AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

Lav reads the play well, is very athletic and has been decent on much bigger stronger players.
He won’t know himself with McKay and Reid in the team as he’ll will now play back pocket instead of fullback or centre half back.
Lav will get the oppositions third tall/medium forward to mind instead of the oppositions key forward..
He’s ahead of Kelly and probably Heppell - barring injury he’ll play every game

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Problem is Ridley is that 3rd tall and Martin has taken Heppell’s spot.

That really only leaves D7 up for grabs where it will likely be Lav vs Cox vs Baldwin vs ???? Smaller player.

Lav also has a critical disadvantage of having already played 100+ games. He doesn’t need to get any more games into him. He is who he is. And will know how to do a job if required.

I think he plays 10+ games but don’t have him as a lock for every game

Whoever wants his spot needs to be just as prepared to get smashed every week and then come back for more....

Lav is a warrior and we don’t have that many of them tbh. Suspect he is very highly respected internally and not as easily dislodged as some seem to think.
Sure, but it also works the other way, in that someone's ability to 'take the hits' covers up other deficiencies. We all love a good warrior, but a good footballer is better for the team.

Whoever wants his spot needs to be just as prepared to get smashed every week and then come back for more....

Lav is a warrior and we don’t have that many of them tbh. Suspect he is very highly respected internally and not as easily dislodged as some seem to think.
Yeah, I think Baldwin needs to show a bit more to dislodge Lav completely.

I think they are interchangeable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem is Ridley is that 3rd tall and Martin has taken Heppell’s spot.

That really only leaves D7 up for grabs where it will likely be Lav vs Cox vs Baldwin vs ???? Smaller player.

Lav also has a critical disadvantage of having already played 100+ games. He doesn’t need to get any more games into him. He is who he is. And will know how to do a job if required.

I think he plays 10+ games but don’t have him as a lock for every game
Agreed. We know Lav. We need to know more about Baldwin and Cox, and if we're not challenging they should be being selected at some point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back