Certified Legendary Thread 2 x Premiership Coach Chris Scott contracted to 2026 (aka the Chris Scott volumes

Remove this Banner Ad

Good get, the Crows contingent of BF are flat about it.

It's an incredible get. He's the assistant coach of the year, a Geelong boy, and coached the highest scoring attack in the comp.

Could very well be a succession plan floated for after Scott, IMO, as he definitely has plans to be a senior coach in the future.

Forgive the intrusion Cats supporters, just had a couple of questions regarding Scott's tenure (looking at from the perspective of a tigers supporters and Dimma):

Do you guys think Scott would go through a rebuild and he has enough left in the tank to oversee it? (A lot of us started to feel like Dimma was cooked)

If Scott moves on in a year or too, do you see any other clubs as a fit a la Dimma with the Sun's?

Anyone you guys think would be ideal to take over if he pulls the pin? With Richmond Blind Freddy could see we needed a new voice, I don't know if you guys are there for few years yet.

Cheers

To answer, I think Chris Scott will attack 2024 like he did 2022, our best is good enough so why not have another crack? Especially with Stewart, Dangerfield, Hawkins & Cameron in the side, no rebuild would be thought of, not that we traditionally go ‘full rebuild’ anyway, the fabric of this club is to stay competitive each season and rebuild on the run so to speak.

FWIW I think 2025 may be Scott’s last as Geelong coach, once Hawkins and Paddy are gone, he will be too, imo.

To answer, I think Chris Scott will attack 2024 like he did 2022, our best is good enough so why not have another crack? Especially with Stewart, Dangerfield, Hawkins & Cameron in the side, no rebuild would be thought of, not that we traditionally go ‘full rebuild’ anyway, the fabric of this club is to stay competitive each season and rebuild on the run so to speak.

FWIW I think 2025 may be Scott’s last as Geelong coach, once Hawkins and Paddy are gone, he will be too, imo.
Thanks for responding.

Some good points there, no coach lasts forever and it does feel like some of them are linked to a certain few players and when they give it up, it's a bit of a changing of the guard and all new faces in. I reckon spot on with Hawkins and Danger, once they are done you would think Scott would call time soon after.

Thanks for responding.

Some good points there, no coach lasts forever and it does feel like some of them are linked to a certain few players and when they give it up, it's a bit of a changing of the guard and all new faces in. I reckon spot on with Hawkins and Danger, once they are done you would think Scott would call time soon after.
I think a lot of it has to do with personal hunger. You climb the mountain one or more times, as Scott and Dimma did. What's left to do?

Dimma and especially Clarko are interesting cases though. Multi-Premiership coaches who have gone to basket cases. The challenge would be immense in such a position. Is that the driver here even MORE than the winning? The challenge?

I think a lot of it has to do with personal hunger. You climb the mountain one or more times, as Scott and Dimma did. What's left to do?

Dimma and especially Clarko are interesting cases though. Multi-Premiership coaches who have gone to basket cases. The challenge would be immense in such a position. Is that the driver here even MORE than the winning? The challenge?
I think it's the money lol. But also I think for both they have the league's backing, they are being given every opportunity to succeed. The truer test would be if one of them went to Freo or the Saints with the challenge of replicating their success there. I think Dimma would have cherry picked the right opportunity for himself. Clarko seems to have more like a chip on his shoulder proving he still has the hunger, North is a good fit for him rather than Essendon.

Bump time. Coach-For-Life has done it again! After suffering a rare downer last season coming off the back of a short pre-season, he and the rest of the coaching crew have the team functioning like a well-oiled machine again (well, not quite but give it time, it's only RD2).

Give him another contract extension ffs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bump time. Coach-For-Life has done it again! After suffering a rare downer last season coming off the back of a short pre-season, he and the rest of the coaching crew have the team functioning like a well-oiled machine again (well, not quite but give it time, it's only RD2).

Coach for life if he wants it (he doesn’t want it).

Forever #teamscotty over here.

To me the most impressive part is that he can continually sell a changing but singular vision to the playing group. We make drastic changes to our gameplan that fits the changing composition of our squad. Too many coaches become stuck to their preferences and the sport moves beyond them or when the plan stops working they lose their players. Its the key to his longevity.

Our inside midfield group is quite weak at the moment, Scott has us playing a game where that matters less. If our guys compete well enough then the rest of the plan will still work. Adelaide made a significant shift to how they played over half time, had some quick wins in the centre but we were good enough to grind out a win.

You can see he has gone to work on trying to limit scores from turnovers and in particular from the back half to really good success so far. He is a master tactician Scotty

You can see he has gone to work on trying to limit scores from turnovers and in particular from the back half to really good success so far. He is a master tactician Scotty
I think he is so far ahead of the other coaches that it’s not funny. He is yet to be fully acknowledged as the genius coach that he is.

Clarko? Pfft! I’d take Scotty over Angry Ant every time.

Two best coaches are Chris Scott and John Longmire - no question about it.

Both have rebuilt on the run and contended again after winning premierships.

Clarko had an amazing crop of players, as did Hardwick. They’ve both gone to clubs with a young talented group to do it all again but couldn’t continue to contend without teams will of high draft picks.

Chris Scott always talks about the difficulty in the coaches box, the tactical side of it. You listen to Bevo and you can see why we beat the Dogs… ;)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Two best coaches are Chris Scott and John Longmire - no question about it.

Both have rebuilt on the run and contended again after winning premierships.

Clarko had an amazing crop of players, as did Hardwick. They’ve both gone to clubs with a young talented group to do it all again but couldn’t continue to contend without teams will of high draft picks.

Chris Scott always talks about the difficulty in the coaches box, the tactical side of it. You listen to Bevo and you can see why we beat the Dogs… ;)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lomgmire has a loaded die

Best Cats coach ever, and imho, still the best coach in the comp. We don't need to articulate the reasons, they are self-evident.

It's not all about W v L, it's the total package.

Last edited:
I think it's the money lol. But also I think for both they have the league's backing, they are being given every opportunity to succeed. The truer test would be if one of them went to Freo or the Saints with the challenge of replicating their success there. I think Dimma would have cherry picked the right opportunity for himself. Clarko seems to have more like a chip on his shoulder proving he still has the hunger, North is a good fit for him rather than Essendon.
Dimma has definitely Cherry picked a talent stacked under performing list. Rebuilding at the Tigers is a much harder task without the high end draft picks and concessions GC have had

Remove this Banner Ad

Back