2009 WDFNL Season. Movements and Rumours.

Remove this Banner Ad

a coach of a team that finished in the top half told me that maddern gets most of his touches by "hanging out the back" to get the easy ones..and youll never see him at the bottom of a pack!! dont blame me i was just told that...ive seen him play and there is a bit of truth to it but hey, hes got the last laugh!! Wagstaff coming back from a hammy is a brave move cos they take a long time to get over so he wont be 100%..the friendlies suit panmure and the dogs.....anyway lets see............................................................................

a coach of a team that finished in the top half told me that maddern gets most of his touches by "hanging out the back" to get the easy ones..and youll never see him at the bottom of a pack!! dont blame me i was just told that...ive seen him play and there is a bit of truth to it but hey, hes got the last laugh!! Wagstaff coming back from a hammy is a brave move cos they take a long time to get over so he wont be 100%..the friendlies suit panmure and the dogs.....anyway lets see............................................................................

Mate i dont care what coach told ya that..obviously u have never seen the bloke play cause he is the first player to get a hard ball...i no u will say stupid s**t about opinions and stuff but thats a load of crap and i dont believe any1 else on this site will agree with u or that coach that told ya....u go and watch the game this week and i bet he is at the bottom of alot of packs....

He is a great link up player. Most of his possesions come this way, but will get hard ball when it is his turn. Prob gives his kicks too much air if you really want to be critical, but he always plays well in finals. Nearly got them over the line last year.
Wagstaff will have to give it a crack this week. No use having a good hammy the following week if your team isn't playing!!!! Big risk, but probably no alternative for them. Yeh, I know - what if they win and he is 100% the following week???? See what Sholly comes up with.

i'm not sure if the friendlies suit panmure as much as ppl think, its thought that the ried is 2 big 4 panmure with lack of pace in the side. im not so sure. yeah, definately a few of there better players cant run like they used 2 in their prime but playing on the ried oval makes 4 more one-on-one contests and the likes of matt scrama, sam heffernan and tim condon will win 9 times out of ten. it also creates more space 4 the dangerous forwards of simon schrama, bant and luke gavin. but maybe i'm barking up the wrong tree, its just another side to the arguement

Hey fan09, what you got against timboon if anything they have flown under the radar and upset nobody. they can beat the dogs but now have to get over panmure which will be hard enough. unbelievable to see saturdays game last quarter!!
interesting to see both schrama boys play down back against creek. they got some younger quicker players this year so get ready for a closer final than last year.
i reckon the dees will get another chance at the dogs in the prelim, but a panmure and kolora prelim would be a cracker of a game with no love lost between two sides.

Have been away for a while. sounds like Timboon let a geat oppurtunity slide on the weekend. Seems to me thats a good indicator not to write them off completely.
As for Fan09, well, doesn't he sound alot like a certain Timboon basher from last year who made so many claims about Timboon's ability, then was forced to eat humble pie, posting under a new name. You can change names, but not personality.
Kolora will win it this year IMO, but finals football always throws up som interesting results.

I wouldnt go as far as saying fan09 is 'magpiemick'. surely not. i thought he learnt his lesson. i think his real identity has been realised.
Just checked crystal ball forum - hey members - you spot on the money with ladder and leading goal kicker. You got a repeat of last years grand final on the cards. What you reckon. I think youre spot on. Will the power get revenge???? The dees would need to pull a rabbit out to get there, but i think they got something up their sleeve.
This week - friendlies does help panmure. they slower than timboon but got some great one on one options. much easier to get it in quick so they could hurt dees. battle of the midfield and i think thompson, clements, hetherington and wiggins will come out on top. JUST!!! Power straight in by 29 points. WHY - who would know!!

Kolora will beat Dennington easily. The Power played plenty of blokes out of position in round 18 and had some quality players on the sidelines. Simply put, they were tanking. The Dogs are a bit old and slow and will be chasing backside all day!

I believe the dogs will win tomora...i have noticed the power are playin craven whitehead bourke and blackberry...all have not played for a few weeks now and i think there fitness in a final may get shown up...i also dont think it will be a bad thing for them to get beat because then these players will get another game under their belt....i still think power are the favourites for the flag and my money is with them....timboon to easily account for panmure but if power loose i dont believe they can beat them but they may be able to beat dennington.....

well for a start im no magpiemick and no idea who that is.....seems like to me that whoever u all follow shouldnt have any critics!!! timboon fantastic today and it was good to see they didnt fall for the rubbish panmure dished up near the end..they didnt get sucked in at all and are in good stead for next week.......as for madden , well he was killed by rhodes on saturday but doesnt matter as the power are in a granny......(by the way wots the use of this forum if u cant have an opinion, whether u like it or not?....its the whole idea of it!!!!!!!!)..........im just as critical as any side as well as timboon only demons supporters seem to be precious!!!..just for the record i got nothing against timboon

for a start watchin madden a couple times this year he definatly wins his own ball.. fan09 really need to watch him alot better or whoever it was that said that obviously hasnt watched much of him..
admiring the way dennington have been running out games they have had a very tough run over the last 4 weeks and there fifth week will probably be the toughest.. i believe dennington deserve to meet power again in grand final but i think timboon will get them in the prelim.. the dogs would have to be knacked.. but i could be very wrong...
anyway the best 3 teams all year are left to fight it out and thats the main thing...

Panmure no different from last year. Too old and slow. Their second half was terrible. Timboon too polished in what was a pretty ordinary day for football, hence the poor skills on show. Could tell when timboon played well that they were a mile better than panmure. Panmure have a few who need to retire and no depth to cover these players. Need new influx of quality players not turning up to finish their careers.
Didn't see power v dog match but heard it was quality. I think timboon over the dogs this week. Nowell done calf??? Will he play????
Wagstaff didn't play but surely will this week. Young hickey boy was great in ruck. Wagstaff mite upset the dees set ups!!!!
I agree - good to see the best three sides to sort out the best. Power will relish watching the others run around again this week.

Panmure claim to be developing youth, but I haven't seen any signs of that in the past few years. They keep rolling out older blokes and what I saw of them through the year it's probably a good thing for em they don't have to go to the Reid, as they would have been shown up big time. This may sound contradictory but I hope Matty Schrama plays on. He had glandular fever for the most of the year and was still their best performer. Great player.

Even though Dennington on the score board got close to Kolora a few of their blokes were running out of puff as the game went on. I reckon if Timboon can get there they'll have a better chance than Dennington on the big ground but they will really need Wagstaff. Kolora have got a lot of young and middle aged blokes and not too many veterans. Fraser was clearly the difference between the 2 sides on Saturday. When Kolora needed a goal he stood up and delivered and took some very strong pack marks.

Most sides this year have naturally employed tactics to nullify him by blocking his run at the ball or dropping an extra big man in front of him. On the Reid this might be a bit harder to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

History tells us that the team with the gun power forward wins the flag. Richo for rovers beinke for timboon and now fraser can continue the trend. Dogs have keilor and nowell, and timboon have hickey and rylance - all good players and match winners but fraser is in another class. I fhe fires then power look unstoppable, if not then hicks and co will need to lift to fill void.
Demons over dogs by 13 points. Key match ups all over the ground but i think the demons youth will get them over the line. Wagstaff small chance of playing. Dees mite need him with monk, harris, nowell and co will test the young hickey.

Best thing about this week is i really have no clue to who will win...i think if its a free flowing game dennington will win with their big forwards but with the weather conditions expected to be not so great it might not be so free flowing so it will bring timboon back into the contest but still hard to find them winning....i think dennington have more chance of beating power but i dont think they will be able to....BEN FRASER will be the difference..just like last year power were in it all day but beinke took the big contested grabs when it mattered and the power could not do anything to stop him... i believe fraser will be the differenece.

I did predict back to back for demons. Just imagine if they get off to a good start - oh the memories from last year. They will say it hasn't got anything to do with it, but we all know thats not true. Whitehead to fraser - he was good yesty on Day (no touches). If weather the same then frasers impact will be less and it will be on.
Great effort from power - all football teams in but i dont think they will win any. I'm going for the upset. Sholly's first premiership - and he will celebrate long and hard!!!! Well coached yesty - plenty of rotations and wagstaff used very well. He may have more impact than fraser. Vogels reported by two umpires - not a good spot to be in. Will be devastating for vogels as he true blue demons person.

I did predict back to back for demons. Just imagine if they get off to a good start - oh the memories from last year. They will say it hasn't got anything to do with it, but we all know thats not true. Whitehead to fraser - he was good yesty on Day (no touches). If weather the same then frasers impact will be less and it will be on.
Great effort from power - all football teams in but i dont think they will win any. I'm going for the upset. Sholly's first premiership - and he will celebrate long and hard!!!! Well coached yesty - plenty of rotations and wagstaff used very well. He may have more impact than fraser. Vogels reported by two umpires - not a good spot to be in. Will be devastating for vogels as he true blue demons person.

Yeah full credit to timboon i thought the conditions might suit them and monk hurting himself woulda effected dogs a fair bit...i didnt see the game but from what i hear dennington not fit enought (Sam lewis, shepherd,salmon) to name a couple that stood out for their lack of fitness on the reid. i do believe if its wet fraser will be even more important cause every contested mark he takes will be even more valuable still believe he will be the difference between the two sides. so all in all i hope the power win because they have been the best team all year..i will give my tip friday after i hear the teams.!

obviously a timboon man? if the weather is dry (dryish) noorat will win comfortably. 2 much run and they will be 2 fresh 4 the demons who have come through a hard finals campaign. although they proved 2 be the better side on the day, had nowell played, we wouldnt be having this conversation

I don't think you needed that ? 200cm, I reckon Newman might be a dead set red hot Timboon man!, and good luck to him cause they're gonna need a s**t load of it. There's a few solid and wild predictions going around and I think I'm equal to the task.

In the past few years I've only seen a handfull of Kolora games each year but this season I've watched them all. A few people have got some things wrong about Kolora. They've got quite a few goal scorers and while Fraser is a great target they often go through periods where he is a bit of a decoy for others and takes a couple stupid opposition blokes with him. A few times he's had a couple blokes hanging around him and a 3rd one blocking so he just wanders out to the 70 metre area and next thing Kolora have kicked five in 10 minutes. Newman, believe me, it doesn't matter to Fraser whether it's wet or dry. Like any big forward the only times he's failed to impact this year was on the windy gusty days.

Word around is that for a few weeks Timboon have been very confident that if they get a crack at Kolora in the finals they can beat them. Dream on! Between rounds 12 and 18 Kolora had some fairly ordinary games with a lot of their better players going through the motions and some others missing a few games with minor injuries. They're almost at full strength and they certainly aren't carrying or trying to hide any injuries. Waggy has always appeared to be a big goose but he might end up being a big liability.

Still, it's only Monday and a lot of things can happen between now and then.

you would have to think that power are red hot favourites but i got a feeling timboon will get up.. they just slipped under the radar a bit this year and have popped up with some great form when it does matter.. dennington would be very disappointed with the way they finished but i think its more disappointing was thorntons comments throughout the week and after the match on saturday.. i didnt see the game on saturday but thorntons comments on having injuries and the poor umpiring in the finals campaign and saying if nowell was playing it would of been a different story against power.. yer it could of been a different story but injuries are in the game ya cant use them as excuses... his comments after there loss was dissappointing because dennington was a team i grew to respect alot throughout the season

yeah timboon have hit form but y havent the power hit form??? i think timboon will run out of legs if its windy it will be close to half time then the power will run all over them and im gunna throw out a wild prediction and say they will win by 50 points..think last year will pump them up more and they will do things differently and come out firing!

Panmure claim to be developing youth, but I haven't seen any signs of that in the past few years. They keep rolling out older blokes and what I saw of them through the year it's probably a good thing for em they don't have to go to the Reid, as they would have been shown up big time. This may sound contradictory but I hope Matty Schrama plays on. He had glandular fever for the most of the year and was still their best performer. Great player.

Even though Dennington on the score board got close to Kolora a few of their blokes were running out of puff as the game went on. I reckon if Timboon can get there they'll have a better chance than Dennington on the big ground but they will really need Wagstaff. Kolora have got a lot of young and middle aged blokes and not too many veterans. Fraser was clearly the difference between the 2 sides on Saturday. When Kolora needed a goal he stood up and delivered and took some very strong pack marks.

Most sides this year have naturally employed tactics to nullify him by blocking his run at the ball or dropping an extra big man in front of him. On the Reid this might be a bit harder to do.

hang on tommagpie, u do realise 6 teenagers played on that day with one more as an emergency? know what you're talking about b4 making those sort of statements

hang on tommagpie, u do realise 6 teenagers played on that day with one more as an emergency? know what you're talking about b4 making those sort of statements

200cm you've come back with what "appears" to be a good argument, but it's not, and it's not often I know what I'm talking about, but on this occasion I just might! From memory it was Dave Conheady quoted as saying "it was a disappointing way to finish the season but we will continue with our policy of developing youth". As I said, I haven't seen any evidence that Panmure have a "develop youth policy". Due to circumstances such as injuries, lack of numbers etc. many many teams happen to roll out a team now and then that has a few young blokes in it. That doesn't mean they have a "develop youth policy", it just means that's all they had available that day.

Panmure MAY have such a policy but I haven't seen any evidence. I'll nearly bet that if they had have had another few old washed up ex Hampden players then those teenagers you referred to possibly wouldn't have got a gig. Were older blokes dropped out of the side to make way for these young blokes development, or were they simply in the best 21?

Just because a team has a number of teenagers in it doesn't mean the club has such a policy. I hope those young fellas ARE being pushed up for the future and I hope Panmure doesn't do their usual and chase some old blokes over summer.

200cm you've come back with what "appears" to be a good argument, but it's not, and it's not often I know what I'm talking about, but on this occasion I just might! From memory it was Dave Conheady quoted as saying "it was a disappointing way to finish the season but we will continue with our policy of developing youth". As I said, I haven't seen any evidence that Panmure have a "develop youth policy". Due to circumstances such as injuries, lack of numbers etc. many many teams happen to roll out a team now and then that has a few young blokes in it. That doesn't mean they have a "develop youth policy", it just means that's all they had available that day.

Panmure MAY have such a policy but I haven't seen any evidence. I'll nearly bet that if they had have had another few old washed up ex Hampden players then those teenagers you referred to possibly wouldn't have got a gig. Were older blokes dropped out of the side to make way for these young blokes development, or were they simply in the best 21?

Just because a team has a number of teenagers in it doesn't mean the club has such a policy. I hope those young fellas ARE being pushed up for the future and I hope Panmure doesn't do their usual and chase some old blokes over summer.
Gee you can talk some sh1t. Its country football.

Gee you can talk some sh1t. Its country football.

Of course I talk a lot of s**t. I thought that's what these things were designed for, so the average ********s like us can have a bit of banter and pretend we actually know what we're talking about. You didn't actually state which part was s**t. Shock, horror, I hope you don't think it was ALL s**t!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back