Player Watch #15: Andrew Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Insults now, usually used when someone has nothing further to contribute. Dyslexic no I'm not but do you know what it actually means? Perhaps look into it you might learn something.

Anyway I will concede to help you, we both think Miles is a good player and we both love him at Tiger land
My ranking of great players is higher than yours so based on your ranking he is great and based on that the 5 or so I rank above him at RFC must be superstars.

Anyway unless you have anything more constructive to support your argument that Miles is a GREAT footballer I'll just conceed and say your right champ.
Now you're starting to talk some sense. It does appear we both have different ranking systems. For example, and this is very generalised, but I would see each list has ~5 great players, ~10 good players, ~10 above average/role players. As I think Miles is top 5/6 at our club, then that falls within my ranking system that he is great.

And no, I don't think the 5 above him are superstars. RFC only has one played I'd deem a superstar - Rancey

On Taylor Hunt i can see why Geelong delisted him, He is a below par afl player and that is despite us actually giving him plenty of games.

Reckon Hunt gets a bad wrap. Cost us nothing but a spot on our list and how much did our run improve with him and McIntosh in our side.

Never going to be a star and others may claim his spot as the side gets better and better but we definitely didn't go backwards with him in the side IMO.

Not fussed with picking up Moore. Cost us nothing and more to gain than loose.

Hey bro names are irrelevant. Just pick up a kid who can fill a need. Make him a project player. Either an inside mid or a ruck or
A hbf etc
Every plYer we've picked up 5 plus years in the system has been a dud under the DH era ( barring Ivaan , but he could play just Jacobs took his spot) . Thomas Hampson Azza pets miller etc were flops so why would you bother. Please don't reply with Hunt
As he's a perfect example at where we are at.
how many years had grigg and Houli had in the system :eek: or is 4 not enough

Now you're starting to talk some sense. It does appear we both have different ranking systems. For example, and this is very generalised, but I would see each list has ~5 great players, ~10 good players, ~10 above average/role players. As I think Miles is top 5/6 at our club, then that falls within my ranking system that he is great.

And no, I don't think the 5 above him are superstars. RFC only has one played I'd deem a superstar - Rancey

I'd rank Rance, Jack, Lids, Martin and Cotchin all above Miles

Also don't know who the 5 x GREAT players at Carlton or Brisbane would be?

Imagine if we picked up Jarrod Grant or Jack Watts instead of Moore.lol.:eek::p:D
Just imagine. Most of the same criticisms that apply to Moore would apply to those two. All had six or seven years and all have similar performance levels at AFL. In fact i would say Jack Watts has out performed Moore.
But wait Watts is a former #1 pick and Grant is a former #5 pick so lets take em on junior ability.
I don't undestand it, laughing and taking the piss out of some players but clearly the same principals are not applied to others.
I am really interested to know what is it that Moore has done at AFL level that the other two haven't?. I dont see how you can be so critical of those two and not be critical of Moore.

Just imagine. Most of the same criticisms that apply to Moore would apply to those two. All had or seven years and all have similar performance levels at AFL.In fact i would say Jack Watts has out performed Moore.
I don't undestand it, laughing and taking the piss out of some players but clearly the same principals are not applied to others.
I am really interested to know what is it that Moore has done at AFL level that the other two haven't?. I dont see how you can be so critical of those two and not be critical of Moore.
Are you serious?lol
Maybe forums are not for you.

Just imagine. Most of the same criticisms that apply to Moore would apply to those two. All had six or seven years and all have similar performance levels at AFL. In fact i would say Jack Watts has out performed Moore.
But wait Watts is a former #1 pick and Grant is a former #5 pick so lets take em on junior ability.

u wot m8

Yes deadly serious. Maybe you should answer the question. What has Moore done at Afl that the other two have not? How has he outperformed those two at AFL level.
Maybe just Maybe you need to open your eyes.lol.
Hand in your account to the nearest Mod.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hand in your account to the nearest Mod.
That im willing to do. Only if you can show us all how Moore has outperformed those two you are hysterically laughing at.

Why are you avoiding a discussion on this. By your own actions you clearly think Grant and Watts hacks, But you rate Moore. Surely you can come up with some reasons why you think Moore has outperformed those two.
Cmon they aren"t hard questions. Answer them instead of childish insults.
What has Moore done at AFL LEVEL that makes him a better player that the other two have not?.
How has he outperformed the other two at the level.?
The fact is the similarity between all three is staggering. Would you like me to point out those similarities? because it seems to me you are struggling with this a bit.

I sort of get what you mean however let's look at your points

1. Watts has more talent than most you don't lose talent but unfortunately he doesn't have the heart hunger or goods for AFL footy

2. Grant is a small in a tall body he does not have the size muscle bulk strenght or talent to play as a tall in the AFL if he was shorter he would have been delisted long ago, dogs have not had a quality tall for a long time if Grant couldn't make it there he won't make it anywhere

Neither did much at the lower level when they were dropped

Compare that to Moore who dominates at the lower level and is in a team with a very strong midfield and very strong flankers so his opportunities were more limited to both Grant and Watts

I sort of get what you mean however let's look at your points

1. Watts has more talent than most you don't lose talent but unfortunately he doesn't have the heart hunger or goods for AFL footy

2. Grant is a small in a tall body he does not have the size muscle bulk strenght or talent to play as a tall in the AFL if he was shorter he would have been delisted long ago, dogs have not had a quality tall for a long time if Grant couldn't make it there he won't make it anywhere

Neither did much at the lower level when they were dropped

Compare that to Moore who dominates at the lower level and is in a team with a very strong midfield and very strong flankers so his opportunities were more limited to both Grant and Watts
And yet moore has had 6 years and played 55 games. He has the physical attributes and a hunger for the game yet his performances are no better than Grants or Watts. He has only performed at the lower level this yr as well.
Watts has hardly had to play reserves footy, Grant is a different story.

I am not advocating we take any of these blokes. Thing is some people are highly critical of Watts and Grant. Yet we have a bloke in Moore whos performances are no better if not worse at the level, and the same sort of standard is not applied.
I will ask it again what has Moore done at AFL LEVEL 6 YRS OF HISTORY to not deserve the same sort of critique. The simple answer to that is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Just checked out Moore's highlight's package... not bad at all... so what happened?!?...

He was constantly played at half forward and not in his natural position.

The majority of the replies in here when talking about Moore have said that he has to prove his worthy of more than 1 year. I have replied on a number of times that over his 55 games he has shown glimpses of the sort of inside midfield game that he is capable of, but it hasn't happened often enough because of the players he was fighting for a spot against. Players that have proven to be very good inside midfielders themselves.

Shaun Grigg & Bachar Houli are 2 players who much like Moore hadn't shown much before the joined us, but given consistency in the roles they have been asked to play and having been shown some faith they have developed into important pieces of our side. Over their time with us I've seen them questioned, hell I've even done it myself on occasion but as we enter 2016 I have both firmly entrenched in my best 22. Now I'm not going to sit here and suggest that Moore will join them, I hope that he does, but give the depth of our list he is coming from a long way back, but he does help fill a void in an area that we have been badly exposed in over the last 3 finals series.

As for Watts and Grant and the level of criticism they get compared to Moore, it's simple, Moore is now a Tiger, Watts and Grant are flogs that aren't. You join Richmond you are part of the family.

Man there is some emotion in this thread

Long off season :$
I could have changed the title of the welcome Taylor Hunt thread from last year and you wouldn't even notice

And yet moore has had 6 years and played 55 games. He has the physical attributes and a hunger for the game yet his performances are no better than Grants or Watts. He has only performed at the lower level this yr as well.
Watts has hardly had to play reserves footy, Grant is a different story.

I am not advocating we take any of these blokes. Thing is some people are highly critical of Watts and Grant. Yet we have a bloke in Moore whos performances are no better if not worse at the level, and the same sort of standard is not applied.
I will ask it again what has Moore done at AFL LEVEL 6 YRS OF HISTORY to not deserve the same sort of critique. The simple answer to that is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
You have made your point that you don't like Moore he is a tiger now for 1 year so get over it and grow up
If after 1 year he makes no AFL appearances and doesn't contribute we will expect you to come back and say I told you so but even then we say what did it cost us nothing!!!!

So jog on campaigner and look for a positive rather than a negative because most on here think for what we paid it's worth the risk

The majority of the replies in here when talking about Moore have said that he has to prove his worthy of more than 1 year. I have replied on a number of times that over his 55 games he has shown glimpses of the sort of inside midfield game that he is capable of, but it hasn't happened often enough because of the players he was fighting for a spot against. Players that have proven to be very good inside midfielders themselves.

Shaun Grigg & Bachar Houli are 2 players who much like Moore hadn't shown much before the joined us, but given consistency in the roles they have been asked to play and having been shown some faith they have developed into important pieces of our side. Over their time with us I've seen them questioned, hell I've even done it myself on occasion but as we enter 2016 I have both firmly entrenched in my best 22. Now I'm not going to sit here and suggest that Moore will join them, I hope that he does, but give the depth of our list he is coming from a long way back, but he does help fill a void in an area that we have been badly exposed in over the last 3 finals series.

As for Watts and Grant and the level of criticism they get compared to Moore, it's simple, Moore is now a Tiger, Watts and Grant are flogs that aren't. You join Richmond you are part of the family.
I have basically replied to your posts and others from the view that yes we have taken Moore but should we have? I understand you and most others have said he must prove himself in one yr. I am arguing That a bloke who is 24 played 55 games had 6 yrs and has been taken to alleviate a need we should not be taking unproven players. The price has little to do with it. In Moores circumstances it should be a PROVEN AFL PLAYER we are taking.It is not that hard to comprehend.
Yes you make excuses for why he could not get a game at Port. The simple truth is he has not been good enough, ffs some ordinary blokes have also got games in front of him.His AFL record when given OPPORTUNITY, and there has been lots of them is poor.It is something that should not just be flicked under the carpet to justify taking him.

Houli and Grigg had shown plenty,In fact were just coming into their own, They had 4 yrs at their clubs and those clubs did not want to lose them.
Grigg played the last 8 games of 2010 and his output and stats are little different to today. Griggy didnt get early games in 2010 because of weak defensive efforts and a lack of hardness, traits that had gone unchecked at richmond.His time at the tiges has hardly been different to his time at Carlton.He is basically the same player and only now are his weaknesses being improved upon.

Houli well a similar story. Houli was not getting many games at the bombers but when he did his output then was not so different to what we get now.

Unlike Moore, Grigg and Houli left because they felt they were not getting a decent go. Moore was delisted after two whole yrs more in the system.

You have made your point that you don't like Moore he is a tiger now for 1 year so get over it and grow up
If after 1 year he makes no AFL appearances and doesn't contribute we will expect you to come back and say I told you so but even then we say what did it cost us nothing!!!!

So jog on campaigner and look for a positive rather than a negative because most on here think for what we paid it's worth the risk
Make no mistake campaigner i am happy for us to take the risk. What im really asking is. Is there a need for the risk to be so great when taking a Mature 24 yr old 55 game Afl player WHO WILL BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM.

Grow up, wtf are you on about? Its a debate about the merits of taking Andrew Moore OR NOT. Oh i see you dont want to talk about the cons you only want the positives. I am sorry mate but a forum does not work like that, maybe its you who should grow up, life is not all roses mate.

Hey its a debate, positive or negative there are things to be learned from both sides.
Why is it your view of things is more important than mine and plenty others. How about i say to you, jog on bud your too positive, get real a lot of us think we are grasping at straws here. Yet i have never ever gone down that path. Yes i have a negative point of view on this issue should it not be voiced and the position defended in debate as others debate opposing views.

No i would never come back and say i told you so.My expectations arent high like most around here so im not likely to get my nose out of joint.I am sure about one thing though. It will be the positive types coming back on here saying i told you if wrong.

He was constantly played at half forward and not in his natural position.

So we will play him at half back so he learns the defensive side of the game

I seem to remember Mopsy a few years ago a change in direction where the list development team announced there would be a change in the type of player taken in r4/r5 and rookies. We had been taking kids but they were not be able to step up if required when injuries hit the main group and they would be kept on the list for 2- 3 years or more with the knowledge they were kids and needed development time.
When the inevitable happened and they were cut they had served no purpose at all except disappointment a rough diamond hadn't eventuated.
So mature age were targeted and they have at least bern able to play AFL in emergencies and then been cut.
That is Moore's role as worse case scenario...insurance for a year rather than a kid that gets kept on the list for 2-3 years, playing vfl and doing 60kg bench presses, trying to get some AFL ready size.
Moore CAN play AFL...nothing more and nothing less.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back