Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Remove this Banner Ad

Not trying to stir the pot here, as I know there is a lot love for Jasper in this thread.

But personally, I think he is sh1t.

Wouldnt get a game in any other team in the AFL.

We need to get rid of battlers and list cloggers like this guy, and there are plenty on our list......before the performance curve for NMFC starts to head north again.
He's def one of too any who's disposal is sub-standard.....can't have too many or the pendulum swings massively towards our skills being sh!thouse.
Wouldn't consider him a lock for next year, unless he has a contract.

Not trying to stir the pot here, as I know there is a lot love for Jasper in this thread.

But personally, I think he is sh1t.

Wouldnt get a game in any other team in the AFL.

We need to get rid of battlers and list cloggers like this guy, and there are plenty on our list......before the performance curve for NMFC starts to head north again.

There are hundreds of players in his skill range - plenty of average players. The league is full of Jaspers.

He has flexibility and a good passion, effort for the game that many do not have.

The forgotten man. Much loved yet there he is, exiled from senior selection with his player thread stuck 3 pages down the forum.

Where's he at?

Much fanfare after year 1, voted into (note- not 'elevated') into the leadership group but quietly discarded from the team and watching kids who haven't seen a football since they were 15 jumping in ahead of him.

I think he has a bit to offer but it's not looking good.

The forgotten man. Much loved yet there he is, exiled from senior selection with his player thread stuck 3 pages down the forum.

Where's he at?

Much fanfare after year 1, voted into (note- not 'elevated') into the leadership group but quietly discarded from the team and watching kids who haven't seen a football since they were 15 jumping in ahead of him.

Do we know if he's missed selection again this week? I'm expecting Pittard and Polec to come into the team. Perez is the only know inclusion at this stage, as we usually announce debutantes early.

Where's he at?

He was SO good last year unless my memory is playing tricks. Defended well, marked everything that came near him, ran with the ball and gained a lot of ground for us. Kind of like LMac is doing this year, I guess. I hope it's not just unlucky timing on his contract and he gets another go based on what he delivered in a normal season - I'm struggling to see how he or anyone could reasonably be judged on this year, but with so many out of contract and list size coming down, there will be a few unlucky players.

This is exactly the thing. No one is even mentioning Pittard. It's all polec and bits of hall.
My guess is were finally doing it. We are tanking properly. Found something to knit pick and use it to our advantage "look guys you're not doing what we're saying, polly, you're clearly an outside luxury player to have, i just don't understand why you're not going in hard enough. That's it. Take 4 weeks off."
"Pittard, you're helping us stay in these games. But you're making too many errors by foot. That's it. I'm sick of your s**t, 4 weeks for you too."

We have 3 games left. We can get games into young guys. Polec, hall, pittard, Macmillan type players help us stay in games.

My bet is. Polec is wrapt with his newly built house in chadstone plus the baby news, he doesn't want to go anywhere. He is wrapt to give his foot a break too and rest when he has a midfield to actually help him next year.

Pittards in the leadership group and is active in North promotional stuff, i bet he isn't out of favour too and isn't likely to be let go of.

This is exactly the thing. No one is even mentioning Pittard. It's all polec and bits of hall.
My guess is were finally doing it. We are tanking properly. Found something to knit pick and use it to our advantage "look guys you're not doing what we're saying, polly, you're clearly an outside luxury player to have, i just don't understand why you're not going in hard enough. That's it. Take 4 weeks off."
"Pittard, you're helping us stay in these games. But you're making too many errors by foot. That's it. I'm sick of your sh*t, 4 weeks for you too."

We have 3 games left. We can get games into young guys. Polec, hall, pittard, Macmillan type players help us stay in games.

My bet is. Polec is wrapt with his newly built house in chadstone plus the baby news, he doesn't want to go anywhere. He is wrapt to give his foot a break too and rest when he has a midfield to actually help him next year.

Pittards in the leadership group and is active in North promotional stuff, i bet he isn't out of favour too and isn't likely to be let go of.

Nice take. I want to believe it's on the money.

Where's he at?

He’s delivered exactly what was expected, can play, but can also butcher it very badly. Good depth.

Personally I think a big part of it is that Shaw just has a really big bugbear with senior blokes who's skills occasionally just go completely AWOL, especially in the back half. Pittard + Marley both have issues with their kicking being inconsistent and at times very costly. Marley needs to constrain himself pretty tightly to not heck up in that regard, whereas Pittard IMO isn't as bad but just tends to bite off far more than he can chew on top of a general howler every now and again. Polec is another who is surprisingly inconsistent by foot.

With the list squeeze and his age he might find himself out the door.

I'm not sure we can keep all of McMillan, Pittard and Williams.
Ask me which is the better player and I say Jmac. If we can only keep one though i say Williams. He's a pretty elite small defender, and he CAN play it safe by foot.

Interesting times ahead, because while I don't necessarily agree with us only being able to keep 1 of the 3, I agree with the sentiment that overall we are carrying too many players with similar limitations.

Interesting to hear Rhyce say in his presser that it was good to have Garner and Pittard back, with both playing in the scratchie this week. Didn’t know Jasper was injured so that helps explain why we’ve heard nothing on this front. Hope he goes well.

Interesting to hear Rhyce say in his presser that it was good to have Garner and Pittard back, with both playing in the scratchie this week. Didn’t know Jasper was injured so that helps explain why we’ve heard nothing on this front. Hope he goes well.

Yes - totally weird!!!

I feel like Jasper never made it onto the injury list nor Brady updates?

Polec's absence a little odd as well.

something fishy going on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For only 30 odd games, he gave us far more good than the bad he was supposedly renowned for at Port, and he became a staunch North player faster than most who've walked through the doors.

Deserved to be a cult favorite at North and the leadership position was recognition.

Cheers Jasp.

I have no words. I don’t have anything positive to say. That is career killing that.
Called this 3 months ago back in round 3. Played okay footy last year but you cant afford footballers with such poor disposal at half back. This is the modern game and its played between the arcs. Marley has learnt the hard way also.

Its brutal but we supporters need to leave sentiment out of it.
Rawlings has taken a club to a flag and he will take ours to our next.

If he had stayed at Port, I wonder if they would have dropped him by now as well?

Kind of feel sorry for the bloke, I felt like he always gave it 100%, very energetic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back