Remove this Banner Ad

96c224e1268844d0bf6e7992f0e805e55b3e9f9a-16x9-x64y378w2636h1483.jpg

Details
Number
Height 191cm
Weight 92kg
DOB 06-05-1998
Debut - Round 1 Vs Sydney Swans 2018

Player honours: AFL Rising Star 2018 (round 6 Vs Fremantle)

Draft History:
2016 AFL National Draft pick 77

Last edited:
My boy in 2017. Hope he will get to play for the Eagles next year.

Don't worry I will still update this thread when I can and spam you all with all things Waterman.

Well he's still injured :(

If Waterman wasn't injured...

He would have played against Hawthorn.
He would have kicked 12 goals (he's not even a forward is he?).
He would have been BOG.

And

Eagles would have won!

From The West on Tuesday.

First-gamer Kurt Mutimer has been cleared of a knee injury in another positive for West Coast.

However, the club is now bracing to lose young forward Jake Waterman for most of the season with foot stress fractures.

The 19-year-old’s return timeline is now indefinite, with the club choosing not to rush the goal kicker back in his first season on the list.

“With Jake we have taken a really conservative approach given that it was a stress injury in his foot,” Vozzo said.

“Being a young player we are really concerned about getting his rehab right so that we have no further problems with that foot moving forward. We will take each step day by day, week by week and we’re really not keen at this point to set any timelines. It will be symptom-based.”

Guess what guys?! Jake Waterman is playing right now. So so so exciting. Stats coming soon!

WAFL

Round 20

East vs West

Jake Waterman
19 disposals, 13 kicks, 6 handballs, 7 marks, 1 tackle, 2 goals and 2 behinds.

WAFL

Round 21

East vs Swans

Jake Waterman

15 disposals, 12 kicks, 3 handballs, 8 marks, 2 goals and 2 behinds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waterman named on an extended bench for the final-round clash with Adelaide.

Probably not going to make his debut, but if he does he'll be:
- the 235th Eagles player
- the second Waterman, with him and Chris becoming the second father-son pair to represent the club after Michael and Jacob Brennan
- coincidentally, just the second Jake/Jacob to play for the club after Brenno
- the eighth player overall to wear the #45 guernsey and the first since Ryan Davis back in 2009.

Waterman named on an extended bench for the final-round clash with Adelaide.

Probably not going to make his debut, but if he does he'll be:
- the 235th Eagles player
- the second Waterman, with him and Chris becoming the second father-son pair to represent the club after Michael and Jacob Brennan
- coincidentally, just the second Jake/Jacob to play for the club after Brenno
- the eighth player overall to wear the #45 guernsey and the first since Ryan Davis back in 2009.

That's all still true except he'll be the 237th Eagles player.

Jake is surely primed for a break out year this year. With Allen starting the year injured, Darling absent, and JK on his last legs, Waterman should get more time closer to goal.

My 2022 predictions:
Games 20 (up from 14 in 2021)
Goals 30 (up from 13)
Goals per game 1.5 (up from 0.92)
Marks 135 (up from 89)
Tackles 45 (up from 27)

By round 10, I predict even xInfected_Virus will have Waterman in his best 22.

Jake is surely primed for a break out year this year. With Allen starting the year injured, Darling absent, and JK on his last legs, Waterman should get more time closer to goal.

My 2022 predictions:
Goals 30 (up from 13)
Marks 135 (up from 89)
Tackles 45 (up from 27)

By round 10, I predict even xInfected_Virus will have Waterman in his best 22.

This post is probably not going to age well given the news that Jack Darling is now vaxed and ready to play. Anyhoo, we'll see what happens.

As his sponsor, I have to say I'm pretty happy with Waterman's performance that last two weeks.

2 goals, 2 goal assists, 8 score involvements, 2 contested marks and 4 inside 50s this week.
2 goals, 1 goal assist, 8 score involvements, 1 contested mark and 3 inside 50s last week.

Also getting more mentions in the votes thread than the changes thread for a change. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

As his sponsor, I have to say I'm pretty happy with Waterman's performance that last two weeks.

2 goals, 2 goal assists, 8 score involvements, 2 contested marks and 4 inside 50s this week.
2 goals, 1 goal assist, 8 score involvements, 1 contested mark and 3 inside 50s last week.

Also getting more mentions in the votes thread than the changes thread for a change. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Given him 7 votes past 2 weeks. Really hope he kicks on with it now. Always been a fan but consistency/where he plays been his biggest hurdle.

My 2022 predictions:
Goals 30 (up from 13)
Marks 135 (up from 89)
Tackles 45 (up from 27)

Jake's actual 2022 stats:
Games 20 (incl 2 as medi sub)
Goals 18
Goals per game 1.0 (if you excl medi sub games)
Marks 97
Tackles 32

So all improvements on 2021 but still short of my optimisitic predictions.

After the bye, Jake averaged 1.4 goals per game which is not too bad especially given he was carrying a knee injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back