Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Dobie G

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's that time of year when the women dress up, sweepstakes are a plenty, 3 hr luncheons and the bookies clean up from all the mug bets.
The poll only allows 20 responses.

Current field and odds

Like most Melbourne Cup mug punters my eyes scan the form guide on Tuesday morning whereupon I become an instant thoroughbred racing expert.

I take it Makybe Diva and Media Puzzle aren't running?

Eddie Dingle advice please.

Like most Melbourne Cup mug punters my eyes scan the form guide on Tuesday morning whereupon I become an instant thoroughbred racing expert.

I take it Makybe Diva and Media Puzzle aren't running?

Eddie Dingle advice please.

Derby Day (yesterday) is the day for punters and racing lovers. The best horses in the best spring races (outside the Cox Plate) and winners harder to pick than a broken nose. The Melbourne Cup is a glorified handicap race and there isn't another decent race on the card. Oaks Day (Thursday) and Stakes Day (Saturday) are better days then Tuesday. (rant over...)

That said, I like Dandino but will throw about 8 others into my multis including Dear Demi and Seville. I was drinking with one of the owners of Seville yesterday in the Emirates Marquee and they are quietly confident and that was before drawing a good barrier. He also has Whisper Downs running on Tuesday and they are loading up on that one.

I'll post my bets after some more study today and tomorrow.

I would have backed Puissance De Lune because I have a soft spot for greys. But PDL was scratched after injuring himself in the Cox Plate.

I would have backed Puissance De Lune because I have a soft spot for greys (Eddie Dingle :hearts::hearts::hearts:) . But PDL was scratched after injuring himself in the Cox Plate.

ftfy old chum.

Nos 1,2,7,9 in the Melbourne cup every year in various combinations and permutations and every year I lose, another mug Melbourne Cup punter. :rolleyes:

Derby Day (yesterday) is the day for punters and racing lovers. The best horses in the best spring races (outside the Cox Plate) and winners harder to pick than a broken nose. The Melbourne Cup is a glorified handicap race and there isn't another decent race on the card. Oaks Day (Thursday) and Stakes Day (Saturday) are better days then Tuesday. (rant over...)

That said, I like Dandino but will throw about 8 others into my multis including Dear Demi and Seville. I was drinking with one of the owners of Seville yesterday in the Emirates Marquee and they are quietly confident and that was before drawing a good barrier. He also has Whisper Downs running on Tuesday and they are loading up on that one.

I'll post my bets after some more study today and tomorrow.

Never mind Kochie working the room. ;)

And buddy and his new bird committing a terrible social faux paus.

PDA's all over the place... I'd rather watch a bulldog eat a bowl of custard than see those two kiss again.

Put your house on this horse, it's a sure bet:thumbsu:

graphic3a-frankenhorse2c-the-melbourne-cup-champion-of-champi-data.png

Imagine you could build the perfect horse to win the Melbourne Cup, taking the best parts of legends of the race to make an unbeatable and unbackable favourite.
This is Frankenhorse. He has more than 150 years of Flemington form in his blood and is powered by the decisive features of 10 previous winners.
More

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Royal Empire ... always follow Kerrin after he kicked me $200 winning on Brew ... once a year punter .... I've given it all back

Ruscello, mount athos, green moon my others.... :confused:

Masked Marvel, Hawkspur and Fiorente..... but what a lottery. I like golden penny at odds in race 4

Oooops I meat Minnie Downs in my post urp thair ^^^ and it ran second paying $3.80 the place. Of course I backed it straight out...

My first four is:

1st - Fiorente, Dandino, Fawkner, Seville.
2nd - Fiorente, Dandino, Fawkner, Seville.
3rd - Green Moon, Sea Moon, Fiorente, Dandino, Fawkner, Seville, Hawkspur, Dear Demi.
4th - Green Moon, Sea Moon, Fiorente, Dandino, Fawkner, Seville, Mount Athos, Hawkspur, Dear Demi.

$50 = 11.57%.

+ $50 e/w on Seville and
$50 e/w on Dandino.

Enjoyed the champers and prawns; at least an Aussie horse won :thumbsu:

I couldn't back Fiorente straight out despite having it in my multis.

My Grandfather told me to never trust three things:

Whore houses
s**t houses and
Waterhouses.

Hate em.

Ended up having a win.

Worked out who I was going to pick, went with kids in hand to place the bet (wife interstate and had no one to hand the kids off to), wasn't allowed in.

Took the kids to the local swimming pool while the race was on.

Came home and found that none of my horses made any money - money still in pocket - win!

Back