2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

For those of you who are interstate or arent going to be able to make it tommorrow, i've tried to upload a pic of the ground that was on facebook last night. its in fantastic condition thanks to the great work of steve knight. i'm pretty sure he has done all the ground work this season as a volunteer so if you happen to see him around, give him a pat on the back.

SANDY CREEK.PNG

Good luck to all the teams tommorrow.

Grand Final
Mitta United vs Thurgoona. The Mountain Men turned around their home and away form against the Bulldogs to win a very close Qualifying Final and with the advantage of the week's rest should be able to again prove that bit steadier in the closing stages of what should be a close and entertaining finale to the season.

Ground is looking magnificent, weather meant to be equally good too, all makes for a fantastic GF. A club which has more premierships than you can poke a stick at compared to one with an empty chest is an interesting subplot to this one. Tough to pick a winner, but don't discount the extra motivation for the dogs after losing last year. I think this puts more pressure on them actually. Having said that I think dogs will win in an epic! Get down there!

Dogs by 12

Congrats to the league for getting Sandy Creek in great shape for this years finals series. Regardless of whether the g/f is moved into town at least they were big enough to know the club/supporters weren't happy with the venue and did something about it. Well done!:thumbsu:

Almond at the bombers does that mean Bradshaws will come across? Maybe it was a plan from the start to allow Matt to go across to howlong in return for Almond to coach 2013 ? How much coin do they have will be the big question? How many Bombers will stay is another thing?

For those of you who are interstate or arent going to be able to make it tommorrow, i've tried to upload a pic of the ground that was on facebook last night. its in fantastic condition thanks to the great work of steve knight. i'm pretty sure he has done all the ground work this season as a volunteer so if you happen to see him around, give him a pat on the back.

View attachment 3781

Good luck to all the teams tommorrow.

Maybe they should play cricket on it this year. Gotta be better then Kiewa's ground?

Thurgoona on a massive spree! Signed jason sheather as coach and bringing fowler, bush and daly!

Maybe they should look in to purchasing some ticker because that's what they were lacking GF day. Have never seen a team throw in the towel so easily. Embarrassing really.

Thurgoona on a massive spree! Signed jason sheather as coach and bringing fowler, bush and daly!

Couldnt see Daly leaving the O&M, and isnt the whispers Fowler to Kiewa? Bushy i could see going as he is some relation to thurgoona's president. Culcairn has lost a few boys to Thurgoona over the years, and word is they are about to lose a few more.

Couldnt see Daly leaving the O&M, and isnt the whispers Fowler to Kiewa? Bushy i could see going as he is some relation to thurgoona's president. Culcairn has lost a few boys to Thurgoona over the years, and word is they are about to lose a few more.
Daly will either be playing for Albury or coaching Howlong in 2013, Stevens departure from Albury might even give him a chance to have a coaching role with the tigers. Fowler at either Kiewa or in retirement and on the board at Albury.

What's happening at Rutherglen? Coach has quit, Hatton taking over. Ian Kay, Linday Seymor and Sean Curtis all pulling the pin. My tip is Tallangatta V's Rutherglen for the wooden spoon in 2013!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's happening at Rutherglen? Coach has quit, Hatton taking over. Ian Kay, Linday Seymor and Sean Curtis all pulling the pin. My tip is Tallangatta V's Rutherglen for the wooden spoon in 2013!
As I said in a previous post, I heard that Seymour is retiring, Kay is not travelling back from Melbourne and Curtis has signed with his old club. Didn't know about the coaching situation but if true I cant see The cats wining many more than about 3 games and thats being generous. Also found it quite amusing that Mark Sarau had a bit of a pot shot at the cats in the BMM the other day saying that he thought he done OK at Rutherglen and was excited about coaching Barnawartha because Rutherglen never had the calibre of players that Barny have. Bit rough on some of the players he coached I thought, might upset a few one would think

As I said in a previous post, I heard that Seymour is retiring, Kay is not travelling back from Melbourne and Curtis has signed with his old club. Didn't know about the coaching situation but if true I cant see The cats wining many more than about 3 games and thats being generous. Also found it quite amusing that Mark Sarau had a bit of a pot shot at the cats in the BMM the other day saying that he thought he done OK at Rutherglen and was excited about coaching Barnawartha because Rutherglen never had the calibre of players that Barny have. Bit rough on some of the players he coached I thought, might upset a few one would think
Also set to lose Van Berlo to Bushrangers, O'Keefe and Fiedler are also probably not travelling back to play. That makes it 6 starting senior players( there whole midfield, CHF, FF) out of a team who were already scraping the bottom of the barrel. Trying 12 months ahead for the cats one would assume

Heard a rumour Beechworth might be battling it out with Rutherglen, Wodonga and Tallangatta next year for "The Spoon". Big dramas at the club. Apparently the committee are well and truly out of favour. Looking like losing at least another 3-4 good players to follow on from last year. Have already let at least one good prospective coach go whilst pinning their hopes on Andy Carey coming back to coach.

Bradshaw's have told Howlong they want to stay instead of going to Dederang....the spiders are unsure if they can afford them as they are chasing Daly and O'Connell from Albury.

Heard a rumour Beechworth might be battling it out with Rutherglen, Wodonga and Tallangatta next year for "The Spoon". Big dramas at the club. Apparently the committee are well and truly out of favour. Looking like losing at least another 3-4 good players to follow on from last year. Have already let at least one good prospective coach go whilst pinning their hopes on Andy Carey coming back to coach.
Y
Bradshaw's have told Howlong they want to stay instead of going to Dederang....the spiders are unsure if they can afford them as they are chasing Daly and O'Connell from Albury.
Steve Bradshaw has signed at DMB as an assistant coach so not sure whee u got that info from Johnny.

Rip vanwinkel who was the prospective coach they let go? the reason i ask is on another site a bloke put in for it but came second so to speak but asks if there is anyone out there looking to kick start their coaching career he recommends the Beechworth F.C. he believes what they want to do is heading in the rite direction but states thats his opinion only.As i said on that site he is brave or silly because he puts his name to what he posts not like us

Rip vanwinkel who was the prospective coach they let go? the reason i ask is on another site a bloke put in for it but came second so to speak but asks if there is anyone out there looking to kick start their coaching career he recommends the Beechworth F.C. he believes what they want to do is heading in the rite direction but states thats his opinion only.As i said on that site he is brave or silly because he puts his name to what he posts not like us

What is going on at the Lions den? Have heard that there is up to 15 players leaving the club,and around 10 were in their best 22 this year!!!!,any truth in this? Rutherglen has signed up former Corowa-rutherglen forward Nathan Thomas,should be a handy pick up

Just new to the area this league seems to be made up of the haves an the have-nots when it comes to money and the only reason i ask is that i work with a bloke that plays in the league and he told what sort of money players can get based on what level of footy they have played.I've been told clubs can spend up-to $50.000-$70,000 on player is that true?

Max(The Toecutter)Duncan is the guy that you are after his name LJ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back