Essendon
My tips

Under 18's
Wandin vs upwey
wandin by a goal
lachy curren best on ground

Reserves
Warby vs healsville
im going with the underdog here in warby for back to back!
mozza Best on ground

The big one
Woori vs Brookers
after the way the brookers embarrassed woori 2 weeks ago
Brookers by 5 goals
nathan muratore best on ground

:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

U/18's
Last two games been decided by 2 points (1 each) will stick with that theory and say Wandin by two points the extra travel to Alex and 6 day break will leave upwey fragile in the last quarter on big deck!!!!
Best on ground jarrod Glenn

Ressies
Can't go past the bloods, home ground grand final will use the space better than warby, looking forward to seeing Barclay cross paths with ormsby will be both keen to set a physical tone early expecting fireworks!!!
Best on ground Scotty Muir will get a big bag in losing side!

Seniors
Once a gain 6 day break in tough prelim puts woori behind the 8 ball, also concerns regarding the tigers mental state after the brookers were relentless in qaul final backs to the wall expect woori to be brave but gem brook to run away with it! Gemb by 47 points!
Best on ground AJ Walker

U/18's
Last two games been decided by 2 points (1 each) will stick with that theory and say Wandin by two points the extra travel to Alex and 6 day break will leave upwey fragile in the last quarter on big deck!!!!
Best on ground jarrod Glenn

Ressies
Can't go past the bloods, home ground grand final will use the space better than warby, looking forward to seeing Barclay cross paths with ormsby will be both keen to set a physical tone early expecting fireworks!!!
Best on ground Scotty Muir will get a big bag in losing side!

Seniors
Once a gain 6 day break in tough prelim puts woori behind the 8 ball, also concerns regarding the tigers mental state after the brookers were relentless in qaul final backs to the wall expect woori to be brave but gem brook to run away with it! Gemb by 47 points!
Best on ground AJ Walker

the question will be answered on saturday

we are the brook boys yip( 2010), yip (2011), yips (2012) ?

Wandin have been looking really good throughout the course of the 2012 season with only losing 1 game aswell as upway tecoma. I came to watch last weeks final between the two sides with wandin winning by 2 points. In the grand final i believe wandin will be to strong and run over the top of the upway side with the league best and fairest winner Lee Barker getting best on and to prove why he won the award. Wandin will also need Luke McPhee to stand up and kick mutiple goals as he proved his dominance up forward last week taking contested marks and being deadly infront of goal.
Wandin by 3 goals

How to turn a 20 goal deficit into a win?
Huge challenge for Woori.
How to put 2 grand final losses behind them, Gembrooks biggest challenge.
Amazing to think that 5 weeks ago, Woori knocked off Gembrook, they obviously watched the game a few times and eradicated any deficiencies that Woori exposed.
Can Woori find another game style that will beat Gembrook?
Buggered if I know, to hard or maybe I just don't have a clue so tipping a draw.

On an easier game, Collingwood by 15 points.
They will never really be challenged but won't be able to put the nail in the coffin until 1 minute to go.

Unders:
Wandin by a couple of goals, seemed like they had the edge over the tigers for most of the day in the second semi and reckon they will be just a touch too good. The bigger seasoned body of Ladner to carry him to best on just ahead of the silky mcgookin off half back with big cam wangman to kick a bag.
Twos:
Who cares as long as they punch each other up to keep everyone occupied from 12 till 2.
Ones:
Unfortunatly have the feeling this could be a blow out. Gembrook just have the look of a team who knows its their time, not much between these sides throughout the year but the wealth of experience that gembrook possess was telling in their semi and I struggle to see the young tigers turning the tables.
Gembrook by 8 goals, N Brown best on.

The Brookers are very focussed for the game as they would be. A text was sent out yesterday to all members that a lock out of all supporters from the players that will begin from half time of the reserves. No supporters will have acces to any players until after the game and arent allowed into the rooms at all. Good move to keep the players on the job.

Boogers have had a great run into grany but wether it's an advantage is debatable. A few weeks to ponder on the past two failed attempts at a flag. The Boogers deserve to be favorites, but with the young tigers enthusiasm and raw talent, maybe, just maybe a win for them is not out of the question. If they can weather the hail of snot early and stay in touch, they just may hand the boogers their hatrick! :thumbsu:

Disappointing performance by the umpires following the conclusion of the Under Eighteens’ Grand Final. As soon as they had received their Grand Final medallions the umpires quit the scene, failing to stick around while the victorious Wandin team were presented with their premiership medallions and premiership flag. It certainly showed scant respect for the players who had done so well to win. Fortunately the Upwey players, although having lost, showed greater manners and sense of respect as they remained on the ground for the whole time. At best, it was an unfortunate brain-fade from the umpires; at worst it showed a touch of arrogance. A poor show all round and one that drew some angry responses from many of those present.

Courageous Woori, downright bloody courageous. To pick yourself up from the 2nd semi like you did, and knock off the teams you have over the past 2 weeks is just purely an incredibly courageous effort. Personally, I think it's one of the bigger boilovers in living memory. Gembrook has absolutely no excuses this year, they had tough runs in the last 2 seasons finals series, played outstanding footy and just came up short. This year, no excuses ! Can't believe it to be honest !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Local talent wins the day again. Woori had five under 18s in today. Amazing effort.
Awesome effort yesterday
Wazza 2 years in a row you w***er you got sooooo wrong
Feel abit sorry for Rick Clark , great player and good bloke but how do you turn that around
I'm going to bother dragging up quotes suggesting woori would finish bottom 3 early in the year
It just made it even sweeter!!!!!!
Thanks tees I think most of the players read your post last night at the rooms with a smile

Courageous Woori, downright bloody courageous. To pick yourself up from the 2nd semi like you did, and knock off the teams you have over the past 2 weeks is just purely an incredibly courageous effort. Personally, I think it's one of the bigger boilovers in living memory. Gembrook has absolutely no excuses this year, they had tough runs in the last 2 seasons finals series, played outstanding footy and just came up short. This year, no excuses ! Can't believe it to be honest !!
Well said Tees. Could not agree more. If Woori could have chosen a ground & conditions to suit them, yesterday would have been it. HOWEVER they still had to execute. The way Gembrook started, the Tigers just hung in there until 1/2 time and then went BANG!! Great to see a lot of local young kids achieve something amazing.

Bad luck to our boys. Good effort to get there from 5th. With Thursday night looking more like a hospital ward than a training session not an ideal preparation. To fight back after Healesville got the jump, & to get in front in the 3rd qtr was a good fighting effort. Just ran out of legs in the end. Congrats to Healesville. In what was clearly the worst year for the club with being relegated for the first time ever, it was great to see them hit back and take home a flag. Best of luck next year Bloods and hope to see you back in 2014

By the way, my original post wasn't a so much a shot at Gembrook, although it wouldn't require a brain surgeon to figure out they have missed a golden opportunity to crack it finally at the top level.

More just an admiration for a side that has had nothing but issues late in the year with injury and unavailable stars, chucking kids in at the end when it would seem almost suicide, bouncing back from a 20+ goal 2nd semi smacking, being very, very strongly challenged by Upwey late in the Prelim and still having the courage to press on and win, the reported post game "wreckage" after the Prelim that saw virtually every player wrapped in ice from head to toe and unable to move, and to then respond to an early 2nd term 4 goal deficit in the GF and run their opposition off their feet and smash them by 6 goals !!!

Have I missed anything here ? They're just the things I know about ! It is truly one of the most courageous and outstanding GF results in living YV memory...

Tis all...

PS - well done Shockers, hope you have a 1 week hangover and the kids wake you at 6am everyday lol

By the way, my original post wasn't a so much a shot at Gembrook, although it wouldn't require a brain surgeon to figure out they have missed a golden opportunity to crack it finally at the top level.

More just an admiration for a side that has had nothing but issues late in the year with injury and unavailable stars, chucking kids in at the end when it would seem almost suicide, bouncing back from a 20+ goal 2nd semi smacking, being very, very strongly challenged by Upwey late in the Prelim and still having the courage to press on and win, the reported post game "wreckage" after the Prelim that saw virtually every player wrapped in ice from head to toe and unable to move, and to then respond to an early 2nd term 4 goal deficit in the GF and run their opposition off their feet and smash them by 6 goals !!!

Have I missed anything here ? They're just the things I know about ! It is truly one of the most courageous and outstanding GF results in living YV memory...

Tis all...

PS - well done Shockers, hope you have a 1 week hangover and the kids wake you at 6am everyday lol

Certainly a big effort, Tees we agree again.

Any word on the fall out at the Brookers, they would appear to have had it on a plate, maybe that was the problem, thought they had it won before game was actually played.

Boogers have had a great run into grany but wether it's an advantage is debatable. A few weeks to ponder on the past two failed attempts at a flag. The Boogers deserve to be favorites, but with the young tigers enthusiasm and raw talent, maybe, just maybe a win for them is not out of the question. If they can weather the hail of snot early and stay in touch, they just may hand the boogers their hatrick! :thumbsu:

And that's what they did!!! Well done Woori, an awesome effort. Can see a few more coming your way over the next few years if those young fellas stick around which I can't see why they wouldn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back