Teams 2013 Rate my Dream Team

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a bit short on cash to upgrade Daw, like $4,000 short. Thinking about downgrading a premium to Griffen to save 25k and get in a mid priced ruckman. I'd rather ditch Dangerfield but I'm gonna be one trade short. Daw will probably get some game time soon anyway so I could keep him in, downgrade Lecras and free up the cash for a premium upgrade next round - that's sounding good to me atm.

I'm a bit short on cash to upgrade Daw, like $4,000 short. Thinking about downgrading a premium to Griffen to save 25k and get in a mid priced ruckman. I'd rather ditch Dangerfield but I'm gonna be one trade short. Daw will probably get some game time soon anyway so I could keep him in, downgrade Lecras and free up the cash for a premium upgrade next round - that's sounding good to me atm.

Keystone agony likes this :thumbsu:

IMHO opinion there are a bunch of other players around Griffen's price..actually all of the below players cost less bar Jack, who are better DT options...at least for this weeks games for most of them.

Jack, ROK, Greene, Zorko, NDS, McVeigh, Gibson, Hanneberry

I'd also be confident that at least 6/8 of those guys will average higher than Griffen this year.

Griffen could be a fantastic pick this year. Cooney looks very, very sharp, and if he can maintain it it means less attention to Griff from the opponent. He also averaged 118/100m in the NAB Cup.

Is by no means a "safe" pick, but I reckon he'll easily push over 95 this year.

Griffen could be a fantastic pick this year. Cooney looks very, very sharp, and if he can maintain it it means less attention to Griff from the opponent. He also averaged 118/100m in the NAB Cup.

Is by no means a "safe" pick, but I reckon he'll easily push over 95 this year.

That's the problem, for 500k I'd be wanting/expecting him to be pushing well over 105 not 95

Relying on Cooney to play more than 8 games is just wishful thinking mate. Most would like to see him close to his best again because he was such a dangerous player pre-injuries, but you just know it won't happen.

That's the problem, for 500k I'd be wanting/expecting him to be pushing well over 105 not 95

Relying on Cooney to play more than 8 games is just wishful thinking mate. Most would like to see him close to his best again because he was such a dangerous player pre-injuries, but you just know it won't happen.
Notice the easily. ;) I expect him to average 110+ this year, on account of being allowed to roam free more. He will also rest at half-forward a lot and be told to kick goals when he gets the opportunity, which is what hurt his scoring last year.

We'll see. I have faith in Cooney's longevity over this season, he looks extraordinary even after NAB Cup. Since 2008 he's had a limp during every training session and has had to push through pain - this year the limp is completely gone (even after playing most NAB Cup games at full intensity) and he doesn't seem to be feeling any pain at all.

Griffin is one im tossing up between as my M5 premo.....recon he could explode this year with a fit and firing Cooney. Also i expect him to smash the lions with no Raines in the side.

Notice the easily. ;) I expect him to average 110+ this year, on account of being allowed to roam free more. He will also rest at half-forward a lot and be told to kick goals when he gets the opportunity, which is what hurt his scoring last year.

We'll see. I have faith in Cooney's longevity over this season, he looks extraordinary even after NAB Cup. Since 2008 he's had a limp during every training session and has had to push through pain - this year the limp is completely gone (even after playing most NAB Cup games at full intensity) and he doesn't seem to be feeling any pain at all.

2 VERY big calls, good luck with that.

2 VERY big calls, good luck with that.
I don't have either in my team, fyi. :p I agree that there are probably better options than Griff, but I definitely think he'll have a pretty big leap in his scoring this year and he'd be a lot more unique.

But I'll be sure to bump this post when I'm right, haha. ;)

I don't have either in my team, fyi. :p I agree that there are probably better options than Griff, but I definitely think he'll have a pretty big leap in his scoring this year and he'd be a lot more unique.

But I'll be sure to bump this post when I'm right, haha. ;)

No offence mate, but with Boyd missing the first 3 games? ...you'll be needing Griff to fire on all cylinders. Not just the early games but to dominate for the whole season to be any chance of avoiding the bottom 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The premium I have to drop is Josh Kennedy, and I kind of want him. The other option is rely on Danger to bounce back, Downgrade Lecras and fix up my choice of Embley or Griffiths - could get any midfielder not already selected for Embley or a 400kish player for Griffiths. Probably more inclined to stick with Embley but also more upside bringing in another season long keeper into the midfield

Griffin won't average 110, no way, not now anyway when we are more than likely to get smashed each week. I think he can push a 100-105 average, especially if Cooney can stay on the park. I mean in 2011, from rounds 1 to 17, he scored 100+ on 14 occasions. Cooney played in 12 of those games as well. So just shows how Griffin benefits from Cooney in the side...and 2011 was when Cooney struggled with his knee...so imagine now when that knee problem is not there! I mean look at the last NAB game, Cooney plays and Griffin ends up getting 125, most likely from having more freedom.

I agree there may be better options around his price, but you can do far far worse than picking Griffin. I think with the amount of trades we have he is defiantly worth the punt.

No offence mate, but with Boyd missing the first 3 games? ...you'll be needing Griff to fire on all cylinders. Not just the early games but to dominate for the whole season to be any chance of avoiding the bottom 4.
I don't think we have any chance of avoiding the bottom four anyway mate. I'm a realist. :)

Plenty of other teams I'd prefer to finish bottom 4 than the Doggies, mate. :thumbsu:
Me too, there are a couple of cheater teams that I'd love to see down there, not naming names... :rolleyes:

Haha but I'm very happy with the direction we're heading, it's just gonna take a while. Takes time to recover from poor draft/trading decisions along with expansions destroying our age profile.

I've decided to downgrade my m5 (O'Keefe) and have gone with Whitfield, Wines, Toumpas on the field with viney and O'meara on the bench... I know there's a lot of money spent there, but god there is so much promise of money to come from them later in the year. 3 of them could easily average 80+ come mid year.. All 5 of them will get so much game time. I know i'm stuck with a tad weaker midfield than a lot of others, but hopefully it pays off.

I am still stuck with Embley as my m5 now, but will stick with him as he won't be the sub next week and will bang out a big score, got 41 in 1 quarter.

Now have Swan, Ablett, Danger, Fyfe, Embley, Whitfield, Toumpas, Wines on the field. Danger will get 1 more week to prove himself, same with fyfe. Both will come good. What are people's thoughts? Am i being a little unrealistic of what i expect from these 5 rookie guns?

I've decided to downgrade my m5 (O'Keefe) and have gone with Whitfield, Wines, Toumpas on the field with viney and O'meara on the bench... I know there's a lot of money spent there, but god there is so much promise of money to come from them later in the year. 3 of them could easily average 80+ come mid year.. All 5 of them will get so much game time. I know i'm stuck with a tad weaker midfield than a lot of others, but hopefully it pays off.

I am still stuck with Embley as my m5 now, but will stick with him as he won't be the sub next week and will bang out a big score, got 41 in 1 quarter.

Now have Swan, Ablett, Danger, Fyfe, Embley, Whitfield, Toumpas, Wines on the field. Danger will get 1 more week to prove himself, same with fyfe. Both will come good. What are people's thoughts? Am i being a little unrealistic of what i expect from these 5 rookie guns?

Toumpas is the obvious Greenvest out of the Dees rookies, IMHO. Replace with O'meara FTW!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back