2010 - The Monday Wrap Threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Monday Wrap (Round 16)

This is where you can tell the world how you went in SC this weekend. (FB Donkey must be waylaid somehow so I will sub in for him again).

Score: 2102

Overall ranking: 5386 (from 5642)

Heroes: Swan, Hodge, Gilbee, HShaw, Montagna, Pendlebury, Goodes, ROK

Villains: Enright, Podsiadly, Ablett (c), Brown, Judd, Clark

League Status: 8-5, 7-6, 8-5 (should make finals in all 3)

Injury concerns: Franklin, Dal Santo, Shuey

Trades: Most likely none this again week. Watching Riewoldt closely.

Vent: WTF has Pavlich gone? Picking Enright over Malceski 3 weeks ago has cost me about 170 points :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: Why did I pick Ablett as C when he had had that injury cloud? Dammit!

Kudos: Adam Goodes again. Gumby for covering Buddy with 79.

Thoughts: A low scoring round compounded with Dal Santo's late scratching. I only had Stevenson's 54 to cover. Still have trades up my sleeve but not sure yet what the right next move is so may hang tight for one more week and reassess injuries and Riewoldt next week. My big call for the week is that Pods has jumped the shark but we'll see how he goes back at Skilled Stadium.

PS: well done to Rusman ranked 1 :thumbsu:

Re: The Monday Wrap (round 17)

Score: 2062

Overall ranking: 32,091

Heroes: LeCras!! Hodge, Selwood,

Villains: Enright, Shepherd, Maguire and Ablett (c)

League Status: 5, 9, 8

Injury concerns: NDS + my mid bench cover Shuey + Gysberts! copped the 0

Trades: only 2 left and no cash in the kitty so will look at downgrading Skipper maybe and upgrading Shepherd. not sure though - really need some mid cover so may look at using 1 trade for a sideways there. don't want to though...

Vent: NDS for pulling out at the last minute and Ablett for under 100 score for the 2nd week in a row

Kudos: LeCras - 226 - Awesome!

Thoughts: i hate this game sometimes :p

Score: 2099

Overall ranking: low 14000's - was high 14000's

Heroes: Hodge+C, Selwood, Pendlebury, Boyd, Stanton, Goodes, O'Keeffe

Villains: Sub-premium DEF's, Gibbs, my other Cats, my Dockers.

League Status: 3rd in a very hard fought top 4.

Injury concerns: Franklin - still holding Barlow & Hille but ready to trade.

Trades: None again. 2 easy wins to finish the season, then use remaining 4 trades on removing Hille & Barlow and upgrading all lines except Ruc.

Vent: The cats & dockers underperformers.

Kudos: Adam Goodes again. Hodge and more Hodge.

Thoughts: Just sitting out the year, waiting with my trades and then, assuming no LTI, bringing in some premiums (JB or Roo in fwd, Ablett or Judd or NDS in mid, Enright or Newman or Scotland in Def)

P.S. finished 90th in fox using the wildcard.

Score: 2041 (NDS shaped donut)

Overall ranking: slipped to 1193

Heroes: Hodge, Swan, Joey, Boyd, Goodes, Rockliffe (filling in)

Villains: Enright, Ablett (C), Pavlich

League Status: 2/2/1 - Game clear in div 15 but playing 2nd in the last round for minor premiership

Injury concerns: Pods, Mooney back and Motlop returning

Trades: Things are tight at the moment, no bench cover in mids but want to upgrade D7 and F7

Vent: Be nice to see a stat on late withdrawls this season, My first year focussing on SuperCoach so I might just be more aware of them but it feels like they are increasing. Oh and Duffield, i need him to score below 113 to win my home league... dominated the first half and I thought I was sunk, then he falls asleep in the third and i thought I was safe, he had to make 40+ points in the last and he DOES it!!!!

Kudos: Goodes, i've almost forgotten the 16. Richmond for having players OD and get suspended so Webberly can keep getting a game.

Thoughts: I still want overall ranking, but with the season winding down and finals upon us I also would like to win that. Need to decide now....

Re: The Monday Wrap (Round 17)

Score: 2118

Overall ranking: 3543 up 261 on last week/

Heroes: Selwood, Hodge, Swan, Montagna, Lake, ROK

Villains: Enright, Pods, Gazza, Bartel, Simpson and Franklin for not playing.

League Status: won by 49 pts after a few nervous moments. Up to 5th but not assured of a finals spot unless I win this week.

Injury concerns: Franklin, Nason, maybe Pods and Gazza.

Trades: Most likely none this week.

Vent: Kade Simpson. First 2 weeks after I get you in you spud it up. Starting to wish I had taken Hayes instead.

Kudos: Selwood for being a star in a losing side. Think I have found my new captain. Fyfe for covering Franklin decently so I still win my league match.

Thoughts: Think I will try and hold onto my trades for finals. At 5 and 40k, I can't afford to go too hard this week. Hunt is doing ok at D7 but may upgrade Webberley straight to gun depending on where he peaks. One of Fyfe/Murphy/Rockliff may need an upgrade but again I think I'll wait until finals.

Score: 2,173

Overall ranking: 14,462 (up 2,610)

Heroes: Hodge, Swan, Montagna, Boyd, Ball, Mitchell, ROK

Villains: Enright, Gilbert, Waters, Ablett, Ryder, Podsiadly, Brown, Gia

League Status: 1st, 6th, 1st

Injury concerns: Shuey, Gysberts

Trades: None planned, 5 trades and 135k left

Vent: Some truly shit efforts by a few "premiums"

Kudos: Swan for being a much better captain than Ablett

Thoughts: Much better than last weeks 1,854, but still not good enough.

Score: 2076

Overall ranking: 5758, down 8 (I'm impressed at the lack of movement).

Heroes: Hodge, Swan, Goodes (finally!). Hams? WTF?

Villains: Enright, Pods, Gilbert, Higgins, Pavlich.

League Status: Lost two, won one. Still solidly in the top 8 of all three.

Injury concerns: Franklin, NDS.

Trades: Zero, hopefully.

Vent: Switch Ablett out of captain, which was right... but for Goddard, which wasn't much better. Not to mention the first week in quite some time where all my front line players were selected until NDS and Franklin were late pull-outs. Not to mention Hams, who scored my third highest score, was sitting on the pine.

Kudos: Goodes for having turned the corner. Swan for being super consistent.

Thoughts: Who to pick as captain? Maybe Swan next time. Ablett is going to destroy us though. Reiwoldt looking a likely pick-up for Higgins (hopefully) too.

Score: 2118

Overall ranking: 4740 (from 5139)

Heroes: Hodge, H Shaw, Montagna, J Selwood, Goodes, ROK, Deledio, W Skipper,

Villains: Enright, Podsiadly, Ablett (c), Judd, Gilbert, Waters, Pavlich

League Status: 3rd (10-3), 2nd (10-3), 2nd (BF Div11) (10-3)
Injury concerns: G Ablett (heart muscle)
Trades: 2 trades left, keeping for injuries or if luck is on my side injury wise, double trade for prelim final.

Vent: Picking Ablett as capt, the hunger has gone in his game, do not expect massive 150+ scores from now on in... Also Tippett's 5 free kicks against, scores of 23 are not acceptable.. Enright cant break a tag, concerned about him for the remainder of year..

Kudos: Wayde Skipper you legend.. Tippett didnt fire a shot as I subbed him in my fwd line, but Skipper stood up and wanted to be counted with a monstrous score of 149.. I have a selection problem this week, who is my 2nd ruck, Tippett or Skipper?? Tippett must make way for Buddy in fwd line.
Thoughts: My side is set and seems to be very settled, am looking for a big score this week, hope all the geel boys score tons for me (c'mon Ablett, you cant let LeCras have the highest SC score for the year)..
Seriously thinking of putting Pods captain this week, he will kick 10 against the lions.. Back at Skilled Stadium as well.. Decisions, Decisions..

Score: 2180

Overall ranking: 5596 up 1,231

Heroes: Hodge, Montagna, J Selwood, Goodes, ROK, Cross, M Murphy, Pendlebury, Gilbee,

Villains: Enright, Podsiadly, Ablett (c), Waters, Pavlich

League Status: 1st (13-0), 3rd (9-4), 4th (10-3)

Injury concerns:
Hall

Trades: 4 trades 10k so not too much this week

Vent: Picking Ablett as captain especially as I was seriously thinking about Selwood. Waters should be scoring better then 40. What's up with the Pav?

Kudos: Loving the work of Hodge and Cross, the consistency of Murph, Goodes bouncing back and Gumbleton finally doing something.

Thoughts: Very happy about having virtually a full strength side for the first time in 3 weeks. Hearing Hall could be back this week is a bonus too. The captaincy issue is on the go with a mass of options as Ablett is clearly not in the right frame of mind. Cue Super Selwood :thumbsu: 2 easy games in the cash league remaining so this could be fun!

Score: 2179

Overall ranking: 1,585 (up 361 places)

Heroes: Hodge (c), Swan, Selwood & Murphy :thumbsu:

Villains: Enright, Waters, Gaz, NDS, Pav, Pods & Brown-dawg :thumbsdown:

League Status: 4th (9-4), 1st (11-2) & 1st (13-0)

Injury concerns: Nicky Dal, Buddy & Brown

Trades: At this stage none. But I like the look of Waters > Broughton/Duffield :D

Vent: Gary, Gary, Gary. Not so bad this week as I decided to give the captaincy to Hodge/Selwood, but mate...please get out of your sub-100 limbo! Waters as a D6/7 doesn't look to be working either, hence my desire to trade to a Freo GUN! Oh and the late NDS withdrawal :mad:

Kudos: Captain Hodge! Thought I'd made a massive blue when Selwood scored 145, but thankfully, you trumped it with your 153!

Thoughts: Only three trades left :eek: Got $300k in the bank, and need two players (preferably) to make my team complete. But somehow, leaving one for Finals/LTIs doesn't seem smart :rolleyes:

Thanks Hondo, i had a big weekend and didnt get a chance to put it up.

Score: 2106

Overall ranking: 2317 (up about 100)

Heroes: Swan, Hodge, Gilbee, Pendlebury, Goodes, ROK, Kennelly, Murphy, Selwood, Gumby

Villains: Enright, Podsiadly, Ablett (c), Brown, Judd, Buddy, Hall, Donut in the forward line.

League Status: 6th, 2nd, 3rd. Sitting 1st overall in Tooserious50 which is nice :)

Injury concerns: Franklin, Hall, Shuey, Gysberts, Hughes

Trades: I wish i could get someone playing on my midfield bench but will just hold trades this week. I can only afford 1 injured player per week in my forward line so i hope 2 of Pods, Buddy, Hall play

Vent: Picking Ablett as captain because the alternatives didnt look good enough. Should have just backed the untaggable Swan!
I have had to cop a donut in my forward line for the 2nd week in a row.

Kudos: Gumby. As a bombers man i really need him to become a frigin superstar!!! And Kennelly for back to back tons

Thoughts: Pretty happy to move up the rankings 2 weeks in a row with a donut both weeks. I think NDS pulling out probably helped my comparative score. Hopefully i can get 22 on the park this week and move into the top 2k.

well done to Rusman ranked 1 :thumbsu: Ship the 50k

YSCCE all the way :D

Score: 2189
Overall ranking: 510 (from 649)
Heroes: Swan, Montagna, Brennan
Villains: Enright, Ablett (c), Judd, Pavlich
League Status: 1st (Home), 3rd (BF Div 2, overall rank 1), 1st (Work)
Injury concerns: Dal Santo,
Trades: None
Vent: Getting Ablett (rd 13) giving 106, 79, 76 and Dal Santo (rd 14) giving 107, late out....FAIL ON ABLETT BIG TIME!!!
Kudos: None
Thoughts: Might use all my trades in 2 weeks and ride the Finals with no trades. I need to learn to stick to my gut instinct and not get Ablett [Not that I'm blaming anyone]...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Score: 2156
Overall ranking: 92 (from 103)
Heroes: Hodge, Montagna, Selwood, Brennan (filling in for Franklin)
Villains: Enright, Ablett (c), Pavlich
League Status: 2nd (SCE), 1st (Home), 8th (BF Geelong)
Injury concerns: Dal Santo, Gysberts, Shuey, Franklin
Vent: None
Kudos: Brennan for providing great cover for Franklin
Thoughts: Happy with my team, although my bench is pretty ordinary and cost me a donut with Dal this week. Will ride it out for a couple of weeks then look to cover, or alternatively use my last couple of trades on LTI's if there are any.

Score: 2237
Overall Ranking: 435 (219)
Heroes: Skipper, Hodge, Selwood, Swan, Boyd, Goodes, Shaw
Villains: Ablett :mad:, Enright, Gilbert, Bartel, Pavlich
League Status: N/A
Injury Concerns: Shuey, Nason
Trades: None. Am tempted to get Higgins for Shuey instead of getting Roo.
Vent: Ablett you little bald prick. I don't know what to do with you :(
Kudos: My backing of Skipper as R2 when others abused me ;)
Thoughts: Am very happy with squad, but lack of 100+ captain in 6 weeks has killed me. Should be doing much better. Have a near full allocation on bench and MPP's there to solve any resting/injuries plus one trade should i need some extra.

Score: 2251

Overall ranking: Crap.

Heroes: Captain Hodge. Montagna, Selwood, Goodes, Murphy, Kennelly...and anyone else that got over 100.

Villains: Ablett, Judd, Jamar, Gilbert, Betts, Pavlich...

League Status: Win in all of them.

Injury concerns: None. *touch wood*

Trades: Considering an upgrade to Enright in the back, maybe wait another week for further price drop. Ditto for Roo in the forwards.

Vent: Ablett, for averaging like...80 since I got him in. 106, 79 & 76...

Kudos: Henderson for covering well with a 98. Solid 2 weeks from the kid! Goodes for putting in a solid follow up to last week. Me for taking a semi gamble on Hodge captain. Ended up being my highest scorer!

Thoughts: Content with this week... Decent score in a round with so many poor scores.

Score: 2238

Overall ranking: 941 (up 369)

Heroes: Hodge, Lake, Fisher, Montagna, Selwood (C), Cooney, Goodes

Villains: Enright, Newman, Ablett, Judd, Pods, Betts

League Status: WWW 1st/2nd/1st

Injury concerns: Hall, Newman, Pods

Trades: Watching Roo like most, still missing Sandilands, but not as badly recently.

Vent: Wet games and Sundays...;)

Kudos: Goodes for his stunning form reversal, Super Selwood for becoming super reliable just when Ablett falters. :thumbsu:

Thoughts: Hoping my more unique players keep it up.

Score: 2177

Overall ranking: 3215

Heroes: Kennelly!! Hodge, Duffield, Swan, Montagna, Selwood, Goodes & ROK.

Villains: Simpson & Judd!! (grumpy at their SC score but happy with the way the game went :p) Gilbert, Enright, Ablett, PODs, Pavlich (new recruit)

League Status: 1st

Injury concerns: None that I can think of...

Trades: None this week... Just waiting it out for Roo

Vent: Ablett as capt fails again! And Enright showing he's human also! Also my two newer recruits being Gilbert & Pav have been far from impressive considering their potential.

Kudos: Kennelly for backing it up this week. Happy I held onto him and traded out Waters. Just knew he had some big scores in him, more-so than Waters imo. And it seems to be paying off. Also Kudos has to go to Swan for his 145 3-weeks rolling avg.... That's ridiculous 2bh. :D

Thoughts: I'm easily sitting on top of my league... Not discounting the others in the league but am happy even with only 3 trades left. I have $335K sitting there ready for a straight upgrade from Davis to Roo; leaving me with some cash and 2 trades and the following:

DEF: Hodge, Goddard, Malceski, Gilbert, Enright, Duffield, Kennelly (Webberly, Roberton)
MID: Ablett, Swan, Montagna, Selwood, Simpson, Judd (Martin, JKT)
RUC: Sandi, Cox (Skipper, Grimley)
FWD: Roo, Pav, ROK, Goodes, Rioli, PODs, Brown (Rockliff, Fyfe)

Look alright? Any thoughts? Looking foward to writing a score above my recent 2100-2300's next week... I feel my first 2500 coming on... Maybe :p

Score: 2226

Overall ranking: 1143

Heroes: Hodge, Montagna, Selwood (C), Cross, Shaw

Villains: Enright, Buddy, Ablett, Pods, Brown, Gia, Murphy, Pav

League Status: LWW 2nd/4th/1st

Injury concerns: Shuey, Buddy

Trades: 5 left. Looking at upgrading Gia > Roo in the next few weeks

Vent: Frustrated with Enright, Ablett etc. Surely they will make the Lions their bitch this weekend.

Kudos: Cross has been a ripper trade. Selwood captain also a masterstroke.

Thoughts: Taking baby steps towards the top 1000. Same as everyone else, if only i didn't make that silly trade early on ...... But with 5 trades and 100k reasonably placed for a crack at my leagues and overall goals.

Score: 2273
Overall ranking: 5500
Heroes: Hodge, Fisher, Selwood, Swan, Goodes and LECRAS!!!

Villains: Enright, Buddy, Ablett, Pods, Pav, Higgins and Waters

League Status: WWW 1st/6th/3rd

Injury concerns: Just form/general soreness for guys like Pods, Brown, Waters.

Trades: 5 left. Looking at upgrading Waters and Martin to A graders. Looking to cash in Trengove and Higgins. Was gunna upgrade LeCras but will hang onto for the time being. Ideally liketo get Lake and Chappy and waiting for Rooey to turnaround but not sure all will happen.

Vent: Frustrated with Enright, Ablett (stupidly making him capt) and Pav.

Kudos: Keeping LeCras was a masterstorke, even if it was out of necessity. Finally delivers but still worried about him going forward.

Thoughts: Just wanting to finish on top of my main comp so I get my money back + and then all is good and roll on bragging rights. Will probably look to go into finals with 3 trades left. May not use any this week unless I have to although I play the 2nd and 3rd places teams in the last 2 rounds.

Score: 2057

Overall ranking: 179 (down 35)

Heroes: Hodge, Shaw, Swan, Montagna, Cross, B.Harvey, RO'K

Villains: Enright, Ablett, Pods, Pav

League Status: W (1st), W (1st), L (=2nd)

Injury concerns: Dal Santo

Vent: Putting Ablett captain. Dal Santo late withdrawal.

Kudos:

Thoughts: 2 average weeks in a row now. Need a big one this week to get back in the hunt for top 100. Going overseas this Thursday, so not going to be able to adjust the squad for late changes. :thumbsdown:

Score: 2120

Overall ranking: 1900 (up ~110)

Heroes: B. Harvey, Goodes, Rockliff. H. Shaw

Villains: Enright, Pavlich, Dal Santo.

League Status: Sitting pretty on top.

Injury concerns: Shuey, Buddy.

Trades: Time for Kurt Tippett to exit the stage - but for who?

Vent: Corey Enright. Should have brought Malceski into the team instead, has cost me ~120 points and $$$$

Kudos: Rockliff for continuing to score well poor showing from the Lions.

Thoughts: Downgrade Tippett to Higgins/Leon Davis and spare cash, or upgrade him to Didak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back