Delisted 19 -Quinton Narkle (2017 - 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like he goes hard at it, hopefully the old man will pass along the headgear for Quenton's protection.

VYGfaiZ.jpg
Those old cards are so nostalgic. AAaahhh.... The good old days!

Quinton Narkle (Perth/Wesley College)

Born

Height: 181cm

Weight: 82kg

AFL bio: Medium forward-midfielder who is a prolific ball winner with pace and quick, clean hands. His 17 disposals, five marks and two goals versus Vic Metro in the NAB AFL under-18 championships was impressive.

"Narks is a 19-year-old who's really developed. He's an elite stoppage player, he often gets high numbers for clearances. He has a bit of power and speed, which we didn't see all that often this year, but when he gets going he's quite powerful and has some breakaway pace. He just needs to show it a bit more often. In the championships we saw some strong tackling which was nice, and he was one of our better players in the games where the team didn't play too well, which is a good sign. He needs to keep working on his endurance and work ethic in games, and really develop his defensive running when the opposition have the ball. But he has some real upside. It was his first full year in the colts system and he played well in the champs, so he's shown everyone that he's capable."

Adam Jones, WA talent manager

He is indeed related to Phil Narkle....his son I believe.

and nephew of Keith Narkle who played 254 games in WAFL for swan districts in the 70s and early 80s. Swans had the Narkle boys on each wing and Leon Baker at centre:). A good family and if he us anything like either Phil or Keith he will be a good get. Phil was cruelled by injury and we never really saw the best of him.

Would have to think his nickname at the club will be "Fa#k" Narkle

If he is any good he may get called "Sparkle Narkle".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This kid looks like an absolute rippa.
He's the pick of this years bunch for mine, he has me the most exited about anyone in the last 3 years (Including Cocky)
Looks like he already knows what he's going to do with it before he gets it.
Always looking for a player in a good spot.
I see quite a bit of PFD in young Quinton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be just me but he reminded me a little bit of Mots.

I hope Narkle becomes a superstar - like all Geelong recruits

However Gary Buckenara ( unlike Shifter Sheahan who says they are all going to be fantastic players) wrote a summary of each clubs recruits - and brutually honest comments from a hard nosed successfull recruiting officer and himself a former top line player

This is what he had to say about Narkle - " He did lose his way a bit after under 16s - he wasnt working hard enough and didnt have the dedication. It looks like the penny may have finally dropped and if he continues on that path could be a good find "

Blend of Bundy Christensen and Motlop. Can win the contested footy and hurt on the outside. He has a thumping kick. Could be a top winger.

Love the need for people to constantly compare every indigenous player at draft time to a past indigenous player. Lazy comparisons.

Was about to say his DE doesn't look great in the highlights package. But seeing the championships stats his DE was above average. Looks worthy of a late pick. Hopefully he goes well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back