#2 - Brad Crouch

Remove this Banner Ad

Different Brad Crouch. The other one has been a sports writer with the Ragvertiser for years.

Does anyone know anything about Brad Crouch's brother Matthew who is currently playing for the North Ballarat under 18's. He is eligible for next years draft and had 37 possessions on the weekend for the rebels.

He's a massive unit already for his age. Looks exactly like Danger body wise, great article, I agree.. He's going to be a player.

I wonder if there is scope for Crouch and O'Meara to play the last game of the year.

We play GC, and if a top two spot is stitched up it is basically a dead rubber.

Both clubs should petition the AFL to get these guys to play. Even if it is just as a sub.

A taste of AFL footy will give them some extra motivation for preseason. And it is something we have done with a few first year players in recent years.

I wonder if there is scope for Crouch and O'Meara to play the last game of the year.

We play GC, and if a top two spot is stitched up it is basically a dead rubber.

Both clubs should petition the AFL to get these guys to play. Even if it is just as a sub.

A taste of AFL footy will give them some extra motivation for preseason. And it is something we have done with a few first year players in recent years.

if we were out of the finals I would agree however given what is in front of us what's the benefit to us to play Crouch in the final round

even if we had top 2 position in the bag and rested 2-3 players we need to play players who will provide back up during the finals series

I too cant wait for Crouch but given the circumstances his time is not now (2012)

Fingers crossed that he gets a full (and injury free) preseason. Could have an immediate impact if this is the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be looking for him to be a world-beater in his first season. As talented as he is, you'd just hope he can slot in as our 22nd best player and play a role.
He will have an impressive rookie campaign in my opinion, but we will obviously manage him intelligently... That may be in the form of resting throughout the season and frequently rotated on and off the field...

I wouldn't be looking for him to be a world-beater in his first season. As talented as he is, you'd just hope he can slot in as our 22nd best player and play a role.
I doubt he will play more than 10-12 games in his first AFL season.

Anything more is a bonus IMO. Big step up physically from SANFL to AFL.

Here are Crouch's stats over the season. I'll update when the GF has completed.

Interesting to note, that his stats improve marginally in wins, and substantially in finals. His disposals have gone up 4.5 possies since the end of the H&A season.
Depending on how he goes in the GF, we could have ourselves another 'big game' player on our hands which would be awesome.
Brad Crouch Stats.png

40 disposals (21 contested) 9 clearances and 5 inside 50's in his 19th game :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back