Details
Number
Height 183cm
Weight 88Kg
DOB 02-06-1990
Debut 2010 Round 11 Vs Brisbane
Games 248
Goals 142

Player honours: AFL Rising Star nominee 2011; AFL Rising Star Runner-Up 2011; John Worsfold Medal 2016, 2019; AFL Premiership Player 2018; AFL Norm Smith Winner 2018
Draft history: 2008 NAB AFL Draft priority selection (West Coast) No. 18 overall.

Last edited:

Cant win em all. Ballantyne vs Swift?

Not that Balla isn't a dick. And WC would give up a lot if Hil lsome how came onto the market. Would be perfect for our team opposing Gaff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another great article on Luke Shuey:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/mor...for-all-good-men/story-e6frf9jf-1226574520960

"Now, Shuey has officially been installed in the Eagles' leadership group, recognised for outstanding traits both off-field and on-field as one of two additions to the clique for 2013, alongside Eric Mackenzie.

It marks a recognition after years marred with personal trials, with Shuey having overcome osteitis pubis, two hernia operations, a broken leg and glandular fever, in addition to dealing with Melanie's passing, all in a little more than 12 months at the Eagles.

After all that, football was easy."

Was tempted to put that part in the Mackenzie thread as he seriously only ever gets the slightest mention in articles.
Hence why I'm trolling this page and posting this article.

Another great article on Luke Shuey:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/mor...for-all-good-men/story-e6frf9jf-1226574520960

"Now, Shuey has officially been installed in the Eagles' leadership group, recognised for outstanding traits both off-field and on-field as one of two additions to the clique for 2013, alongside Eric Mackenzie.

It marks a recognition after years marred with personal trials, with Shuey having overcome osteitis pubis, two hernia operations, a broken leg and glandular fever, in addition to dealing with Melanie's passing, all in a little more than 12 months at the Eagles.

After all that, football was easy."

Was tempted to put that part in the Mackenzie thread as he seriously only ever gets the slightest mention in articles.
Hence why I'm trolling this page and posting this article.
Its not my Fault my boy is a superstar deserving of every little bit of attention he gets. Brownlow is coming :)

Round 1: West Coast vs Fremantle - Subiaco Oval
Ohk so yeah it was a poor start to the year. Shuey was very quiet. He did cop a tight tag from the apparent best tagger in the game so he has some excuse and we still have reason to believe he will bounce back. Did show us what he was capable of with a three bounce dash in the first quarter. Still managed 6 clearances and did try pretty damn hard. Lifted marginally in the last quarter and it showed with our teams performance also increasing. He is so important to our chances and can't have another game this quiet. Credit to crowley he put on a tight tag. Capture.PNG

Just wondering if you have stood next to Shuey lately. 183cm and 88kg. That's Fyfes weight... Does he look 88kg up close?

Shueys year thus far:

Round 1:24 disposals, 101 fantasy points and 2 goals. Played well in a losing effort against a lively Western Bulldogs. Named in best.
Round 2: 24 disposals, 119 fantasy points, 2 goals. An easy shellacking of a terrible Carlton. However Shuey played well through the midfield getting two goals, again named in the best.
Round 3: 17 disposals, 59 fantasy points, 0 goals. In a game where Freo kicked our butts, Shuey was very quiet. This game typifies why he has been labelled by some a flat track bully, and unfortunately he wasn't able to step up and turn the game around.
Round 4: 14 disposals, 64 fantasy points and 1 goal. In this game where we easily accounted for the Lions Shuey played fairly well before being subbed out with an ankle injury. Thankfully it was only minor and he got up for the next week against GWS.
Round 5: 24 Disposals, 100 fantasy points and 2 goals. WC kept up Subiaco Oval's reputation as a house of pain for GWS, smashing them to the tune of 87 points. Shuey was certainly part of the midfield dominance, named in WC's best.
Round 6: 23 disposals, 105 fantasy points and 2 goals. WCE trumped a sloppy Port Adelaide by ten points at the new Adelaide Oval. Shuey was instrumental in getting the Eagles over the line, kicking two clutch goals in the last, including the one that iced the game. Good to see us get the win over a team that was 5th last year, and helping Shuey shake his personal tag of flat track bully.
Round 7: 28 Disposals, 121 fantasy points and 1 goal against an injury struck Gold Coast Suns. Personally I though Shuey's clean hands and dash through the midfield really stood out, but he was overshadowed by the brownlow medallist and Elliot Yeo, although still within the best on ground. He also kicked a ripper involving a soccer like flick off the ground, into his hands and then completing the goal. Should have been goal of the week but the AFL for some reason didn't rate it as highly as a fairly average goal from Buddy Franklin.

Shuey has also taken strides in his leadership development. Last years Victorian draftees were farmed out for a week to the leaders at West Coast, with Jacko Nelson (i think) staying with Shuey .

Further highlighting his continuing leadership development, Duggan specifically mentioned Shuey's influence in an article about his development:
Duggan also said Luke Shuey has been a good influence.
"I'm playing a similar role to him," Duggan said.
"He's sort of taken me under his wing a bit and shown me the way and he's really looking out for me out there which is nice as well."
http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2015-05-17/duggan-settling-into-nest

At the main breaks and after the game Shuey has also been spotted explaining and helping out Duggan.

Round 8 vs St Kilda
Shuey was beast in a 53 point win over St Kilda.
BOG as voted by members of this board, reinforced by ten coaches votes (rated BOG by both coaches).
He stood up and really took the game on when St Kilda was staging a comeback. He also showed how to approach a player who is going for a high tackle, of which a gif was made, not quite sure where though.

I don't know how to put in videos, but HoneyBadger35 :thumbsu: put together his highlights that can be found in the Liam Duggan thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back