Player Watch #16: Zac Fisher

Remove this Banner Ad

Frustrating to hear Clarko mention him in what seemed like a positive light in the presser. He's a liability defensively - too short and too loose. He can kick 30-40 metre bullet passes: but, even when he has time, he panics if his first option becomes unavailable and kicks low to the second option - no matter what. It's a high risk roulette situation. And now he's started panicking with his hack kicks.

He could offer something forward - try him there.

Frustrating to hear Clarko mention him in what seemed like a positive light in the presser. He's a liability defensively - too short and too loose. He can kick 30-40 metre bullet passes: but, even when he has time, he panics if his first option becomes unavailable and kicks low to the second option - no matter what. It's a high risk roulette situation. And now he's started panicking with his hack kicks.

He could offer something forward - try him there.

Don't think we have anyone else to track runners like Brad Hill. Brad Hill would blow up just about any of our runners but fisher did well to track him I thought

Don't think we have anyone else to track runners like Brad Hill. Brad Hill would blow up just about any of our runners but fisher did well to track him I thought
Hill had 15 to half time. One of those was from a chest mark at CHF from a centre clearance after Fisher didn't man up on him. But either way, Hill did as he pleased. Clarko said he moved Tucker on to him after half time to try to quieten him down.

He’d be fine across half back if we actually had some decent mid/small defenders. The problem is all of our defenders are pretty unaccountable which highlights how bad Fisher is, especially in aerial contests.

He’d be fine across half back if we actually had some decent mid/small defenders. The problem is all of our defenders are pretty unaccountable which highlights how bad Fisher is, especially in aerial contests.
Errmmmm his disposal is legitimately s**t house. I would trust Stevo in that role than fisher

Also Zac ol mate, the Harlem globetrotter type handballs in defence dont work generally , partcularly when you are a card carrying member of the Washington Generals.

I think the crank on Fisher is a bit over the top.

Players like Stephenson, Stephens (when he plays) Tucker and even Zurhaar go missing for huge parts of the game - but Fisher at least shows a willingness to get involved.

He'd be a better bet than Tucker and Stephens on a wing atleast.

I think the crank on Fisher is a bit over the top.

Players like Stephenson, Stephens (when he plays) Tucker and even Zurhaar go missing for huge parts of the game - but Fisher at least shows a willingness to get involved.

He'd be a better bet than Tucker and Stephens on a wing atleast.
You might be right, but he needs to improve his composure and decision making. He panicked and caused multiple goals from horrific turnovers. As well as turning goal scoring opportunities into scores against. He had a mare today, no matter what anyone says

You might be right, but he needs to improve his composure and decision making. He panicked and caused multiple goals from horrific turnovers. As well as turning goal scoring opportunities into scores against. He had a mare today, no matter what anyone says
He really killed our momentum

Errmmmm his disposal is legitimately s**t house. I would trust Stevo in that role than fisher
It’s not amazing, but in his and all the defenders defence it’s hard to hit targets when you look upfield and everyone is so stagnant. Even Sheez was turning it over from half back because no one was leading at the ball carrier.

It’s not amazing, but in his and all the defenders defence it’s hard to hit targets when you look upfield and everyone is so stagnant. Even Sheez was turning it over from half back because no one was leading at the ball carrier.
I get bombing it long to a contest because that’s what everyone is taught to do if don’t have any short or obvious options.

It is his skill execution and decision making under pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering I’ve seen enough games of his from his time in Carlton, similarly to CCJ. His shitness is not surprising in the least, blind ******* Freddy could seen this being a trade blunder.

Yet the list management team has done it again, another complete whiff at the trade table.

Seems to have uploaded “Jack Ziebell decision making” into his brain Matrix style in the preseason.

At least half of those blind hack kicks were not required as he had some separation and he’s clearly got leg speed.

He’s just feeling the pressure I’d say.

[/QUOTE]
Good point - so many token leading efforts from our players resulting in no separation and options coming out of defence. But he shouldn't be back there because he can't defend.

Surely you jest? We have 6 half forwards on our list and you want to play Fisher there as well?
He’s a panic merchant. Just what we need across half forward - a guy dumping 45m sky high bombs into the forward line.
If he has to play, it shouldn't be in defence. He refuses to man up and isn't strong or tall enough to deal with 95% of forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back