Preview 1st Preliminary Final-Adelaide vs Geelong, Adelaide Oval Friday 22nd Sept 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wowee, biggest game since the 2011 Grand Final.

Can we beat the best team of the year in front of 50, 000 of their own fans on their home deck? It will be incredibly tough but if we played like we did tonight, it is possible.

Big big selection discussions too. Discuss here.

It's a shame this is a prelim match-up. Would be a worthy Grand Final.

To be perfectly honest it will be an anti-climax watching Richmond vs GWS (likely) at the G compared to this.
I also think whichever team wins this game will win the flag.

Honestly some huge decisions this week. If you had said to me before tonight that the two players in the bottom 6 that would book their spots on the plane would be Kolo and Lang I would have been so surprised but they have.

Lonergan will come back and I assume if it's a tall in and tall out Stanley goes out as the lowest ranked tall. But the ability to move Taylor forward or back and be able to use Blicavs to tag without him having to second ruck makes Stanley in the side useful. Do we push a small out for Lonergan for that reason and change the structure?

Stewart hopefully can get up Stevie J style. It sounds like Guthrie may possibly be fit to replace him and Cockatoo will probably be fit as well (at least cleared to play by the medical staff).

Do we roll the dice on Cockatoo? He is definitely in our best 22 and far ahead of Parsons but do we risk him getting injured and leaving us a man down? We definitely need his defensive pressure to shut down their run off half back it will be a big call (I can't imagine he plays in a GF unless he plays this week).

Apart from Stanley if it's a tall Parsons is probably the other vulnerable player. I suppose Zuthrie or Parfitt could be vulnerable but by gee both were very good tonight. Whether we keep close to the same side or try and bring in fresh legs to counter Adelaide having the extra week off is a big debate.

Very tough calls to make.

Apart from Stanley if it's a tall Parsons is probably the other vulnerable player. I suppose Zuthrie or Parfitt could be vulnerable but by gee both were very good tonight. Whether we keep close to the same side or try and bring in fresh legs to counter Adelaide having the extra week off is a big debate.

Not after tonight.

Adelaide have been holidaying on the Gold Coast this week, if we come up like we did in the first half tonight they'll get their pants pulled down like Sydney did

Honestly some huge decisions this week. If you had said to me before tonight that the two players in the bottom 6 that would book their spots on the plane would be Kolo and Lang I would have been so surprised but they have.

Lonergan will come back and I assume if it's a tall in and tall out Stanley goes out as the lowest ranked tall. But the ability to move Taylor forward or back and be able to use Blicavs to tag without him having to second ruck makes Stanley in the side useful. Do we push a small out for Lonergan for that reason and change the structure?

Stewart hopefully can get up Stevie J style. It sounds like Guthrie may possibly be fit to replace him and Cockatoo will probably be fit as well (at least cleared to play by the medical staff).

Do we roll the dice on Cockatoo? He is definitely in our best 22 and far ahead of Parsons but do we risk him getting injured and leaving us a man down? We definitely need his defensive pressure to shut down their run off half back it will be a big call (I can't imagine he plays in a GF unless he plays this week).

Agree on all that, hard to make a call really.

I think we might just roll the dice on cockatoo considering parsons has been underwhelming the last 2 weeks. Otherwise Murdoch might be a chance to get a recall

If Stewart doesn't come up you'd say it would be lonergan in for him, taylor stays back and stanley stays in up forward. If Stewart does get up then it's hard to say but Stanley probably the most likely.

I'm just happy we get to discuss this for another week at least :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Not after tonight.

Adelaide have been holidaying on the Gold Coast this week, if we come up like we did in the first half tonight they'll get their pants pulled down like Sydney did

Those 2 were very good and don't deserve to go out. But Lonergan will definitely come back. Stewart could hopefully be ok (remember Kolo was injured last week and got up this week) and they will play Cam Guthrie if fit, Cockatoo they may roll the dice on. If Stanley stays for structure some other people might be very unlucky.

I feel for Stewart too he has been outstanding this year and was again tonight I hope he gets up for next week.

I agree that if we play like we did early tonight next week we are a chance-we have to score early to keep the crowd out of it as much as possible and make Adelaide doubt themselves. They score heavily so if they get well in front it will be very hard to run them down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Lonergan, Cockatoo

Outs: Stanley, Parsons

- assuming Stewart gets up.

Cockatoo is the big one as to whether we roll the dice. He is miles inside the best 22 (and Parsons is a weak link in some ways) but he has got injured 3 times in games this year it's a huge risk. I wonder if it will be a case of they only risk one of Cockatoo or Stewart (if both are in some doubt).

Stanley is probably the logical out for Lonergan but he was good tonight I suppose it depends whether you want Blicavs to 2nd ruck or not and whether you think Smith can ruck 90 % by himself against Jacobs.

In : Lonergan Cockatoo
Out : Stewart Parsons

You would keep Stanley and go the extra tall? Be very interesting to see if Cam Guthrie is fit too (which seems possible) will be some big calls to make.

Last week we made two changes that completely changed the setup of our side. We CANNOT do that again, this team thrives on continuity.

Next week I want to see Danger start forward and Menegola in the guts again.

If Stewart isn't available Lonergan comes in for him. The only other change I would make is Parsons for Cockatoo if fit.

Please MC don't try to be clever.

God, that Josh Jenkins guy talks a lot of shit for such a mediocre player.

Who?

Noticed West Horsham fans are using the pre-emptive umpiring excuse already in the preview thread on their board.

You would keep Stanley and go the extra tall? Be very interesting to see if Cam Guthrie is fit too (which seems possible) will be some big calls to make.
I would against Adelaide. Horses for courses selection week. Harry to stay back along with Lonergan in and Hendo to take care of Tex, Jenkins and Lynch. Bews on Betts and then it's midfield against midfield.

I'd back ours in against theirs and if we can control the ball like we did tonight our forward entries will be more effective against their backline.\

Blicavs to ride Sloane like he did against JPK is a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back