Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

I still can’t get over the fact that they put him back on the ground with that foot injury against the Bulldogs. He is the most important player on our list and he was put back out there without proper diagnosis. Stuffed our season right then and there. Hopefully it hasn’t stuffed the rest of his career also
Cost Richo his career when he came back on after doing his hammy against the Swans in 2009.

Wait, is Lynch not coming back confirmed or are you all just being dramatic?
Officially the club believes he'll be back at full training after Christmas.

Though people are pessimistic because we have been through this song and dance all year. First it was "he'll be back in 6 weeks", then "actually it will be after the bye", then it turned to "maybe the later rounds", then it turned "he's out for the season". Now it's "he'll be at full training in the new year".

It's understandable people have their doubts about that. What was supposed to be a 6 week injury is taking 9 months. There just something not right about this.

The premiers won a flag with Peter frampton at FF , how many years before we can aspire to be that good
Yeah but he could show them the way

Seeing as most leg injuries take 12m why would a broken foot that’s known to be the slowest be alarming that it hasn’t healed in 6m. healing a bone fracture in a weight bearing area will be a delicate process , me thinks the advice would be keep as much weight of it for as long as possible for best result

6 foot 6 100kg man mountain over 30 with serious foot injury going 50 weeks over the initial estimation

even if Meehan forces him back on the field I can't see him playing more than a few games before going out injured again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Officially the club believes he'll be back at full training after Christmas.

Though people are pessimistic because we have been through this song and dance all year. First it was "he'll be back in 6 weeks", then "actually it will be after the bye", then it turned to "maybe the later rounds", then it turned "he's out for the season". Now it's "he'll be at full training in the new year".

It's understandable people have their doubts about that. What was supposed to be a 6 week injury is taking 9 months. There just something not right about this.
Yeah club is just telling us he's 7-12 weeks away yet again LMAO

6 foot 6 100kg man mountain over 30 with serious foot injury going 50 weeks over the initial estimation

even if Meehan forces him back on the field I can't see him playing more than a few games before going out injured again
All Tall ~2m forwards are injury prone , the game just aint ideally suited to them, none of them will see 300 games , certainly not unique to Tom lynch

tabenrner
2 kings
Lewis
lynch
ben brown
2m Peter
Mitch lewis
hogan
and back in the day Richo was to

Seeing as most leg injuries take 12m why would a broken foot that’s known to be the slowest be alarming that it hasn’t healed in 6m. healing a bone fracture in a weight bearing area will be a delicate process , me thinks the advice would be keep as much weight of it for as long as possible for best result
Current medical practise is the opposite...as soon as the pain is gone...your generally encouraged to get up and about moving...not being sedentary...and not over do it to cause a regression...its all managed to an inch of its life...but get moving!

Richo broke a foot v freo R4 2000 , played another 9 years , was a *ing nasty injury too , car crash style was described, so stick that in ya pipe and smoke it
classic film smoking GIF by Turner Classic Movies

Richo broke a foot v freo R4 2000 , played another 9 years , was a *ing nasty injury too , car crash style was described, so stick that in ya pipe and smoke it
I broke my foot couple of years ago, walking fine now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back