2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Beechworth vs Barnawartha - Still a buffer for the Tigers from the challengers and a win here, as expected, against the Bushrangers will all but shut the door on any others wanting to take their finals spot.
Kiewa Sandy Creek vs Dederang Mt Beauty - With top spot still not sewn up, expect the Hawks to be ruthless against the Bombers whose season will be over with a loss here.
Mitta United vs Wodonga Saints - The saints memory of last week's inaugural win will be a distant memory after the Mountain Men have finished with them as the home side still wants the top spot - naturally.
Rutherglen vs Chiltern - Looking for a percentage boost, the Swans should be able to get a few extra points with a solid win here ove rthe Cats.
Tallangatta vs Thurgoona - The Bulldogs are another teams till eyeing the top spot and a big win here over the Grasshoppers would be a good fillip.
Wahgunyah vs Yackandandah - The Lions have been good of late, even accounting for their injury toll, and a win here over the Kangas could see them move into the top half of the competition as compensation.

Beechworth vs Barnawartha - Still a buffer for the Tigers from the challengers and a win here, as expected, against the Bushrangers will all but shut the door on any others wanting to take their finals spot.
Kiewa Sandy Creek vs Dederang Mt Beauty - With top spot still not sewn up, expect the Hawks to be ruthless against the Bombers whose season will be over with a loss here.
Mitta United vs Wodonga Saints - The saints memory of last week's inaugural win will be a distant memory after the Mountain Men have finished with them as the home side still wants the top spot - naturally.
Rutherglen vs Chiltern - Looking for a percentage boost, the Swans should be able to get a few extra points with a solid win here ove rthe Cats.
Tallangatta vs Thurgoona - The Bulldogs are another teams till eyeing the top spot and a big win here over the Grasshoppers would be a good fillip.
Wahgunyah vs Yackandandah - The Lions have been good of late, even accounting for their injury toll, and a win here over the Kangas could see them move into the top half of the competition as compensation.

So the run home is well truly and on....

Top 5 is set but will the order change?????? Who is the side outside the 5 that can shape it?

What was the final wash up of the Beggs incident from Thurgoona?

Chiltern vs Wahgunyah - The Lions have been kings at home and pussy away this season and visit the Swans who still have designs on the double chance.
Dederang Mt Beauty vs Barnawartha - The Tigers can still in theory drop of of the finals but in reality that won't happen and they should be able to ground the Bombers.
Kiewa Sandy Creek vs Wodonga Saints - Could get real ugly for the Saints up at the Hawks nest.
Mitta Uited vs Tallangatta - Another game that could have a big points differentail this time seeing the Mountain Men squashing the pesky Grasshoppers
Rutherglen vs Thurgoona - Can't see the Bulldogs being upstaged by the Cats here.
Yackandandah vs Beechworth - For no particular reason giving the Bushrangers the nod here to cull the Kangaroos.

Well the top 5 is set, its just a question of finishing order now. Some massive games coming up over the next 2 weeks. This weekend we have Chiltern v KSC and Thurgoona v Mitta. Then in the last round Thurgoona v KSC and Barny v Chiltern. Due to an inferior %, Mitta would need 1 more win than KSC to pinch top spot off the hawks. While Chiltern would probably need to win both their games and have Thurgoona lose both to sneak into the top 3. The dogs look to be getting back to their best (experienced that first hand on the weekend) as everyone expected they would. If Chiltern can upset the in-form hawks and the dogs can get over Mitta then it sets up a possible playoff for top spot between KSC & Thurgoona in the last round (Although Mitta's % is superior to Thurgoona's and they have Beechworth in the last round). Still 3 teams that can mathematically finish on top but in my opinion it would take a brave tipster to predict the ladder positions within the top 5 will change. Leaving Chiltern and Barny likely to face each other in consecutive weeks

Barnawartha vs Tallangatta - With their finals spot safe the Tigers should be relaxed in squashing the Grasshoppers.
Beechworth vs Wahgunyah - The Lions are playing good football at the oment and should account for the Bushrangers.
Chiltern vs Kiewa Sandy Creek - A potential finals preview with the Hawks needing to overcome the Swans to keep that top spot.
Dederang Mt Beauty vs Yackandandah - With their seasons over the Bombers and Kangaroos are playing for pride.
Wodonga Saints vs Rutherglen - Giving the young Saints the nod to register their second win for the season here over the Cats.
Thurgoona vs Mitta United - This is a finals preview with both wanting to gain the advantage and giving the Bulldogs the nod here over the Mountain Men.

whats everyones thoughts on coaching positions for next season? chiltern, mitta. wodonga saints, beechworth, wahgunyah, rutherglen, would appear to be sorted after appointing coaches last year. Tallangatta also appointed a coach at the start of the year but i'd suspect they'll be on the lookout again. Will Richo stay at kiewa? They've picked up a lot of good local kids late in the season and dont appear to be dropping off in the future. If thurgoona fail to get the chocolates will Gooba get shown the door? can they afford him and other blokes next season? Twyrcross has been at dederang for a few years now with no real evidence of success. Demarte in a similar situation at barny? Clayto i beleive has been great at yack but they would really want to see some finals action next season. could be a very interesting behind the scenes towards the end of the season.

Any further news on the coaching front, Dederang is advertising and from what i hear has interviewed at least 2 prospective coaches for next year, as Twycross informed them he was standing down about a month ago, they may have the jump on other clubs who are still waiting for current coaches to commit

Any further news on the coaching front, Dederang is advertising and from what i hear has interviewed at least 2 prospective coaches for next year, as Twycross informed them he was standing down about a month ago, they may have the jump on other clubs who are still waiting for current coaches to commit
My mail has the two guys interviewed as being Marc Almond and Clint Gilson. Beechworth apparently sacked Nick Dillon a little while back so I'd say they will be in the market as well

My mail has the two guys interviewed as being Marc Almond and Clint Gilson. Beechworth apparently sacked Nick Dillon a little while back so I'd say they will be in the market as well

Either one of those two would be a pretty good choice, Had heard that about Dillion,Beechworth have done a good job keeping it quiet what happenned i have heard that there could be police charges to come from whatever happened

Either one of those two would be a pretty good choice, Had heard that about Dillion,Beechworth have done a good job keeping it quiet what happenned i have heard that there could be police charges to come from whatever happened
Not sure about police charges but have heard he isn't allowed to set foot in the football ground

Not sure about police charges but have heard he isn't allowed to set foot in the football ground

so what actually happened at beechworth? or is it bad enough to not be discussed in this thread?

i have heard recently that richo wont be doing the job at kiewa again next year. his decision, not the clubs. apparently one of the sheathers has shown interest in the job. not sure how accurate this is.
were any clubs speaking to josh walker from wodonga? it appears he's off to jindera. not sure how much cash jindera has but does anyone think he'll try and get some of the ex doggies players in the tdfl to jump ship?

so what actually happened at beechworth? or is it bad enough to not be discussed in this thread?

i have heard recently that richo wont be doing the job at kiewa again next year. his decision, not the clubs. apparently one of the sheathers has shown interest in the job. not sure how accurate this is.
were any clubs speaking to josh walker from wodonga? it appears he's off to jindera. not sure how much cash jindera has but does anyone think he'll try and get some of the ex doggies players in the tdfl to jump ship?

Apparently Dillion decided he would take $7k from the footy trip and other club funds and blow it on the punt any truth of this? Pretty poor if it's true not only is he stealing from the club but most of the money was his so called 'mates' & 'team mates'!

The close-out round for seven teams with six of these in the same position at the end of last season. And congrats to the Hawks and Bulldogs as the only teams to have been in the finals each of the past four seasons.

Barnawartha vs Chiltern - A dress rehersal for next weeks Elimination Final and I've liked the Swans all season and suspect they can hunt down the Tigers.
Beechworth vs Mitta United - With top spot touchable but not gainable due to percentage think the Mountain Men will just glide thru this one against the Bushrangers.
Wodonga Saints vs Dederang Mt Beauty - The Bombers in a comfortable one here against teh Saints.
Tallangatta vs Yackandandah - The kangaroos to eat the pesky Grasshoppers.
Thurgoona vs Kiewa Sandy Creek - The bark appears to be back in the Doggies at the moment but just think that the Hawks may be that bit too strong across the ground and pluck out the four points.
Wahgunyah vs Rutherglen - The Lions have the dubious honor of being the best team outside the finals and should therefore account for the pussy Cats.

Hi all,
League presentation night tonight.
Anyone willing to have a crack at a medal winner, top 3 or even a roughie ??
Your thoughts on a possible team of the year ?
Be interesting to see what people's thoughts are.
My tip which who is paying about $1.50 is mitta onballer Nathan reynoldson clearly !!
Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a couple of interesting results from the weekend. chiltern well and truly too strong for barny, and thurgoona big winners over kiewa. i noticed thurgoona kept kiewa goaless in the first and last quarters. i missed the game, did anyone see it? sounds like thurgoona are over the wobbles and starting to hit form at the right time. should be a cracker against mitta on saturday. its meant to get pretty wet later in the week which i think will suit mitta.

interesting to see that Bright wants to join the TDFL next year. anyone on the inside know what the league thinks about this? i imagine the o&k would be fuming about it.

In regards to the league count tonight, I think Renyoldson is a clear cut favourite but the umpires have a habit of making for some intersting results at times over the past few years so I won't pencil it in.

What are everyones thoughts on the finals series? Is it a three horse race? I still think Kiewa are the ones to beat but any of the top three winning would not be a surprise. Also think Barny could cause a massive upset this week against chiltern. Word is the ground out there is in the best condition it has been for many years too, which is we would all agree about time.

On another topic, which club has been the biggest dissapointment of the year? I though Dederang would of given the finals a fair nudge this year and obviously Yack have not made any significant improvments despite so big recruits.

As for Bright joining the league, I have heard this mentioned a few times throughout the year. I'm not sure what to make of it. Bright seems to be maybe a bit to far away from the region for clubs like say Thurgoona, Tallangatta, Mitta etc. Plus a 13 team comp would mean a whole restructure of the finals series not to mention other logistical problems. Having said that, it may further strengthen the league which would be beneficial.

Almond is their first choice if he doesnt go to Corowa but i wonder whether DMB have the funds to match the budget Almond had to spend at Howlong. Either would be a better pick up than what they currently have, Giily would also likely be able to bring some ex upper murray boys (Jarvis, Tyrell etc) closer to town than where walbundrie is.

Almond is their first choice if he doesnt go to Corowa but i wonder whether DMB have the funds to match the budget Almond had to spend at Howlong. Either would be a better pick up than what they currently have, Giily would also likely be able to bring some ex upper murray boys (Jarvis, Tyrell etc) closer to town than where walbundrie is.

Looks like your not a fan of the current coach CHUCKY didnt think he did to bad a job with a list that has no stars or houshold names in it, they have shown marked improvment from where they were when he took over and looks like they are in a lot better shape for someone new to come in than when he took over

Looks like your not a fan of the current coach CHUCKY didnt think he did to bad a job with a list that has no stars or houshold names in it, they have shown marked improvment from where they were when he took over and looks like they are in a lot better shape for someone new to come in than when he took over
Far from, Twycross has done a good job with a limited list with barely a top liner amongst them. Unfortunately O and M 2's aren't much chop these days and can't be relied to lift their teams into premiership contention. If Almond (or Gilly) can bring a few top shelf types with him I can't see why they can't contend for finals next year. Any news on whether the Saints will be relocating to Baranduda?

I think this is wrong I think he had a solid list there but i heard he did not have the respect from the players and they got bored with his training and game day stuff, to have a list there with simsX2, gentile, hill, Mansell,jones and Powell(bushrangers) i think finals should have been made. I also heard if he did not step down he would have been shown door because of most players leaving... Now in saying that they keep all them players retain the rest of there list and get say a almond who will deff bring players with him next year they go straight to a finals team.... If you don't get almond or gilson you would won't to hurry up and find a coach because there are a lot of clubs in the market to get a new coach... Only saying almond and gilson because there the names that have been put up on here... If josh walker gets the jindera job does jones go with him used to b house mates when played together at wodonga.. Anyway dederang will sort that out its finals time are we all staying with our pre season picks with who we said would win it.... My dogs coming good at the right time

Far from, Twycross has done a good job with a limited list with barely a top liner amongst them. Unfortunately O and M 2's aren't much chop these days and can't be relied to lift their teams into premiership contention. If Almond (or Gilly) can bring a few top shelf types with him I can't see why they can't contend for finals next year. Any news on whether the Saints will be relocating to Baranduda?

I think this is wrong I think he had a solid list there but i heard he did not have the respect from the players and they got bored with his training and game day stuff, to have a list there with simsX2, gentile, hill, Mansell,jones and Powell(bushrangers) i think finals should have been made. I also heard if he did not step down he would have been shown door because of most players leaving... Now in saying that they keep all them players retain the rest of there list and get say a almond who will deff bring players with him next year they go straight to a finals team.... If you don't get almond or gilson you would won't to hurry up and find a coach because there are a lot of clubs in the market to get a new coach... Only saying almond and gilson because there the names that have been put up on here... If josh walker gets the jindera job does jones go with him used to b house mates when played together at wodonga.. Anyway dederang will sort that out its finals time are we all staying with our pre season picks with who we said would win it.... My dogs coming good at the right time

couldnt be futher from the truth buddy, Michael Sims played 6 games his shoulder popped out 4 times gentile and hill would struggle to get games in the top 3 sides Mansell, and Jones had ok seasons and Powell is a kid that broke his Jaw early in the season and played some good games late in the season.As for him being shown the door he had all contracted players commited to 2013 before his decision to stand down and as for Jones going with Walker shows how much you know whats happens they dont even talk to one onther How do i know all this I actually play there. Dogs to loose both finals and straight out

If you are a player then and you say they are all signed up, I find this very hard to believe having talked to a few dederang players myself and they say what I posted last time about training and other stuff...they are not signed up mate and i bet you will lose players. Hill gentile your right what you say about them, Mansell plays 1 good game against saints then can't get a kick against good sides, didn't know about the sims with shoulder problems but u didn't mention his brother he looked real good the few times I seen them. Powell is a kid I would put time into and jones is in any teams best 21 every time I seen him he played good...He is the only one i would take but not this because my doggies are back you say we will go out in straight sets and I say see the hawks in 2 weeks

couldnt be futher from the truth buddy, Michael Sims played 6 games Whis shoulder popped out 4 times gentile and hill would struggle to get games in the top 3 sides Mansell, and Jones had ok seasons and Powell is a kid that broke his Jaw early in the season and played some good games late in the season.As for him being shown the door he had all contracted players commited to 2013 before his decision to stand down and as for Jones going with Walker shows how much you know whats happens they dont even talk to one onther How do i know all this I actually play there. Dogs to loose both finals and straight out

News is Saints to get there own rooms at #2. If so would be a big boost for the club.

News is Saints to get there own rooms at #2. If so would be a big boost for the club.
Martin Park 2 or Baranduda 2? I think if Walker decides to take a few mates from the TDFL over to Jindera they might be surprised in the difference in leagues. I think some of those mentioned players would be a bit too slow and unfit for the cream of the midfielders in the Hume league on the bigger, open grounds. Hopefully those boys stick loyal to DMB and push up into finals action next season.
My predictions for the weekend are
Thurgoona by 5 points over Mitta
Chiltern by 30 points over Barny

Looking forward to seeing how the Sandy Creek ground comes up for this finals series.:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back