Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

Spot on.

After he kicks his first goal against Essendon next year he needs to find Xavier Duursma and ask why he's not playing for Port Adelaide any more? Is it because he dropped the premiership?
and then get him in a chokehold watch the light drain from his eyes.

Not a much better sight than big Lynchy with two handfuls of opposition jumper
Wouldn’t be upset if they gave him the nod to become captain

One of my favourite home and away wins is that one v port when we were smashed with injuries (no Cotch, Dusty and Riewoldt off the top of my head but a few others out as well and he basically won us the game off his own boot and really rallied the younger playing group who made the trip to the game with him

Round 4 2019

One of my favourite home and away wins is that one v port when we were smashed with injuries (no Cotch, Dusty and Riewoldt off the top of my head but a few others out as well and he basically won us the game off his own boot and really rallied the younger playing group who made the trip to the game with him

Round 4 2019
No rance was Ross debut

Hoping captaincy doesn't go to a 30 year old tbh. If Ouzo is the ushering of a new chapter for the club we need a new long term captain.
Is a good point
Probably means Taranto is the best option or a roughie like Short who is apparently very well respected and put himself forward during the process when Grimes/Nank got appointed

Baker an obvious contender but don’t think he actually wants to do it

If we go younger again it’s pretty lean
Bolton maybe but he would really need to mature a lot

Ross an option but still probably a few years away

Is a good point
Probably means Taranto is the best option or a roughie like Short who is apparently very well respected and put himself forward during the process when Grimes/Nank got appointed

There are no options under 30 outside taranto.

Vlastuin is a similar age to lynch

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping captaincy doesn't go to a 30 year old tbh. If Ouzo is the ushering of a new chapter for the club we need a new long term captain.
not really, jack graham was pencilled in to be the man after trent handed over the reigns and hindsight says that would have been a disaster.....remember when neild was a highly sort after and credentialed new coach and thought he'd ignore the old brigade and put a couple of wet behind the ears and about 30 games between them as skippers. joint was a joke within 6 weeks.

dusty, lynch, vlossy and taranto are the standouts if hopper has a good year he is up there in the future would prefer we go with one or 2 with experience with maybe a blend of younger ones like rioli and baker emerging in our leadership group.

Round 4 2019
still one of our "what a win" games
no Cotch / Dusty / Rance / Jack / Houli (and the P.A Power were primed to go)
big Lynch made all tiger fans pump there fists that night
but it was Shedda who said "follow me boys" leading from the front and Grimes who had a "no ball will pass me" final quarter

still one of our "what a win" games
no Cotch / Dusty / Rance / Jack / Houli (and the P.A Power were primed to go)
big Lynch made all tiger fans pump there fists that night
but it was Shedda who said "follow me boys" leading from the front and Grimes who had a "no ball will pass me" final quarter
You are 100% correct
I’m definitely due to watch that game again
Sheds was the replacement captain for the game wasn’t he? with Cotch and Jack out when we only had those two as C and VC

You are 100% correct
I’m definitely due to watch that game again
Sheds was the replacement captain for the game wasn’t he? with Cotch and Jack out when we only had those two as C and VC
yes...Shedda was stand in capt, he played like two midfielders that night.
we sent the power fans into melt down that night, there fans were spitting anger after the final siren
Dimma's smile and delight that night was unforgettable

Round 4 2019
This was his most important game for the club.

Hoping Yze comes in first day of pre season and reminds Lynch of how good he has when he was a campaigner.

Tell him, * the media, * the oppos, * everyone. Get nasty again.
lol go out swinging round 1. Can picture the write up from the media now.

Is a good point

Bolton or Ross as captain? 🤣

Bolton or Ross as captain? 🤣
Wasn’t advocating for either just saying at this stage they are probably the only two that have shown some of the qualities needed for the job

But at this stage neither are ready
Ross needs to focus on his footy for a few more years and Bolton needs to get his temper right

Remove this Banner Ad

Back