100 or so in profit.

I'd hate to imagine what it would be like for folks who bet literally thousands on a game and having to sweat out the result. We're just doing $50's or $100 and it's stressful enough.

good work tonight carl. Back to even money again for me. Can't seem to get past $100 or so in profit.

I'd hate to imagine what it would be like for folks who bet literally thousands on a game and having to sweat out the result. We're just doing $50's or $100 and it's stressful enough.

Thanks Bobby. Always going to be a big ask for the Tigers against the Pies midfield, was really hoping they kicked another couple at the end when they got to within 5 goals so you could also get a win, much rather see someone else win than the bookies.

I know all about betting thousands and it's not all that bad if you go about it the right way.. I must say that what i'm doing here with my betting doesn't really reflect how i really bet. I was in a footy tipping comp a few years back and got beat by a female who really didn't know much about footy so i decided not to enter the comp the following year but to just whack $100 in a betting account instead and see what i could achieve by taking a few teams a week like i'm doing here, well the first year i got 3/4 of the way through the season then bombed out, last year i made it all the way with some real big bets in the last few rounds and finals, but it was a nice juicy collect. Doesn't seem much taking odds of $1.10 at a time, having your whole bank on every bet but you add up 40 or 50 bets for a season and it will surprise you.
Here i am again to see if i can do it again.. I wasn't going to do it in public for all the sh!t i'd cop if i lost but after all it's only like a tipping comp and all i'm going to lose is the $100 i started with, i'd rather loose the $100 this way then getting beat in a footy tipping comp by someone that knows nothing.

Yeh tipping is boring.

I just covered myself with a $25 multi including essendon instead of freo at 2.96.

Pretty confident on all the other games. Will win more if freo get up and really need us to win by 25+.

Yes the cover is good, only game that is 50/50 cause of injuries to Freo.. You should do well..

Usually i don't back sh!t teams but in the Carlton Vs Melbourne match i'm going for Carlton, they might be sh!t but Melbourne are a disgrace, they have won a total of 6 matches in the past two seasons, 3 of those were against GWS, the others were Suns, Bulldogs and against the Bombers of all teams. Carlton just need to win this one and should get the job done, i dislike Carlton as a club so if i was to loose on this bet i wouldn't be overly upset but can't see it happening so i'm not even taking points in, i'm plonking the whole bank of $212.49 straight up on Carlton at $1.17..

Starting Bank $100.00
Current Bank $212.49

Thanks Bobby. Always going to be a big ask for the Tigers against the Pies midfield, was really hoping they kicked another couple at the end when they got to within 5 goals so you could also get a win, much rather see someone else win than the bookies.

I know all about betting thousands and it's not all that bad if you go about it the right way.. I must say that what i'm doing here with my betting doesn't really reflect how i really bet. I was in a footy tipping comp a few years back and got beat by a female who really didn't know much about footy so i decided not to enter the comp the following year but to just whack $100 in a betting account instead and see what i could achieve by taking a few teams a week like i'm doing here, well the first year i got 3/4 of the way through the season then bombed out, last year i made it all the way with some real big bets in the last few rounds and finals, but it was a nice juicy collect. Doesn't seem much taking odds of $1.10 at a time, having your whole bank on every bet but you add up 40 or 50 bets for a season and it will surprise you.
Here i am again to see if i can do it again.. I wasn't going to do it in public for all the sh!t i'd cop if i lost but after all it's only like a tipping comp and all i'm going to lose is the $100 i started with, i'd rather loose the $100 this way then getting beat in a footy tipping comp by someone that knows nothing.

You aren't going to cop crap over it.

I can see the system you are using, and you are obviously being very restrained in how you bet.
It would be very easy to go larger and take $1.25 etc.

Takes good research and good commitment but if you stick to it, it can work.
You need a bit of luck too.

Other than that Carlton bet. lol

Well that's that lol.. seriously would have been livid but for some reason seeing Carlton loose like that hasn't really bothered me much but in saying that, it's all over for me...

It's only $100 carl.

Just go again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

aren't you back to your starting balance carl?

Sorry about that, Carlton are quite something else at the moment. Hopefully Malthouse gets the sack, can't stand that bloke's arrogant demeanor.
No, Carl started @100 and bet it all from day 1.

Yes 100% correct, 1 loss was always going to wipe me out...

Then why would you back Carlton??

Ive just put $82 on us to win @ 2.55.

Betting with my heart there but i think we could pull it off.

If the line is under 2 goals i will take that too.

Then why would you back Carlton??

Ive just put $82 on us to win @ 2.55.

Betting with my heart there but i think we could pull it off.

If the line is under 2 goals i will take that too.

I don't know, poor judgement i guess.. I even went against my rules of not backing p!ss poor sides..

Best of luck with your bet on us, i think we are a very good chance of winning.. At lest this time around we have 2 good ruckmen and they don't have Franklin...

I'll do the same mate, the early line is Hawthorn -10.5 and Geelong is $2.40 for the outright win.

Just put $30 on us with 12.5+ advantage @1.91. I can see it being close either way.

I can also see it being low scoring due to our in form defence. $100 @1.50 for us with a +24.5 advantage.

Also $5 @51 for the draw. Just in case.

My multi ESS/PORT/CROWS/SUNS/DOGS/HAWKS is $25 @7.29.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back