2001 SANFL Predictions :)

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't understand why Glenelg supporters are so cocky...

I mean Port fans I can understand - they have the best record of anyone in the league, but as for Glenelg - they've virtually done nothing...

------------------
'...and we won't give up, till the premiership cup is safely in our hands...'

Originally posted by Go South:
I can't understand why Glenelg supporters are so cocky...

I mean Port fans I can understand - they have the best record of anyone in the league, but as for Glenelg - they've virtually done nothing...

South have been crap over the last 20 years ! So you cant talk, NOW ANSWER ME - ARE ANY OF THOSE DERELICTS YOUR FOOTY MATES ???????
and as for our recruits we have many - Hay,Mckenzie,Ottens,Thompson, just to name a few

Oh is that it? From the way you were carrying on, you'd have thought that you had recruited Anthony Koutafides.

I can talk actually - because we're not cocky w***ers, unlike yourself.

No, I don't know any of those "derelicts" that you mentioned. Are they actually real? Or are they just another figment of your tragically warped imagination?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Go South (edited 26 February 2001).]

Originally posted by Go South:
Stop avoiding the question...

Just who are Glenelg's *STUNNING* recruits, that are going to stop you from finishing bottom again?

Let's see:

Ex-bay players returning to the fold include Ben Thompson, Wayne Thornborrow, Matthew Liptak, Luke Ottens, Campbell Flower.

Other SANFL players coming to the Bay include Paul King, Michael Oldfield, Nathon Irvin.

Players from other states include Phil Mckenzie (Claremont), Adam Hay (East Perth/Kangaroos), Brad Stephens (Kangaroos), Charlie & Kelvin Maher (NT).

Add to these the 2 Crows draftees, who will likely play with Glenelg for almost all of the season.

Also consider that Tod Winstanley and Brooke Fogden will be returning from long-term injury, making them virtual recruits for 2001.

That's 17 players just off the top of my head. The Bays will be better performed this year, you can count on it. After all it would be pretty hard to do worse :)

Go the Bays!

Originally posted by eastaugh36:
and it will be great to shove it up go south !

Yes, you obviously have nothing better to do in life.

You can sit there and wait for Glenelg's magnificent season all you like, but I'd say by the time it actually happens, you'll be a pile of bones.

------------------

we thrashed southport you idiot ! look out !

I know. You won a trial game - congratulations. Glenelg must be almost premiership favourites now, mustn't they?

And you called -me- an idiot.

I know Glenelg wins are hard to come by, but please try to conceal your excitement until something worthwhile actually happens.

------------------

just as rare as souths recent success !

No, last year we did experience a fair amount of success, and only missed out on a finals position by a point. We certainly had far more success than you lot.

Once again... we were successful each time we played Glenelg - 3 wins out of 3.

OK, get on with it. I'm waiting for you to change the subject again, or call me an idiot, because you realise that I'm right, and that since you finished bottom, you really have no argument!

------------------

I think Port have recruited well and many expect they will lift under Poole.
Impressed with Ron Fuller but not sure how Eagles will react to GF loss, change of coach will help. Dogs have kept the lid on the historic GF victory and appear to have recruited well. Sturt an unknown, best is very good but feel they may lack a key position player. Norwood unknown and news mixed. South hopefully will improve and challenge the top sides. Everything looks positive at Glenelg and they could surprise. Appears they have finally got a coach that everyone at the club is happy with. Borchard could do well at West. North will surprise at times and show signs of improvement.

Originally posted by Nod:
I think Port have recruited well and many expect they will lift under Poole.
Impressed with Ron Fuller but not sure how Eagles will react to GF loss, change of coach will help. Dogs have kept the lid on the historic GF victory and appear to have recruited well. Sturt an unknown, best is very good but feel they may lack a key position player. Norwood unknown and news mixed. South hopefully will improve and challenge the top sides. Everything looks positive at Glenelg and they could surprise. Appears they have finally got a coach that everyone at the club is happy with. Borchard could do well at West. North will surprise at times and show signs of improvement.

Hahaha, so who's going to win the flag?

------------------

Difficult to say at this stage. If I had to put money on it Port always a good bet. May also get a few Power players for the finals - Lyle, Cockatoo-Collins, Bond. A lot of people tell me to watch out for an 18yo 196cm guy called Cain Ackland. Power listed and apparently very much like Jeff White from Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agh... let's hope not

------------------

Remove this Banner Ad

Back