MRP / Trib. 2013 MRP/ Tribunal News & Reports (keep it all in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

The mere thought of this being classed as a win is a joke, its insulting that the MRP even needed a 2nd look at either incident !!

Agree that the incidents should not have even been looked at, but the fact they were and both players have been cleared, is a win for me.;)

Common sense prevails for a change.

I like how the MRP blamed the incident on Thomas. Said Carrots was following his opponent and Thomas decided to get in his way and block him. Carrots simply braced for contact and surprise surprise Thomas took a dive.

MRP Statement

Contact between Carlton's Andrew Carazzo and North Melbourne's Lindsay Thomas from the second quarter of Friday's match was assessed. Carrazzo was following his opponent through the middle of the ground as play continued on the wing. Thomas stepped into the path of the Carlton player to block his run, and Carrazzo braced and then made body contact. After viewing all available footage and receiving a medical report from the North Melbourne Football Club, it was the view of the panel that the body contact made by Carrazzo was not a reportable action.

Contact between Carlton's Zach Tuohy and North Melbourne's Jack Ziebell from the second quarter of Friday's match was assessed. It was the view of the panel the force used was below that required to constitute a report. No further action was taken.

MRP Statement

Maybe that's what Tuohy was reacting to. Harvey said it on game day yesterday because he heard the incident. Even in Tuohy gets pulled up, a good record and guilty plea should get it down to a reprimand.
Carrots doesn't have a good record thoug - he got suspended during NAB cup last year.

nah... the Tuohy incident happened in the first or second quarter, the Lucas sliding bullshit happened in the third... or maybe the 4th

I just watched the Suns game where it looked like faux tough guy Brown elbowed Maxwell in the neck on the boundary line in the 4th. Was this looked at?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patrick Keane ‏@AFL_PKeane 42m Cyril Rioli cleared contact Jarryn Geary - force used was below that required to constitute a report.

It wasn't a lethal headbutt like Waite's effort...
This is bullshit, they should be worried about the action itself and not the force, Kids will be doing this in junior footy soon and will cause some severe damage to an opponents arm, head, neck, wrist or shoulder.

Very poor repeated look from a very over rated player:thumbsdown:

https://twitter.com/FoxFootyAnalyst

What a thug.

He is catching up to David Rhys Jones. :D
Fletcher has had some very bizarre reports over his career.

Has been done for tripping how many times and has also interfered with goal posts (without consent):D etc....

At least Rhys just went whack and was happy to take his medicine !!

https://twitter.com/AFL_PKeane
Dustin Fletcher can accept 2 games for engaging in rough conduct against Jamie Cripps.
Eddie Betts received three weeks for a similar bump...

I guess WC's injury report declared that Cripps was clinically dead...

jg6ra3jl4jx0sj9cnq6i.jpeg

Eddie Betts received three weeks for a similar bump...

I guess WC's injury report declared that Cripps was clinically dead...

jg6ra3jl4jx0sj9cnq6i.jpeg

I think the main difference in this though is that Bett's broke the other blokes jaw which bumped up the impact from medium impact (which is what Fletcher got to severe which is the highest grade in terms of impact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back