Delisted #20: Henry Slattery - Leaving to "pursue other opportunities"

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 20. Henry Slattery

We need to determine whether this guy has a role to play in our next charge towards a premiership. We are the only side in the league who carries a small lock down defender who can only play small. Even the tall shut down types are a dying breed with significant emphasis on defenders ability to actually play the game.

I've always felt he looked like a young Paul Rudd, tbh.

I'm talking circa The Object of my Affection.
slat.jpg
Josh.jpg

I'm on the record as a Slattery basher.

When in possession of the ball if Hanks' first movement is to kick the ball I don't mind him.

Thought he was solid last night.

Don't know if he should've played last night. Was having what looked like a fitness test after training on Friday. Either that or he could have just been getting some tips from the coaches. I'm not sure.

Article in the age today about Fletcher agreeing to a new contract mentions that Henry Slattery is close to a 2 year agreement.

So they should, he's more than good enough to be a back-up, 23-28 type player.

Not convinced, are we better served with a budding/ rising fringe player, or a confirmed pedestrian fringe player like H Slattery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately, these days at the club it seems to be "Essendon rewards mediocrity"

Well... Here goes....

Great 'cough' game...

Super performance on a bloody good player. The fact that Didak worked into it late couldn't detract from the fact that He was towled up completely early by Slattery.

Need him to work on his endurance over the pre-season.

Showed signs that he could be a midfield tagger.

Noticed that he spent most of the third quarter - not playing on Didak - probably because he was short of a gallop.

I reckon we should try and trade him.... a few clubs may be interested in a mature, strong bodied small defender...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back